cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The main logic used here is “Cowboys win because the Giants suck”.

I think the Cowboys win because they are a great team.

Why nitpick? The fans here, some of the most critical Cowboy fans anywhere, think the Cowboys will win. Says a lot about the improvement of the team from 2013 til now.

Reaction score
They're one of those "could contend if no one important get injured" teams, but Scandrick is gone and we're sure to lose others along the way. Still playoff contenders, but not title contenders.

I’ll take playoff contenders. I’d love to see them get to the Championship game.

Why nitpick? The fans here, some of the most critical Cowboy fans anywhere, think the Cowboys will win. Says a lot about the improvement of the team from 2013 til now.

Yea, because the Giants suck.

I don’t have any problem with being critical if it’s based on sound logic, but not this dramatic over the top moronic stuff. “OMG, look at the 3rd string QB they added to the practice squad! Fuck Jerry, Garrett eat a dick!!!!!”

It would be wise to hedge a few opinions before the season starts.

Reaction score
Well shit this changes everything.

Giants by 20.

@DMN_George: The New York Giants are signing LB Jasper Brinkley, per source. The Dallas Cowboys waived Brinkley on Monday. Teams play in opener Sunday.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
The main logic used here is “Cowboys win because the Giants suck”.

I think the Cowboys win because they are a great team.

I haven't seen that. What I have seen is people saying we will blow them out because they suck... and that's true.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well shit this changes everything.

Giants by 20.

@DMN_George: The New York Giants are signing LB Jasper Brinkley, per source. The Dallas Cowboys waived Brinkley on Monday. Teams play in opener Sunday.

I think that will take Dallas off the hook for his guaranteed salary and give them some cap space back, does that sound right?

Reaction score
Yea, because the Giants suck.

I don’t have any problem with being critical if it’s based on sound logic, but not this dramatic over the top moronic stuff. “OMG, look at the 3rd string QB they added to the practice squad! Fuck Jerry, Garrett eat a dick!!!!!”

It would be wise to hedge a few opinions before the season starts.
When did you become such a stiff?

So, some people are guilty of hyperbole. Doesn't mean their thoughts aren't based on sound logic. I could probably bitch about your saying division games are "always tough," because that's hyperbole too. Division games aren't always tough. We won 3 of them last year by double digits.

Now, can anything happen in divisional games? Sure. So I give you the benefit of the doubt. I know what you mean, and I'm not gonna give you too much grief over it.

But the endless bitching about negative opinions on this forum has gotten past being old.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

So, some people are guilty of hyperbole. Doesn't mean their thoughts aren't based on sound logic. I could probably bitch about your saying division games are "always tough," because that's hyperbole too. Division games aren't always tough. We won 3 of them last year by double digits.

Now, can anything happen in divisional games? Sure. So I give you the benefit of the doubt. I know what you mean, and I'm not gonna give you too much grief over it.

But the endless bitching about negative opinions on this forum has gotten past being old.

Careful. You might be ganging up.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If we had traded him though... Wonder what he signed for? Guess no one would take him off our hands with what we guaranteed him?

Most likely not. But, from what I have read, we will get a comp pick for him.

Reaction score

I only give back what’s given to me. Anything positive i say i get told “go you know where if you want to be positive”. The Zone attacks those that are negative all the time. Here yall attack those that are positive. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. Both forums are too one sided.

I don’t care what people believe. It’s a message board man, i like debating shit. When did yall become so sensitive?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If I can get 10-1 on the giants, I'm putting all my vcash on them.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we had traded him though... Wonder what he signed for? Guess no one would take him off our hands with what we guaranteed him?

Cowboys signed Brinkley to a 2-year deal, worth $6.5M, $2M guaranteed. That $2M guaranteed includes the $1.25M signing bonus and a $750k of his 2015 base. The Giants signed him, not sure for how much yet, but the vet minimum for Brinkley (5 years) should be $745k, so the Cowboys owe him $5k of additional money.

As far as the cap, I would think the Cowboys are on the hook for his 2015 cap number of $1.625M with a dead cap hit of $625K next year. Overthecap.com has him for a dead money hit of $1.375M, not sure how they got to that number. They are most likely right, just not sure how they got to that number.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Most likely not. But, from what I have read, we will get a comp pick for him.

Kind of. We don't get a comp pick for him, but now he's out of the free agents lost versus free agents added equation, which most people feel will get us one more comp pick.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Cowboys signed Brinkley to a 2-year deal, worth $6.5M, $2M guaranteed. That $2M guaranteed includes the $1.25M signing bonus and a $750k of his 2015 base. The Giants signed him, not sure for how much yet, but the vet minimum for Brinkley (5 years) should be $745k, so the Cowboys owe him $5k of additional money.

As far as the cap, I would think the Cowboys are on the hook for his 2015 cap number of $1.625M with a dead cap hit of $625K next year. Overthecap.com has him for a dead money hit of $1.375M, not sure how they got to that number. They are most likely right, just not sure how they got to that number.

The signing bonus is what I meant we had to eat.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Kind of. We don't get a comp pick for him, but now he's out of the free agents lost versus free agents added equation, which most people feel will get us one more comp pick.

Right, and my understanding is, that's why the dismissed him, specifically.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Right, and my understanding is, that's why the dismissed him, specifically.

I think his play had him on the bubble and he was player 53, so when Michael was acquired, he was gone. I doubt they cut him just to get another 6th round pick specifically. I thought Brinkley was a strange signing in the first place and the $2M guaranteed was stupid, but overall, not much of an impact to the cap. File it under "waste of time" signing. He's slow and doesn't really seem like a Marinelli-type LB.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I think his play had him on the bubble and he was player 53, so when Michael was acquired, he was gone. I doubt they cut him just to get another 6th round pick specifically.

Maybe, but if it came down to him plus a 6th versus another player minus the 6th, I can see how it might influence their decision.

Top Bottom