yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yim dont ever change.

UIz9lPh.jpg

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
LMAO. Yeah, Garrett is the only coach in America we can get.

And LMAO again at thinking Garrett is capable of being some hardass due to a propaganda TV show... even after he shows his ass on live national TV letting Hardy and Gregory get away with murder without even saying a word to them.

Garrett thinks dropping F bombs makes him a tough football guy

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

“We’re obviously searching for some things that will help us,” Linehan said. “I think we’ve got some good stuff in this week. Maybe just a few more wrinkles to it.

“I think we need that.”

Linehan said he and the players remain confident, but he does concede that everyone starts “to press” when things aren’t going well.

“I think our guys just need to basically take the weight of the world off their shoulders and go out and play,” Linehan said. “Just start slinging it around. They’re ready to do that.”​

wow linehan shut the fuck up

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
If thats all it took, I'd be a hall of famer

Ha Ha

Tom Landry was a tough guy and didnt need to drop any F bombs. Toughness with grace and class. Coach Landry was everything that the Red Fraud isnt and will never be.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ha Ha

Tom Landry was a tough guy and didnt need to drop any F bombs. Toughness with grace and class. Coach Landry was everything that the Red Fraud isnt and will never be.

Lets side aside the fact that Landry took over an expansion franchise, if you go back and look at Landry's record over his first 9 years you will see that the team improved virtually every year with the exception of 1965 where I believe Dandy Don got hurt. In that time the team played in two NFC Championship games, basically you saw incremental progress every year. Landry just based on performance had credibility on the locker room, something red will never have.

Reaction score
Ha Ha

I've read accounts from more than one former player of Landry that he was as mean and nasty as he had to be during closed door meetings where the public and media could not gain access.

Tom Landry was an alpha male. That profile includes the ability to go from nice Christian man to Sgt. Hartmann in an instant when necessary.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He got in the game and promptly got a false start, then during a TO you could see literally 3 people trying to explain to him where to line up.

Dude absolutely shouldn't be on the team, but the drunken Jones boys demanded that he be there.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I've read accounts from more than one former player of Landry that he was as mean and nasty as he had to be during closed door meetings where the public and media could not gain access.

Tom Landry was an alpha male. That profile includes the ability to go from nice Christian man to Sgt. Hartmann in an instant when necessary.

Players said they felt so bad going over game tape, feeling like they had let him down and it motivated them to do better. Landry's toughness was in accountability and his knowledge of everything about the game.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
anybody worried about the defense w/o sean lee out 2-4 weeks again ??

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
~meh~

if it accelerates the losing and increases the margin of loss, I'm all for it

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
anybody worried about the defense w/o sean lee out 2-4 weeks again ??

Not really. LVE has looked more than capable the past two games.

The offense is why we will lose games, not the defense.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not really. LVE has looked more than capable the past two games.

The offense is why we will lose games, not the defense.

Not sold on LVE yet. He's a good sideline to sideline player but watch how many tackles he makes past the line of scrimmage. But he's always around the ball and he's young so hopefully he develops into something special.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LVE is for real, I think.

Problem for now is, he doesn't have Lee's experience and smarts, and opposing coaches will pick up his weaknesses over the next few weeks.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The Lions are simply a better team than the Cowboys. Not in all departments, but most. And certainly the ones that matter most (QB and coaching). The only way the Cowboys win this is if Stafford throws them a gift wrapped interception or three.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Lions are simply a better team than the Cowboys. Not in all departments, but most. And certainly the ones that matter most (QB and coaching). The only way the Cowboys win this is if Stafford throws them a gift wrapped interception or three.

Considering our problems getting ints, that seems unlikely.

Last one we had was in week 17 last yr against Nick Folk

Top Bottom