LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, New Orleans Sean Peyton did so poorly as both and how bout that Green Bay Packers? Man they stink huh?

Is it working for Garrett? You can point to Payton and Green Bay all you want, but I can poitn to Tomlin, and Belicek, and Jimmy Johnson. But what does Jimmy Johnson know? He only won two Super Bowls.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been better but only because Tyron has been better.

Without Tyron, the OL would be a complete disaster right now.

Costa is just fucking pathetic. But, he's one of Jerry's pets so he'll get all the opportunities any player could ever get.

Jones would have never even known who Costa was without the scouting department, so he definitely isnt a "pet"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it working for Garrett? You can point to Payton and Green Bay all you want, but I can poitn to Tomlin, and Belicek, and Jimmy Johnson. But what does Jimmy Johnson know? He only won two Super Bowls.

I dont think either way is better or worse than the other. You can find alot of super bowl winners and elite coaches who called their own plays. Landry did. Bill Walsh did, Joe Gibbs did, Shanahan did, Jon Gruden called his own plays, Mike Holmgren did it, and recently guys like McCarthy and Payton. Then there's others who did nothing with play calling. People like Jimmy, Chuck Noll, Bill Parcells, Belichick and I think Don Shula.

Reaction score
Jones would have never even known who Costa was without the scouting department, so he definitely isnt a "pet"

I agree. Just like I'm sure he also didn't know who Romo or Austin were when they were signed as undrafted free agents. Yet it's funny to hear the homers proclaim these were great finds by the GM.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree. Just like I'm sure he also didn't know who Romo or Austin were when they were signed as undrafted free agents. Yet it's funny to hear the homers proclaim these were great finds by the GM.

Homer Translation

Things that work = Jerry's brilliance
Things that didn't work = happens to all teams OR Jerry doesn't control that

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Jerry's dumbass probably would have cut Austin if it weren't for Parcells reaching into his bag of NFL contacts.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The line needs 3 new interior players, and it could get by with Free at RT until we find an upgrade for that fake franchise LT.

Thank god for Tyron Smith.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The line needs 3 new interior players, and it could get by with Free at RT until we find an upgrade for that fake franchise LT.

Thank god for Tyron Smith.

Agreed but I think we could live with Kyle Kosier 1 more year if we upgraded at center and the other guard spot.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hopefully by some miracle this team figures out how to draft offensive lineman soon. I'd say they have another year or two until Romo's legs start to go, then we're really fucked.

Reaction score

He didn't even want Romo starting here. That was all on Parcells:

The source said Romo will be with the first-team offense when practice begins today.
But the move is one that makes Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones uneasy.

"I've thought the best chance for us to be where we wanted to be, contending in the
playoffs, was to go with the experienced quarterback in Drew, and I don't know if I've changed my mind there at all," Jones told reporters while he attended the NFL owners meetings in New Orleans on Tuesday afternoon.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He had nothing to do with "finding" either of them.

Although he did come out and predict that Miles Austin would be a legitimate replacement for TO before the season started in 2009. Of course it took 5 weeks or so for that breakout game, but ultimately he was right.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Homer Translation

Things that work = Jerry's brilliance
Things that didn't work = happens to all teams OR Jerry doesn't control that

Or the "real" translation:

Jones is an ego case that really has little or nothing to do with the day to day operations anymore. He isnt responsible for any of the good or bad player acquisitions.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Or the "real" translation:

Jones is an ego case that really has little or nothing to do with the day to day operations anymore. He isnt responsible for any of the good or bad player acquisitions.

Simply not true.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry's dumbass probably would have cut Austin if it weren't for Parcells reaching into his bag of NFL contacts.

What contacts were those? Parcells had nothing to do with finding either Austin or Romo. I believe it was John Garrett that was credited for finding Austin and Payton for Romo.

C

Cr122

Peter Konz will make us forget about these snaps from Costa. I like Kowalski, but Konz is the guy we need to draft.

We need to shore up the interior line. Maybe try Kowalski at one of the guard positions next year.

ThreeSportStar80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was told by some of the so called experts on another forum that shall forever remain nameless that Costa would be better than Gurode because he's "much more mobile"... Yeah OK:whistle

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Peter Konz will make us forget about these snaps from Costa. I like Kowalski, but Konz is the guy we need to draft.

We need to shore up the interior line. Maybe try Kowalski at one of the guard positions next year.

Konz would definitely be a nice add.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So I guess that wasn't him on the sidelines talking to the Head Coach during the game this past week. You're right.

OK, so if Jerry is the one pulling the trigger on all the players we add, I guess you'd have to turn around and then say as a GM he must be pretty good. There's alot of good players on this team.

Since I dont believe that for a second, thats why I have contended he is not all that involved in personnel moves here. He wants people outside to think he is, but the reality is we all know Jones is not a good football man. He couldnt possibly be "finding" and recommending players like Romo, Austin, Witten, Lee, Murray etc etc

The scouts, Ciskowski and the coaches have pretty much all the input, then Jerry nods his head and acts like he is doing something.

Top Bottom