Reaction score
When it was 28-0 against the Bengals and Dallas just crossed the 50, I would have said Dallas against Green Bay. But then they went into an offense that was going to stop the clock and put a Dak at risk - it was an offense that we have seen too many times before. It was an offense that Dom Capers said, "they just kept running the same play so we kept blitzing the same way" (and then Wade Phiilips was fired after losing 45-7 because apparently 7 points was acceptable and 45 was not).

But after seeing the re-emergence of that offense unnecessarily during a time of the Bengal game where they just needed to run the clock AND also thinking that Garrett's time as destroyer of Dallas's game management and anemic point totals was over.

But alas, not. If there were no Garrett involved in the offense, then I would see Linehan putting Zeke and Morris behind Dak in the Pistol and forcing the OLB rush to pause and contain the screen passes, sweeps and especially swing passes. But all bets are off after the Crimson Cranium "liked what we had in our matchups".

Green Bay in a sobering rout.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When it was 28-0 against the Bengals and Dallas just crossed the 50, I would have said Dallas against Green Bay. But then they went into an offense that was going to stop the clock and put a Dak at risk - it was an offense that we have seen too many times before. It was an offense that Dom Capers said, "they just kept running the same play so we kept blitzing the same way" (and then Wade Phiilips was fired after losing 45-7 because apparently 7 points was acceptable and 45 was not).

But after seeing the re-emergence of that offense unnecessarily during a time of the Bengal game where they just needed to run the clock AND also thinking that Garrett's time as destroyer of Dallas's game management and anemic point totals was over.

But alas, not. If there were no Garrett involved in the offense, then I would see Linehan putting Zeke and Morris behind Dak in the Pistol and forcing the OLB rush to pause and contain the screen passes, sweeps and especially swing passes. But all bets are off after the Crimson Cranium "liked what we had in our matchups".

Green Bay in a sobering rout.

Omega always leaves me depressed..........wish I knew enough to see what you see. I'm still confused/confounded at your claim that Linehan is running his offense and then Garrett all of sudden horns in and takes over, incredibly mind bending if accurate

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Packers

Once again we go to Lambeau with a backup QB, but we're better equipped to win this time around. That said, it's very hard to win there and the Packer defense is no joke.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Again, I want to pick with my heart, but I just think GB and Rodgers are due for a big game this season.

Packers

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I said I'd give this team more credit when they beat a better defense, and I'm holding to that after the Cincy game.

But in all honesty, I think the Bengals had one of those games where they just didn't show up. It happens in this league.

Unless people really think their defense is worse than the Giants or Niners or Skins. I know I don't.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Omega always leaves me depressed..........wish I knew enough to see what you see. I'm still confused/confounded at your claim that Linehan is running his offense and then Garrett all of sudden horns in and takes over, incredibly mind bending if accurate
Linehan calls plays that work, Garrett calls plays that don't. Omega has an axe to grind and can't admit that Garrett has the team playing well.

Reaction score
I said I'd give this team more credit when they beat a better defense, and I'm holding to that after the Cincy game.

But in all honesty, I think the Bengals had one of those games where they just didn't show up. It happens in this league.

Unless people really think their defense is worse than the Giants or Niners or Skins. I know I don't.

Dak and Zeke are rookies. They've shown significant progress on a game to game basis. I think the Dallas O that played the Bengals was much better than the Dallas O that played the Giants. The Bengals D could be much better than the Ds of the Giants, Niners or Skins ... but had the misfortune of playing a Dallas O that had become dominant.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Garrett has the team playing well.
No. The team is playing well in spite of Garrett, not because of. There's nothing he is doing that is feeding the new blood, the new chemistry, the new culture. That's all come from the new on-field leadership from two offensive rookies.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Linehan calls plays that work, Garrett calls plays that don't.
Do you watch the games or just read the Own on Sundays? Garrett isn't calling any plays anymore.

It's still a combination of his offense and Linehan's, though, and the evidence suggests it's become more Linehan's. That is what Omega is saying, IMO anyway.

BTW, Linehan gave an interesting answer in the vid Omega posted when a reporter asked if he needs Jason's permission or approval in what he calls, and Scott gave a very, let's say, diplomatic answer. Which was basically no.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cowboys
we run for at least 180 yards. Zeke 120 plus and AM for 60

Defense makes a stand when it matters. Our o line man handles GB D line

Dak proves he's the field general that he appears to be

And.....
Romo? Fuck that guy! He never sees the field again as a cowboy

Top Bottom