cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Everything is telling me Eagles in a route....

..so Cowboys in a close one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hope we win, but definitely not expecting it considering how we played vs NYG and all the guys we lost.

Losing Dez is really bad for us, but losing Gregory when he was the only DE consistently beating his guy is even worse. Don't see us getting much pass rush till Hardy gets out there vs NE. Not good news with Philly this week, Atlanta next week and then Brees and New Orleans the week after that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Eagles break tendency and try to feature run-heavy with "Murray's revenge." It appears to work for awhile with Murray running wild, but then Murray coughs up the ball a couple of times for us instead and we're able to keep it close, and pull it out at the end.

Dallas 27
Philadelphia 19

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Everything is telling me Eagles in a route....

..so Cowboys in a close one.
Heh, this is kind of what I was thinking, too.

Hey, they are coming off a short week from a tough, close game. That's a little help.

Reaction score
I want to say Cowboys but I'm not sure. I'll weigh in later in the week.

Don't like our injuries and don't like it being in Philly.

Cdgreer

Cheerleader
Reaction score
What defense will step up will determine the winner. If Dallas has the consistent stops on first and second down I don't think the Iggles will win. The Eagles defense is porous and the DC should be able to run their offense. Hopefully the DC defense will not allow scores too quickly.

Reaction score
It’s such a huge game this early in the season. All the pressure is on the Eagles. They are at risk of going 0-2 and falling 2 games behind the Cowboys in the division.

I think Williams will have success against Maxwell. He was torched all night by Julio. I am concerned about Cox, he goes against the spot Leary plays at. Not sure if Collins is ready for a dominate player like that.

Murray doesn’t scare me. I think with Lee’s speed he will keep him in check. I wasn’t impressed with the Eagles wide receivers. I think we match up well against them. Last year the Cowboys got pressure on the Eagles with the same cast of characters.

I see a close game that will come down to the wire. I think the Cowboys pull another one out of their ass. 21-20

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s such a huge game this early in the season. All the pressure is on the Eagles. They are at risk of going 0-2 and falling 2 games behind the Cowboys in the division.

I think Williams will have success against Maxwell. He was torched all night by Julio. I am concerned about Cox, he goes against the spot Leary plays at. Not sure if Collins is ready for a dominate player like that.

Murray doesn’t scare me. I think with Lee’s speed he will keep him in check. I wasn’t impressed with the Eagles wide receivers. I think we match up well against them. Last year the Cowboys got pressure on the Eagles with the same cast of characters.

I see a close game that will come down to the wire. I think the Cowboys pull another one out of their ass. 21-20

The only ones that concern me on the Eagles' offense are Matthews and Sproles. Matthews is the real deal. With that said, part of me thinks that we may over focus on Matthews and Sproles, and the TEs and other no-name WRs would have a big day.

I think the same formula we employed against the Giants would work against the Eagles, except the Eagles have a better pass rush than the Giants, and the Eagles LBs are better, however their secondary is about equal to the Giants.

This would be the perfect game to introduce Christine Michael, maybe in the second half.

I expect the Eagles to come out the gate fast and get the Cowboys on their heels. Cowboys need to maintain their composure and not try to get in a shootout. The thing about the Eagles... in the first game last year against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day, they put it all into that game, and had nothing left for the following games and missed the playoffs. I can see that scenario here although it would be much earlier.

Cowboys play better on the road. I like their chances at the Linc than at AT&T.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Can we really have as many turnovers again. I think Dallas wins this game and Im probably the most pessimistic fan there is

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Should we just predict wins every week
Of course. Any decent fan does that even with a gun to his head.

I'm not totally ready to pick us. The Eagles losing a close game on the road to what looks like maybe a pretty good team is no crime. And we barely beat what will probably be a mediocre team at best at home. I feel like we're going to win any time the game is close at the end, but make no mistake, the Eagles in all likelihood are going to be a much better team than the Giants.

Top Bottom