Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seeing that the Skins OL is beat up, I'm taking the Cowboys. Taco breaks out and gets 2 sacks giving us all hope for the future.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dan Bailey out for up to four weeks

That’s going to hurt us

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

That’s going to hurt us

Might make us less likely to play for the FG. Might make some of our kickoffs returnable and we get fumbles, like what happened last week.

Relax.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Might make us less likely to play for the FG. Might make some of our kickoffs returnable and we get fumbles, like what happened last week.

Relax.

We lose the most accurate kicker in NFL history and hire a scrub who can not keep a job

Nothing to see here, move along, no big deal

It’s not like our offense is firing on all cylinders and can score touchdowns at will.

The missed field goals/extra points that the scrub will undoubtedly miss will come back to bite us and likely cost us a game.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We lose the most accurate kicker in NFL history and hire a scrub who can not keep a job

Nothing to see here, move along, no big deal

It’s not like our offense is firing on all cylinders and can score touchdowns at will.

The missed field goals/extra points that the scrub will undoubtedly miss will come back to bite us and likely cost us a game.
So we finish 7-9 instead of 8-8. Move up the draft order. Happy days.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We hung a fortyburger on SF without our all-star kicker. Scrub kicker Heath was kicking returnable balls, one of which they fumbled, leading to a TD for us.
Especially when the HC has the all-star kicker, and plays for the FG instead of the TD?

Relax.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Relax.

That was my thinking as well, maybe it'll get Garrett out of his conservative box and stop putting on the breaks when the O hits the 35 yard line

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
maveric 5-1
icup 5-1
scot 4-2
bbgun 4-2
sixisbetter 4-2
dodger 4-2
Bluenose 4-1
englishcowboy 3-3
thezonesucks 3-3
cmd34 3-3
yimmeryammer 3-3
thoughtexperiment 3-2
doomsday 2-4
theoneandonly 2-4
Lazarus 2-2
eagle_9r_sknh8r 2-1
spiderfan_mj 2-1
mr B 1-4
dbair1967 1-1
omegasupreme 1-1
nomoredj 0-1
Joe King 0-1
Dust devil 0-1
seandude 0-1

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

That’s going to hurt us
It might because he's amazing, but at least several other good teams have lost their kickers this year, and the replacements have done well so far -- KC, Philly, even the Skins.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It might because he's amazing, but at least several other good teams have lost their kickers this year, and the replacements have done well so far -- KC, Philly, even the Skins.

Yeah what I was really trying to say before is, we have a lot bigger and much worse problems than lack of Bailey.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

My point exactly

Other teams have already snatched up the mediocre to average replacement kickers this season

We are getting to choose from the last of the worst from the kickers that have already been picked over by the rest of the league

Essentially the guys who couldn’t make any other team

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well I guess that's another way to look at it. I was thinking more that maybe kickers have gotten so much better lately that you really can get decent to good ones off the street.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah what I was really trying to say before is, we have a lot bigger and much worse problems than lack of Bailey.

IIRC doesn’t Bailey score more points than any other player on the Cowboys each year?

That makes him pretty damn valuable! Considering our lack of red zone touchdowns our kicker (whoever he may be) becomes extremely important in Garrett’s dickless offense

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
IIRC doesn’t Bailey score more points than any other player on the Cowboys each year?

That makes him pretty damn valuable! Considering our lack of red zone touchdowns our kicker (whoever he may be) becomes extremely important in Garrett’s dickless offense

I guess you don't see the latter might be most of the reason for the former. Kicker as a crutch, so to speak, makes the O more timid once inside the opponent 35. Trickles down to the whole team, what Ginger calls "risk averse" is a fucking disease, a cancer.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Redskins

we're a little too fat and happy after Frisco, and the kicking situation will come back to bite us

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I guess you don't see the latter might be most of the reason for the former. Kicker as a crutch, so to speak, makes the O more timid once inside the opponent 35. Trickles down to the whole team, what Ginger calls "risk averse" is a fucking disease, a cancer.

I totally agree it’s a cancer

But it is still how Ginger calls a game. Cause and effect is irrelevant in this case because he’s still going to call a shitty game in the red zone and we will still need a kicker to score us some points

We don’t need a good kicker in spite our coaching. We need a good kicker because of our coaching

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But it is still how Ginger calls a game. Cause and effect is irrelevant in this case because he’s still going to call a shitty game in the red zone and we will still need a kicker to score us some points
Like we did last week? Far more aggressive in the plus area, far more points resulted.
That's true of most all teams kickers though.

Overall point is, the loss of Bailey isn't anything to shit little pink pebbles about.

Top Bottom