Reaction score
I bet the house on the Jags, but i think the Cowboys win in a blow out. It wont be easy at first but if these Cowboys are the same ones that got us excited in the first 7 games, they win and win big. Dez explodes after two shit games.

BTW, my respects to those that bet only one side.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man.... I just, don't think it would be a huge surprise to very many people if Dallas lost.

On paper, no way they lose right?

But they actually play the games unfortunately.

I agree Dooms. It wouldn't surprise me in the least either. I don;t know how Weeden can turn this thing around and there's talk of Romo playing which would be a huge mistake but we're almost forced into starting him. Murray may get 35 plus carries and Opie will just close his eyes and hope for the best.

This team is a hot mess right now and they completely misjudged the (back-up) QB position to boot. If we lose to the Jags, this season can tank in real hurry.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bet the house on the Jags, but i think the Cowboys win in a blow out. It wont be easy at first but if these Cowboys are the same ones that got us excited in the first 7 games, they win and win big. Dez explodes after two shit games.

BTW, my respects to those that bet only one side.

With what QB? This one will be close unless Bortles plays like a complete rookie and throw the ball away but we have a habit of making QB's look their best when they play us.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One terrible offensive game that has alot of blame to go around does not judgement make on the QB alone, from where I'm sitting. Excellent summation here on that.

It was an excellent summation but it had nothing to do with Weeden staring down his receiver or missing open receivers or not going through his progressions. Certainly the offense is part of the problem but Weeden didn't do so well in Cleavland with another coach. Weeden is what he is and what he's always been in the NFL. And that's putrid. He's not even remotely capable and the team knows it which is why their risking Romo by rushing him back for a game against one of the worst teams in the NFL. Fucking disgraceful.....

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was an excellent summation but it had nothing to do with Weeden staring down his receiver or missing open receivers or not going through his progressions. Certainly the offense is part of the problem but Weeden didn't do so well in Cleavland with another coach. Weeden is what he is and what he's always been in the NFL. And that's putrid. He's not even remotely capable and the team knows it which is why their risking Romo by rushing him back for a game against one of the worst teams in the NFL. Fucking disgraceful.....
So, it was just some kind of miracle that this Weeden led offense ran up 10 points in two possessions vs. Washington before they stupidly put Tony back in?

They're rushing Tony back in because, they're stupid. Not the other way around.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, it was just some kind of miracle that this Weeden led offense ran up 10 points in two possessions vs. Washington before they stupidly put Tony back in?

They're rushing Tony back in because, they're stupid. Not the other way around.

Weeden had a whole game to show that Washington wasn't a fluke. All the AZ game showed me was that the team made the right decision to bring Romo back in at the end of the Skins game. Are you really taking his few snaps in the Skins game and negating what you've seen not only against AZ, but his whole damn career? That's just crazy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All the AZ game showed me was that the team made the right decision to bring Romo back in at the end of the Skins game.
You're kidding, right? Tony sucked on toast after he went back in, and we lost the frikkin game! At least with Weeden, we got 10 points out of it.

But as you see we are right back where we've been - if you don't trust the guy why is he in there, ever?

You believe it is a good idea to pull a backup QB while he is being effective?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Okay.... I hate me for this but I'm going Jags all the way. Betting everything on it, in fact.

I smell a major debacle coming. They are going to hang a fortyburger on us while a hurt Tony throws four picks, one of them a pick six. He might even cough up a fumble or two. And they wind up carting Tony out of Wembley, late third quarter long after we're out of the competitive phase of the game.

The special teams will give up a TD, one way or another.

Murray will fumble twice and lose both. One gets carried back to the house.

Jacksonville 44
Dallas 10

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm so sure that Jacksonville is going to look like a playoff contender tomorrow, I'm not ever going to watch.

I think jville hangs around and wins in OT.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot - Jerruh will just chock it all up to "bad luck."

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot - Jerruh will just chock it all up to "bad luck."

Eh, this game is one that Dallas would typically spit the bit on. However, I don't see how they could.

If their depth chart on their website is to be believed, Alan Ball is a starting CB for the Jags.

I guess if they have a horrible game plan (possible) and Romo is hurt/ineffective (possible), the Jags could hang around. Still, Dallas should win this one.

What I'm interested to see is now that teams have some tape on defenses that successfully limited the Cowboys offense (Skins, Cards), how defenses will employ those tactics going forward and what Dallas does to react.

Garrett has always been notoriously slow to react.....I'm hoping Linehan is better.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Garrett has always been notoriously slow to react.....I'm hoping Linehan is better.
I'm not sure what your slow to react meter is. The stupid feast or famine shit the last two defenses were doing shouldn't have lasted a quarter. The only reason it continued is Dallas' total inability to grasp the problem and adjust on the fly.

The risky blitzing is something you get them out of in one quarter. Not a half, not a full game, and definitely not two games.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're kidding, right? Tony sucked on toast after he went back in, and we lost the frikkin game! At least with Weeden, we got 10 points out of it.

But as you see we are right back where we've been - if you don't trust the guy why is he in there, ever?

You believe it is a good idea to pull a backup QB while he is being effective?

Listen here and listen good....I'm trying to help you here. Call this an intervention on my part. I'd take Romo over Weeden even if Romo's right arm was in a cast. If Romo was unconscious and on a stretcher with a discernible heartbeat, I'd put him the next series over Weeden. You're going to look like a complete fool pimping Weeden under any circumstances and you'll have to disable the search function to save face. Weeden won't be on this team next year and may not even be in the NFL. The guy is just putrid to the point of disgustingly putrid. You even thinking the guy could lead this team to victory in crunch time is disturbing.

Top Bottom