Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The end of Romo as a Cowboy is coming. It's just a matter of when and how at this point.
An injury could end it all in his first game back.
and if that happens, even I will be ready to move on.
One more tempt of fate injury is necessary? It's my most fervent hope that forced retirement does not come after his incredible run of injury luck finally runs out, and he ends up a cripple at age 30-whatever. Or at all. This to me is what he should consider most, quality of life after football. He is screwing around with future mobility and the future happiness of his wife and kids, tempting fate with a known spinal injury. He needs to just exercise the better part of valor, play the bench the rest of this season, then hang up the cleats with honor next offseason. Pretty much what Brett Favre was saying about Romo recently too.

Reaction score
Linehan calls plays that work, Garrett calls plays that don't. Omega has an axe to grind and can't admit that Garrett has the team playing well.

Okay okay. Where I get Jason inserting his own play changes into the offense comes from Jerry Jones who likened Jason to a master chef who adds different flavors or even changes the dish before it leaves the kitchen. Linehan also said that Jason is informed of what Linehan is calling for Dak. That's different from what Linehan said about how little Linehan actually coaches Tony.

It's not an axe to grind. I'm just reviewing how things are apportioned and who is doing what.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One more tempt of fate injury is necessary? It's my most fervent hope that forced retirement does not come after his incredible run of injury luck finally runs out, and he ends up a cripple at age 30-whatever. Or at all. This to me is what he should consider most, quality of life after football. He is screwing around with future mobility and the future happiness of his wife and kids, tempting fate with a known spinal injury. He needs to just exercise the better part of valor, play the bench the rest of this season, then hang up the cleats with honor next offseason. Pretty much what Brett Favre was saying about Romo recently too.

remember Dooms, I HATE ROMO is a quicker type and read.

We get it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The last thing I want to see is a gimpy Romo wheeling himself around the stadium on game day for the next 20 years because he wanted one last shot at a Super Bowl, who played one game too many and broke his back a third and final time that caused him to never be able to walk again

Or to have to watch him get carted off the field like Aikman after taking 3 concussions too many

I don't want to see him become the next Mohamed Ali because he stayed in the game too long

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not necessarily true. An injury could end it all in his first game back.

Which according to his recent history (3 broken bones in his last 4 games) is a likely outcome

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
remember Dooms, I HATE ROMO is a quicker type and read.

We get it.
You DON'T get it, because you're not reading.

You're saying it will take one more injury for you to be officially "through with Romo" and I am saying, Why? Why let him get hurt again to make the change, especially for the types of injuries he's had?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't say I'd be through with him, only that I understand that its officially time to move on. If he is healthy, he represents our best chance at winning.

The difference between your and my take is that you feel that "if" is a foregone conclusion.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I didn't say I'd be through with him, only that I understand that its officially time to move on. If he is healthy, he represents our best chance at winning.
So, he need only get hurt again for you to be ready to move on. The stellar play of his young and healthy replacement notwithstanding.

The difference between your and my take is that you feel that "if" is a foregone conclusion.
I don't "feel" that, I believe that intellectually - especially after seeing his last play, where he could not run, and was crushed, mid-slide. The dude cannot run anymore, cannot avoid the beasts like he once could, and is going to get hurt again. It's not a feeling, it is logic.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Packers

friday_gif_collection_39.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

Bledsoe said the same. Said there's a lot of life after football.

Why risk the quality of life over the next 50 years of your life just for one more shot.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Logic over homer,
Here's my logic:

And my pick is again, DALLAS. Green Bay's secondary is suspect and can be exploited by Dak. Dallas' running game is bruising and dominant and has quick-strike capability. Say what you want about our defense, but it somehow pretty much bottled up one of the better offenses in the game vs. Cincy. We won't bottle up Rodgers and Nelson, but I think we can win a shootout Orrrrr win a ugly low scoring, snot-slinger game if it comes to that.

Dallas 35
Green Bay 34

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here's my logic:

I want you to be right. If they pull it off there wont be any turning back to Romo. I just like the way the team plays efficient, ball control, error free, carve up the middle of the field offense with Dak at QB. Reminds me of NE. I'd rather win boring than lose exciting just like NE.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I want you to be right. If they pull it off there wont be any turning back to Romo. I just like the way the team plays efficient, ball control, error free, carve up the middle of the field offense with Dak at QB. Reminds me of NE. I'd rather win boring than lose exciting just like NE.
I like our chances, even in Lambeau. But it's not homer, it's logic. And yeah the 90s Cowboys weren't afraid to win ugly. The good teams do that.

Reaction score
If Dallas manufactures first downs with varied running plays and quick passes like in preseason and 3/4s of the Bengal game then Dallas can control the game. Going score for score in that scenario gives Dallas a good chance.

It's if Linehan is not calling plays and Dak is standing in the pocket waiting for TWilly to get open, that Dallas will be in big trouble. Garrett had no trouble putting Romo at risk on a regular basis, I'm sure Dak is going to get put in the empty set Two-minute offense as well.

As long as Garrett is coach, Capers will have his way with this offense.

Packers in a sobering game.

Top Bottom