Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well Stephen Jones just said that it's not likely that Gregory will make back until after the bye week so that means he misses both the Saints and Patriots game

Well ain't that just a kick in the nuts! At least we should have both Mincey and Hardy back for the Pats. We will certainly need all the help we can get on D to keep the bleeding down to a minimum

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All the reports I've seen on Gregory said four weeks which would have put him back for the Pats game. This last report is the first and only one I've heard them say he will be out till the bye week

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All the reports I've seen on Gregory said four weeks which would have put him back for the Pats game. This last report is the first and only one I've heard them say he will be out till the bye week

The initial report was 4-6 weeks.

Week 1 he got hurt. 4 weeks off would be through the 5th game of the season. S Jones said it on the radio last week, that they expected him to be back for the NYG game after the bye.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The report just popped up in my Cowboys feed so I assumed it was new. But you are correct. It's from last Friday's radio interview with S. jones

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just watched Carrot tops press conference about the saints game and when asked if Weeden's short safe throws were his decision or a coaching decision he sidestepped that question like a pro and refused to answer it

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
OK, you're a liar. You've never seen Romo throw into triple coverage?
Hey dumbass, you're moving the goal posts. YOU said Romo has done that exact pick. I went into detail including field position and NO, I don't recall nor have I ever even heard of Romo committing that exact same pick.

You're defending Weeden and trying to make some insane connection with him and Tony? They're not even on the same planet.

Reaction score
I just watched Carrot tops press conference about the saints game and when asked if Weeden's short safe throws were his decision or a coaching decision he sidestepped that question like a pro and refused to answer it

From my understanding, he explained that Atlanta plays Seattle’s style defense. Cover 1 with guys playing up to stop the run, corners play deep to stop the deep throws. Opportunities to make throws on the outside. Said Weeden chose to throw underneath and had good success.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I believe that comment about Seattle style defense was from a previous press conference following the ATL game

The one I just saw had him avoiding the question altogether when asked if it was Weeden's choice to throw underneath or was it a coaching decision during the NO press conference

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hey dumbass, you're moving the goal posts. YOU said Romo has done that exact pick. I went into detail including field position and NO, I don't recall nor have I ever even heard of Romo committing that exact same pick.

You're defending Weeden and trying to make some insane connection with him and Tony? They're not even on the same planet.

Who cares about down and distance. What Weeden did was exactly the type of play Romo would have done 3/4/5 years ago. Trying to make something happen when the play breaks down and then throwing off his back foot into triple coverage.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He got them last week too

Hopefully he gets some snaps this week

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
C Michael got reps with 1st team today apparently.

After further thought, I think we may see Michael in action against the Saints. Think about it. After the bye week, the Cowboys have to make roster cuts to make room for McClain and Hardy, and they have to deactivate a couple of players for the same reason. So this would be the best opportunity to evaluate Michael.

Reaction score
Saints quarterback Drew Brees took most of the reps in practice on Wednesday and said he plans to continue to "ramp up" his workload as the week goes on, Evan Woodbery of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

Brees didn't throw at all in practice last week, and he said the first practice gave him confidence he would return on Sunday night when the Saints (0-3) play the Dallas Cowboys (2-1) at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

"I feel a lot better today than I did last week," Brees said. "I feel pretty good about (playing) Sunday."

Brees suffered a rotator cuff injury on Sept. 20 against Tampa Bay. and was on the sidelines for last week's game against the Carolina Panthers, the first time he has missed action due to injury in his NFL career.

He tested his shoulder by throwing on his own on Tuesday and then again in practice on Wednesday.

"I'll see how the shoulder responds tomorrow and the rest of the day, but each day I'm able to do more," Brees said. "We'll continue to ramp up the volume and intensity."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was supposed to be in Nawlins this month. I was going to try to time the trip so I could make the game.

With all our injuries this season I'm kind of thankful the trip fell thru

Otherwise my first live Cowboy game would have been wth all our second stringers and probably a loss. lol

Top Bottom