Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Only 4 QBs in NFL history have posted a passer rating of 100 or better in 8+ straight home games. If Dak's passer rating is 100 or better Sunday night vs. Egals, he'll join, Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees & Brett Favre.

That said, I'll let the crickets take it from here!
dallas cowboys fanatics retail GIF by Fanatics

Only one of them has never even sniffed a Super Bowl.

The other three all won the Super Bowl and some were SB MVP’s

One of these is not like the others

More crickets……

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

More crickets……
Brees reached the Super Bowl in his 9th season. Favre and Rodgers in their 6th seasons. They weren't listed above but Payton Manning reached his first one after his 7th season. Phil Simms was after his 8th season. It took Ken Anderson 11 seasons to finally make one. Dan Fouts played 15 seasons and never got to one.

Prescott is in his 8th season.

daboyz

📣 Cheerleader 🙆‍♂️
Reaction score

More crickets……
The NFL is a young man’s game. Except, that is, at quarterback. It’s not an exact science, of course, but turning 30 is generally the coming of age.

Brady won the first of his three MVPs at 30. Staubach earned five of his six Pro Bowls after 30. After turning 30, Montana’s two MVPs, Young’s two MVPs & seven Pro Bowls, three of Rodgers’ four MVPs, & three of Peyton's MVPs. Stafford won his first Super Bowl at 33. In his 30s, Brees threw for 54,050 yards & led the league in passing five times.

This season, nine quarterbacks 34 or older have started games. Wilson, Cousins, Tannehill, Taylor, Flacco, Dalton, Hoyer, Stafford & Rodgers. There are exceptions to the rule, like Aikman (all three Super Bowls & six Pro Bowls before turning 31) being in the perfect situation & Mahomes (two MVPs at 27) being a complete freak of nature.

But guess who turned 30 during last Summer’s training camp? Dak. And look who’s trending toward his first MVP? Sure enough. Who Dak!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFL is a young man’s game. Except, that is, at quarterback. It’s not an exact science, of course, but turning 30 is generally the coming of age.

Brady won the first of his three MVPs at 30. Staubach earned five of his six Pro Bowls after 30. After turning 30, Montana’s two MVPs, Young’s two MVPs & seven Pro Bowls, three of Rodgers’ four MVPs, & three of Peyton's MVPs. Stafford won his first Super Bowl at 33. In his 30s, Brees threw for 54,050 yards & led the league in passing five times.

This season, nine quarterbacks 34 or older have started games. Wilson, Cousins, Tannehill, Taylor, Flacco, Dalton, Hoyer, Stafford & Rodgers. There are exceptions to the rule, like Aikman (all three Super Bowls & six Pro Bowls before turning 31) being in the perfect situation & Mahomes (two MVPs at 27) being a complete freak of nature.

But guess who turned 30 during last Summer’s training camp? Dak. And look who’s trending toward his first MVP? Sure enough. Who Dak!

He’s been in the MVP talk multiple times before. What ultimately happens?

When you fail when it matters most in the playoffs you get overlooked for those that do win in the playoffs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's had an exceptional season and has improved almost every piece of his game.

But we need to see that translate to the field for the postseason.

I've said it since the end of last season. They want to give him another mega extension and that's fine, but they cant do it if HE is the reason they are not advancing in the postseason. The last two postseason losses have been mostly on him.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once again we're slobbering at Dak's regular season accomplishments.

Crickets? No....I've been here before. If we go to the SB, I'd be all for Dak getting an extension. But would it shock anyone if we lost in the first or second round? Raise your hand.....I'd like to hear from you.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ms. Daboyz is like that girl who keeps believing her boyfriend will give her a ring....year after year. Christmas rolls around and she's expecting a ring but then she opens up her gift and perfume (again). Next Christmas rolls around and it's the same thing except maybe she'll get a bracelet or earings....but still no ring. Then they have a kid together and he promises a ring. Certainly now he has to commit......but nope, she keeps waiting.....then they have the second kid......and she keeps waiting for the ring.

Crickets my ass...............

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
. But would it shock anyone if we lost in the first or second round? Raise your hand.....I'd liek to hear from you.
Unfortunately no, it will not shock me.

I think the Packers (and the Rams had we got them) are bad matchups for us.

Hopefully Prescott (and the rest of the team) comes up big this weekend and then next weekend too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nothings changed with me in regards to him.

He has to come up big in the postseason. We may not win it all, but he CANNOT be the main reason we lose. If he is, they should not extend his deal and instead should probably think about trading him.

He's had a great year. I do think he has improved in a number of areas of his game. He is making touch throws much better than I ever remember. He now leads receivers correctly more often than not. He has cut down on throws into coverage (and the turnovers, as he promised). I think he throws the ball into the intermediate areas the best he has ever done.

But he's got to do it during January (and hopefully Feb)

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He has to come up big in the postseason. We may not win it all, but he CANNOT be the main reason we lose. If he is, they should not extend his deal and instead should probably think about trading him.

I still think this is a fense walking cop out. Dak has to carry the team. If the D gives up points and yards and Dak has a bad game, you'll blame the D. We're going to have those games and possibly in the playoffs when you play high caliber teams. You have to match their output and intensity. The QB has to put the team on his back and carry it.

I remember when Romo lost to Manning 51 - 48 when he was with Colorado. People still blamed Romo because he threw a pick with the game on the line. Not me. When you score 48 points, you should win 100% of the time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still think this is a fense walking cop out. Dak has to carry the team. If the D gives up points and yards and Dak has a bad game, you'll blame the D. We're going to have those games and possibly in the playoffs when you play high caliber teams. You have to match their output and intensity. The QB has to put the team on his back and carry it.

I remember when Romo lost to Manning 51 - 48 when he was with Colorado. People still blamed Romo because he threw a pick with the game on the line. Not me. When you score 48 points, you should win 100% of the time.
I know what you mean, esp the Romo game. You are right, a team should never lose an NFL game when scoring that many points.

But its not a fence walking cop out. The defense for the most part played well enough to win both the San Fran playoff games we lost (especially last yr). Prescott WAS the main reason we lost those games (and especially last yr). On the other hand, he didnt play well in either the San Fran or Buffalo games this season, but the defense gave the team no chance to win either of those two games.

No QB should be EXPECTED to throw up 40 pts every game for us to just be competitive. Just like no defense should have to pitch a shutout or hold the other team to a couple FG's every week. We'll see how it plays out. Like I said I am skeptical until I see him do it.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once again we're slobbering at Dak's regular season accomplishments.

Crickets? No....I've been here before. If we go to the SB, I'd be all for Dak getting an extension. But would it shock anyone if we lost in the first or second round? Raise your hand.....I'd like to hear from you.

Crickets................

Top Bottom