Reaction score
I think betting both options is lame. You are going to win every time...and win big every time. I dont see the challenge or fun in that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think betting both options is lame. You are going to win every time...and win big every time. I dont see the challenge or fun in that.
Ok no more allowing multiple bets.

I'd assumed everyone would hedge, and would want to hedge. Few actually have.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ok no more allowing multiple bets.

I'd assumed everyone would hedge, and would want to hedge. Few actually have.

Bull. Because you dolts lost all your vCash on some poor decisions should have no bearing on how others bet with earnings from the correct ones (decision). The whole idea should be kind of like a suicide bet where the last man standing with the most vCash wins. In other words, if I see a guy with more cash than me, then I may have to bet accordingly and take a larger risk. Otherwise, what fun is it?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Bull. Because you dolts lost all your vCash on some poor decisions should have no bearing on how others bet with earnings from the correct ones (decision).
I didn't lose any vCash. I removed over 100,000 worth that I had. But I assume you're not including me as a "dolt" for this.
The whole idea should be kind of like a suicide bet where the last man standing with the most vCash wins. In other words, if I see a guy with more cash than me, then I may have to bet accordingly and take a larger risk. Otherwise, what fun is it?
That was the whole idea. Allowing multiple bets on the events added the ability to hedge, limit losses, or take big risks to come up big.

The point others are making is valid too though. Forcing people to bet on only one outcome takes out all the hedging and risk limiting. What that will do though, is people won't bet all their vCash, will hold some in reserve for next week..

You don't have to do that people, everyone with zero vCash gets 500 added to them each time a new event is posted.

I've changed my mind, I will continue the events for Dallas games as I have been, allowing multiple bets. What you do with your betting is up to you. It is not "lame" to spread your betting around to hedge and limit risk. It's kind of dumb to load all your vCash on one outcome, actually. There's no "honor" in the all or nothing approach.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We aren't smart enough to hedge. We're just ignorant cabalers.

Maybe we need some Wagering 101 posts to bring us up to speed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you're gonna put all your eggs in one basket, don't lament when the basket gets toppled and all your eggs are gone. :smile1

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't lose any vCash. I removed over 100,000 worth that I had. But I assume you're not including me as a "dolt" for this.

You were actually the one I was referring to in terms of a guy that had more cash than me and I had to make smarter bets to catch up to. Now, since you're changing the rules, I may put you in dolt category. I have to sleep on it.

That was the whole idea. Allowing multiple bets on the events added the ability to hedge, limit losses, or take big risks to come up big.

The point others are making is valid too though. Forcing people to bet on only one outcome takes out all the hedging and risk limiting. What that will do though, is people won't bet all their vCash, will hold some in reserve for next week..

You don't have to do that people, everyone with zero vCash gets 500 added to them each time a new event is posted.

Their point is not valid. At some point early on, folks had to take a risk and bet most, if not all of their vCash, on one outcome to amass their winnings. That's a valid (early) strategy. So is hedging your bets when you've earned some vCash and taking advantage of the odds. In addition, once you've amassed some vCash, why would anyone bet it all even if you'll credit them another 500? Makes no strategic sense.

At the end of the day, even if folks lost everything trying to catch up with an early high risk/high reward bet, you credited them with another 500 to give them another shot. That's fair.

I've changed my mind, I will continue the events for Dallas games as I have been, allowing multiple bets. What you do with your betting is up to you. It is not "lame" to spread your betting around to hedge and limit risk. It's kind of dumb to load all your vCash on one outcome, actually. There's no "honor" in the all or nothing approach.

I've slept on it Dooms.....you're not a dolt. Now, Everlastingxxx and cmd34, they're dolts.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Their point is not valid. At some point early on, folks had to take a risk and bet most, if not all of their vCash, on one outcome to amass their winnings.
With vBookie being new to most folks here, it's fair to say they didn't realize all this. They DO make a valid point, in that hedging and ensuring low risk by betting all outcomes does build wealth. It's not in any way unfair, however.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They DO make a valid point, in that hedging and ensuring low risk by betting all outcomes does build wealth. It's not in any way unfair, however.

LOL!!! Isn't that the whole point? To build wealth? If not, then why have it? Just do a suicide pool and pick games until the last man is standing.

But I hear what you're saying. I was lucky and hit on some good odds but I also never knew that you'd replenish my vCash if I lost it all so I played it kind of safe when making my first bet. It's all for fun and maybe a bit of bragging rights which is what I assumed when you offered it. Hey, I don't win at anything in my old age and I'm too emotional when I gamble with real money so it's all good with whatever way you want to go.

Reaction score
With vBookie being new to most folks here, it's fair to say they didn't realize all this. They DO make a valid point, in that hedging and ensuring low risk by betting all outcomes does build wealth. It's not in any way unfair, however.

What you guys are doing is just betting on both sides on every game and making a killing no matter the outcome. Just seems like a lame game. No risk of losing. I havent taken it serious, hence why i keep betting against the Cowboys every week.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What you guys are doing is just betting on both sides on every game and making a killing no matter the outcome. Just seems like a lame game. No risk of losing. I havent taken it serious, hence why i keep betting against the Cowboys every week.
Nobody's taking it "serious" but it IS a competition of sorts, otherwise we wouldn't be keeping score.

Only the truly "serious" ones would complain, and call the winners "lame." ~ahem~

Looking at the results, you're not doing too badly.

Top Bottom