cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It has to be of part of a teams strategy- how can you say otherwise? Most years you only have 7 picks at most, so some of these guys are critical additions. Its called "scouting"

Let me rephrase, it shouldn't be THE strategy.

Reaction score
I think the offense line is better against smaller defenses and horrible against bigger ones.

To be fair to Costa, you could probably produce a highlight video too. It’s not all bad.....ah fuck it, the dude is shit.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would agree, its been better. Still not good enough and still obvious we need to upgrade a couple of interior OL spots, but it is better overall.
Let's see the realists try to spin that.
I think the offense line is better against smaller defenses and horrible against bigger ones.
I would classify Philly as smaller and we were terrible against them both games. But imo we just match up terrible against them across the board. But I think overall you have to give it to this year's line over last years, which just couldn't move at all from the center to RT.

So we improved the line by cutting salary and old dead weight. The same thing the almighty Patriots do and get sucked off for.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Let's be honest: You could take Randy White's worst plays and make him look like a piece of shit too, but Costa appears to need more time in the weight room or something.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

You have to clear up the cap and create the ability to rebuild your team sometimes too.

That is what we did. Gurode, columbo, Davis ...off the team off the books. I imagine they have a plan for the line.

That did alot of cap cleanup this year setting us up to be able to add parts in march. Next year we will see more of this with newman, bradie, brooking and whatever else happens.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I dont think it has been. But its a part of every teams "strategy", as it should be. Just because a guy isnt drafted doesnt mean he isnt talented.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
bbgun logic = Costa is as good as Randy White.

:awkward

Yeah, that's what I said.
rolleyes.gif

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I really think Jerry was ready to do have this be a semi rebuild year and was willing to go cheap at the o-line to clean up the cap but the team has flashed potential and now it looks like a bad plan.

I would rather be in this position than have kept Gurode or paid another aging vet and still not be a true contending team.

This not to make an excuse for Jerry because this line should have been remade after the 2009 year.

Reaction score
The combo of romo being short, and an interior who gives too much ground holds back the offense.

The tackle switch will help, but we need more at g/c. Garrett will fix it, I am not guessing

Reaction score
So we improved the line by cutting salary and old dead weight. The same thing the almighty Patriots do and get sucked off for.

Brady is hiding a lot of New England's deficiencies this year. Belichick is supposed to be a defensive genius, but that D is just awful. They're down to scraps on the O line and the run game has not been stellar by any means.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why is this man starting for us? Why is Kowalski not given the job when he's clearly better? Why did we let Gurode go?

Soooo many questions come to mind when watching this disgrace of a football player..

I can understand letting Gurode go. During the offseason, Gurode put off surgery just long enough to where his recovery time would allow him to miss all of training camp. After coming off a 6-10 season, that showed a total lack of comittment to the team. So that beign the case I have no problem with them cutting Gurode loose. But why Kowalski is not starting... I'm with you. I'll be glad when Houck is gone.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
cmd said it best, we got rid of sucky, overpriced vets when we needed to, but messed up deciding who to replace them with.

Like I always say, you can't do things half-ass.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
cmd said it best, we got rid of sucky, overpriced vets when we needed to, but messed up deciding who to replace them with.

Like I always say, you can't do things half-ass.

But you don't know until the guy got his chance. We've hit on UFDA's. Costa earned himself a reputation albeit through practice, of being intelligent and being a scrapper. He's none of that. He's as dumb as Gurode, but weaker and cheaper.

Reaction score
I can understand letting Gurode go. During the offseason, Gurode put off surgery just long enough to where his recovery time would allow him to miss all of training camp. After coming off a 6-10 season, that showed a total lack of comittment to the team. So that beign the case I have no problem with them cutting Gurode loose. But why Kowalski is not starting... I'm with you. I'll be glad when Houck is gone.

I guess if we were trying to send a message then i can understand letting him go. What happened to that message sending during the season though? We've had guys playing like complete shit and we don't as much as pull them out for a few plays.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I guess if we were trying to send a message then i can understand letting him go. What happened to that message sending during the season though? We've had guys playing like complete shit and we don't as much as pull them out for a few plays.

And this is where Garrett the HC hass failed, because of trying to wear two hats: HC and OC. Not a good thing when this is your first year as an HC. I think Garrett could be an excellant HC, if and only if he would concentrate on being the HC, and allow someone else to be the OC. He needs to take heed to Jimmy Johnson, who recommended that Garrett hire an OC and concentrate on being the HC---that's the way Jimmy did it. And if you look at all the playoff teams and potential playoff teams, you will see this.

Reaction score
And this is where Garrett the HC hass failed, because of trying to wear two hats: HC and OC. Not a good thing when this is your first year as an HC. I think Garrett could be an excellant HC, if and only if he would concentrate on being the HC, and allow someone else to be the OC. He needs to take heed to Jimmy Johnson, who recommended that Garrett hire an OC and concentrate on being the HC---that's the way Jimmy did it. And if you look at all the playoff teams and potential playoff teams, you will see this.

Totally agree here.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score

Yeah, New Orleans Sean Peyton did so poorly as both and how bout that Green Bay Packers? Man they stink huh?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Do you think our line as a whole has played better or worse than last season?

I say better.

It's been better but only because Tyron has been better.

Without Tyron, the OL would be a complete disaster right now.

Costa is just fucking pathetic. But, he's one of Jerry's pets so he'll get all the opportunities any player could ever get.

Top Bottom