Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes has never missed an AFC Championship game since he became a starter

6 fucking years in a row

One of these things is NOT like the other

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes has never missed an AFC Championship game since he became a starter

6 fucking years in a row

One of these things is NOT like the other
If you cant see that Dak Prescott is not just like Patrick Mahomes, well there's just something wrong with you.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If you cant see that Dak Prescott is not just like Patrick Mahomes, well there's just something wrong with you.
Obviously, I cant think of one thing Dak does better than Mahomes except steal a blind old mans money. However one of the biggest differences between them (I know everything is different), is the way they meet the moment. Dak simply doesnt. Last night Buffalo, home crowd behind them, goes down and gets three. Mahomes goes right out there, hostile environment and ties the game, doesnt let the crowd get in it. If he doesnt move the team down the field there and answer the Bills score, and Buffalo scores again, probably have a different outcome. Mahomes answered the whole game til they took control in the 4th quarter. Never let the Bills get momentum. Never let his team get deflated. Never gave his team the thought they werent going to win the game. That is what great QBs and leaders do. That is what Staubach did. That is what Troy did till Gomer decided he knew football. Game vs GB first four drives: punt, int, punt, int. Didnt meet the moment, game over.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
I still appreciate both Romo & Prescott. Those two are the only reason this franchise isn’t perpetually 5-12 due to the incompetence of the front office.

Without Romo/Prescott, the Eagles would have won the division many more times. Funny how the quarterbacks below get a free pass!

Cunningham
Garrett
Wright
Leaf
Stoerner
Hutchinson
Testaverde
Henson
Bledsoe
Carter
Orton
Cassell
Moore
Weedon
Dalton
Gilbert

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still appreciate both Romo & Prescott. Those two are the only reason this franchise isn’t perpetually 5-12 due to the incompetence of the front office.

Without Romo/Prescott, the Eagles would have won the division many more times. Funny how the quarterbacks below get a free pass!

Cunningham
Garrett
Wright
Leaf
Stoerner
Hutchinson
Testaverde
Henson
Bledsoe
Carter
Orton
Cassell
Moore
Weedon
Dalton
Gilbert
Most of those QB's hardly played here. I hate the narrative some Cowboy fans throw out there of "well remember how bad it was, we can't move on from Prescott (or Romo) because it was awful" The truth is something vastly different.

Meredith, Morton, Staubach, White and Aikman. These guys led the team to numerous championship games and/or Super Bowls. Romo and Prescott, zilch.

You can't be afraid to move on when its obvious the person you have isnt capable of getting your team to the highest level. There should have been a concerted effort to find Romo's successor probably around 2010 or 2011, just like they should be actively looking for Prescott's replacement NOW (and maybe Trey Lance will be that guy, we don't know yet)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Obviously, I cant think of one thing Dak does better than Mahomes except steal a blind old mans money. However one of the biggest differences between them (I know everything is different), is the way they meet the moment. Dak simply doesnt. Last night Buffalo, home crowd behind them, goes down and gets three. Mahomes goes right out there, hostile environment and ties the game, doesnt let the crowd get in it. If he doesnt move the team down the field there and answer the Bills score, and Buffalo scores again, probably have a different outcome. Mahomes answered the whole game til they took control in the 4th quarter. Never let the Bills get momentum. Never let his team get deflated. Never gave his team the thought they werent going to win the game. That is what great QBs and leaders do. That is what Staubach did. That is what Troy did till Gomer decided he knew football. Game vs GB first four drives: punt, int, punt, int. Didnt meet the moment, game over.
Good post, agree

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Most of those QB's hardly played here. I hate the narrative some Cowboy fans throw out there of "well remember how bad it was, we can't move on from Prescott (or Romo) because it was awful" The truth is something vastly different.

Meredith, Morton, Staubach, White and Aikman. These guys led the team to numerous championship games and/or Super Bowls. Romo and Prescott, zilch.

You can't be afraid to move on when its obvious the person you have isnt capable of getting your team to the highest level. There should have been a concerted effort to find Romo's successor probably around 2010 or 2011, just like they should be actively looking for Prescott's replacement NOW (and maybe Trey Lance will be that guy, we don't know yet)
and we'd be far better off long term if the team had 5 wins or less per year for the last 10 years because there just MIGHT be a chance that it gets through to the ownership they dont have a chance doing things "their way". Parity and these tantalizing regular seasons allows the delusional owner to continue to believe they're close or at the very least continue business as usual because everyone is watching, they're printing money and the value of the team keeps going up and up.

there is currently ZERO leverage for anything to ever change for the better and why I have no hope as a fan

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
and we'd be far better off long term if the team had 5 wins or less per year for the last 10 years because there just MIGHT be a chance that it gets through to the ownership they dont have a chance doing things "their way". Parity and these tantalizing regular seasons allows the delusional owner to continue to believe they're close or at the very least continue business as usual because everyone is watching, they're printing money and the value of the team keeps going up and up.

there is currently ZERO leverage for anything to ever change for the better and why I have no hope as a fan
The sad thing is they ARE close.

But dipshit owner/GM and Spawn don't have the common sense to make the couple of well thought out decisions that could push them over the top.

The first step should be turning over the entire football operation to a real football executive, or at least someone that understands how the program should be run from top to bottom. Then you put the best football coaches into position and you have the ingredients for a championship contender.

They need to change the culture more than anything else. They certainly need some talent (everybody can always use more talent) but they are just a collection of players that Jerry sees as marketing opportunities. They are not a true football operation.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score

Cunningham
Garrett
Wright
Leaf
Stoerner
Hutchinson
Testaverde
Henson
Bledsoe
Carter
Orton
Cassell
Moore
Weedon
Dalton
Gilbert

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And that's a bad thing?
There are plenty of "experts" in the media who keep schilling for this guy. Do they watch the games that actually matter? Are they pushing a narrative? Do they have money on the opposition in games where the opposition has over 500 reccord? Stevie Wonder could see that all this fraud is going to accomplish is padding his bank account. It just never ends with this mediocre QB.

Top Bottom