bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
oops. fixed.

the closer you look, the less impressive that season was

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Only three of the Boys’ 13 victories last year came versus teams that made the playoffs, and two of those teams (Detroit & Washington)) immediately lost in the first round.

This also applies to the Giants, Packers. The Falcons only beat two teams that made the playoffs. So not sure as to what you are getting at. Say what you want, but those 13 wins with a 4th round rookie QB, and rookie RB, AND... with or rather in spite of Garrett as the HC, that's impressive.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
oops. fixed.

the closer you look, the less impressive that season was

BULLSHIT. Coming off a 4-12 season prior due to Romo's injury and Garrett's incompetence, then Romo getting injured AGAIN in preseason, then to have a 4th round rookie in Dak come in and do what he did... how the fuck can you say the season was "less impressive"? GTFOH.

A closer look also requires proper context.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
This also applies to the Giants, Packers. The Falcons only beat two teams that made the playoffs. So not sure as to what you are getting at. Say what you want, but those 13 wins with a 4th round rookie QB, and rookie RB, AND... with or rather in spite of Garrett as the HC, that's impressive.

Just that their 13-3 season was less dominant than meets the eye. RB is an instinctive position, and Zeke was running behind a formidable O-line, so the fact that he was a rookie doesn't really impress me. I'll concede Prescott, though.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
BULLSHIT. Coming off a 4-12 season prior due to Romo's injury and Garrett's incompetence, then Romo getting injured AGAIN in preseason, then to have a 4th round rookie in Dak come in and do what he did... how the fuck can you say the season was "less impressive"? GTFOH.

A closer look also requires proper context.

and it all came crashing down when they ran into a real team. you can't squander HFA in the playoffs and adopt a "glass half full" mindset. that's loser talk.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
and it all came crashing down when they ran into a real team. you can't squander HFA in the playoffs and adopt a "glass half full" mindset. that's loser talk.

That same real team that they beat on the road earlier in the season. And we know why they lost: for the very same reason why they will continue to lose.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
BULLSHIT. Coming off a 4-12 season prior due to Romo's injury and Garrett's incompetence, then Romo getting injured AGAIN in preseason, then to have a 4th round rookie in Dak come in and do what he did... how the fuck can you say the season was "less impressive"?
Sounds like all the prerequisites for a fluke season to me.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
and it all came crashing down when they ran into a real team.

[video=youtube;McAeQiLmEYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU[/video]

The Packers were not/are not a real team. They were a fall pumpkin that kept from going bad because of OBJ's boat trip and Rodgers going Pat Mahomes on our defense. They went up against a real team in the Falcons and got OBLITERATED, so IMO what you're saying isn't accurate.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I honestly think the bye week and the final game against the Eagles really hurt them. Post Aikman this team has never been good when they're the front runners. I would have preferred if they had gone in the postseason as the Wild Card and had something to play for that last game. Although I would have wanted them to win that last game. I want to see them earn it. Win an important game that you're not supposed to win. That's the one thing a lot of people have had with Romo, he could never do that. Hopefully Dak can (hopefully Red doesn't fuck it up like he did for Romo).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's the one thing a lot of people have had with Romo, he could never do that. Hopefully Dak can (hopefully Red doesn't fuck it up like he did for Romo).
Let's not victimize Romo. Romo fucked Romo. Had help from Jerry and Ginger but most of it was just, him. One look at Dak any time on the sidelines, without Tony's backwards hat and fucking yuk-yuk just having a good ole time should tell you that. Tony was NEVER serious about football. Not anywhere near the level of seriousness a Dak or a Aikman or a Staubach brings.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Let's not victimize Romo. Romo fucked Romo. Had help from Jerry and Ginger but most of it was just, him. One look at Dak any time on the sidelines, without Tony's backwards hat and fucking yuk-yuk just having a good ole time should tell you that. Tony was NEVER serious about football. Not anywhere near the level of seriousness a Dak or a Aikman or a Staubach brings.

Early in his career I would agree 100%. He shit the bed on more than one occasion early in his career (going to Cabo is an example). Late in career though he started to protect the ball a lot more and he didnt have the same team around him. His OL was shit and Red was too busy clapping to know what the hell was going on. Then the injuries caught up with him, again because not OL.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Early in his career I would agree 100%. He shit the bed on more than one occasion early in his career (going to Cabo is an example). Late in career though he started to protect the ball a lot more and he didnt have the same team around him. His OL was shit and Red was too busy clapping to know what the hell was going on. Then the injuries caught up with him, again because not OL.
He never took it seriously, not nearly to the level Dak does. Period, early or late. He is as much if not more to blame for what happened as Red or Jerry are. The Romo excuse bandwagon simply has no leg to stand on.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
CB Joe Haden cut from Browns. Cowboys among teams interested. An immediate upgrade to the secondary, but price may be too steep.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
CB Joe Haden cut from Browns. Cowboys among teams interested. An immediate upgrade to the secondary, but price may be too steep.
I say pull the trigger. He is young enough we might get 3-4 good years out of him. Might definitely respond to a culture change coming from Cleveland, where even the Edmund Fitzgerald sunk rather than have to go there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I say pull the trigger. He is young enough we might get 3-4 good years out of him. Might definitely respond to a culture change coming from Cleveland, where even the Edmund Fitzgerald sunk rather than have to go there.

He got huge dollars to go to Pittsburgh, way more than I thought he'd get.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Maybe if you knew he were 100% he's a definite upgrade, but he's been pretty bad the past couple seasons.

Top Bottom