Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's still weird to me that high schools like Carroll and HP have indoor practice facilities and the Dallas Cowboys don't.
They're addressing that with their new headquarters.

But yeah. High School Football IS the main church, in Texas. Especially in the Metroplex.

Reaction score
Anthony Hitchins gonna give his ankle a try tomorrow. Says its feeling better.

#Sources #Twitter

Reaction score
Nick Fairley sounds optimistic that he can play Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 2, 2015, 7:06 AM EST

Lions coach Jim Caldwell said this week that it would take a “miracle” for defensive tackle Nick Fairley to return from his knee injury and play on Sunday. Fairley sounds a lot more optimistic than that.

After taking to the practice field for the first time since suffering his Week Eight knee injury, Fairley said he’s encouraged by his progress.

“I feel real comfortable. At the end of the day it felt good. I didn’t feel I had a minor setback or none of that, it felt pretty good,’’ Fairley said.

Fairley said he has some rust but thinks practice time will get rid of the rust.

“I think if I’m able to get out [Friday] and do some practice, I’ll knock it off there,’’ Fairley said.

Fairley’s cardiovascular conditioning is a question mark, but he says he’s actually lost weight during his layoff by watching what he eats. Detroit defensive coordinator Teryl Austin said the Lions might make Fairley active even if he can only play five or seven plays, just because Fairley is such a difference-maker that he’d likely do something big in one of those five or seven plays. So it’s sounding more and more like Fairley could be out there against the Cowboys.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Stafford has never won a road game against a team that finished the regular season with a winning record.

Which means the Lions WILL win. Opposing teams seems to have a habit of breaking certain streaks when they face the Cowboys.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Man, I'm nervous about this game. I think the pain of losing would be worse than the joy of winning. It will be a miserable off season if we have to hear how they were bounced in round 1 and Romo can't win a big game, etc, etc

This organization has turned me into a scared little bitch

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Man, I'm nervous about this game. I think the pain of losing would be worse than the joy of winning. It will be a miserable off season if we have to hear how they were bounced in round 1 and Romo can't win a big game, etc, etc

This organization has turned me into a scared little bitch

You aren't alone. I may actually have nervous shits before gameday even gets here. First time ever in an NFL game.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You aren't alone. I may actually have nervous shits before gameday even gets here. First time ever in an NFL game.

I'm messed up, I think I understand why Parcels quit coaching, I was always emotional but never this bad when I was younger. I guess being weened on Staubach and Landry always gave me hope vs some of the brutal losses we've had to endure in recent years.

I watched the skins game because there wasn't a huge downside in losing but I think I'm going to have to go back to DVRing the game, avoiding forums and the news and then deciding whether to watch later. The damn games are just so nerve racking, even if they manage to get a huge lead again, Detroit is the team that has come back twice on them. I hope the players are still mad as hell about those losses and it drives them in preparation and throughout the game.

Its funny when you don't watch the game live and avoid all news, you can tell who won immediately by simply popping into CZ or here.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I'm messed up, I think I understand why Parcels quit coaching, I was always emotional but never this bad when I was younger. I guess being weened on Staubach and Landry always gave me hope vs some of the brutal losses we've had to endure in recent years.

I watched the skins game because there wasn't a huge downside in losing but I think I'm going to have to go back to DVRing the game, avoiding forums and the news and then deciding whether to watch later. The damn games are just so nerve racking, even if they manage to get a huge lead again, Detroit is the team that has come back twice on them. I hope the players are still mad as hell about those losses and it drives them in preparation and throughout the game.

Its funny when you don't watch the game live and avoid all news, you can tell who won immediately by simply popping into CZ or here.

Nothing short of death itself could me away from watching this game live. As nervous as I am, I am just as excited. I hope we come out early and step on their throats like we did Indy, and Seattle before them. I think we come out swinging, just hope we don't have injuries or turnovers kill our momentum early in the game. If we stay healthy and TO-free, I think we win by 10+.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Holy crap, Carr is now quoted as blaming the coaches defensive gameplan for Megatron's 329 yard game last year against us. Holy fuck, man, of all people it shouldn't be that bullfighter criticizing anyone.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Holy crap, Carr is now quoted as blaming the coaches defensive gameplan for Megatron's 329 yard game last year against us. Holy fuck, man, of all people it shouldn't be that bullfighter driticizing anyone.

yuck, seems like there has been an abnormal amount of chatter from our players this week

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nothing short of death itself could me away from watching this game live. As nervous as I am, I am just as excited. I hope we come out early and step on their throats like we did Indy, and Seattle before them. I think we come out swinging, just hope we don't have injuries or turnovers kill our momentum early in the game. If we stay healthy and TO-free, I think we win by 10+.

hope you're right, the NFL is so wacky these days, I could never begin to predict what will happen

Reaction score
yuck, seems like there has been an abnormal amount of chatter from our players this week
I felt the same way before the 2nd Philly game... too much talk. They came out and backed it up, but I'm still not confident in them as a front runner. I feel way more comfortable with this team as a quiet underdog.

But maybe this is the next step in becoming a true force in the NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
mikerothstein Michael Rothstein
Nick Fairley DOUBTFUL for Sunday vs. #Cowboys. Larry Warford OUT for #Lions.
23 minutes ago

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Hitchens (ankle) and T. Crawford (flu) are questionable and Free is listed as doubtful.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Holy crap, Carr is now quoted as blaming the coaches defensive gameplan for Megatron's 329 yard game last year against us. Holy fuck, man, of all people it shouldn't be that bullfighter criticizing anyone.

To be fair, we ran that stupid zone with our corners a lot that year. But Carr sucks in man too so it doesn't really matter what he's saying.

Top Bottom