Reaction score
Two totally different labels and public opinions

Jerry loving his whores is different than Jerry loving his women beaters

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Two totally different labels and public opinions

That wasn't the meter.. The meter you used was how smart Jerry is. He's not.

Plus, there is NO proof Manziel ever laid a finger on this chick. Had there been even the slightest red spot, anything at all they WOULD have arrested him. In fact I've seen it happen when there was no physical evidence at all. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Bookmark this - I believe our odds of signing Manziel are much greater than taking Wentz at #4.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You think it is "smarter" for Jerry to allow himself to be photographed carousing with his pole dancers, risking his wife using that in a divorce to take half of everything he owns, than for the team to take a cheap flyer on a drunk 23 year old messed up kid quarterback he's been kicking himself for not drafting in the first place?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's all public opinion at this point
It doesn't matter if JF gets convicted or even charged with beating a woman anymore. The public has already found him guilty

Just like Hardy

The media shitstorm that would fall upon Jerry's head if he signs JF is not worth the trouble because he already signed Hardy. If he hadn't signed Hardy previously I doubt the latest reports on JF would slow him down in the least. But because he did sign Hardy who dealt with the same issues I don't think he would sign JF who has the same issues for fear of being labeled as a supporter of players beating their women.

Now is Jerry smart? Not in the least. Unless it has to do with Business. And signing a second player with charges of beating a woman would be bad for business and I don't think Jerry would do that at this point.

Not to mention the report stated the Cowboys top brass have moved on from JF. Now it's just a report and you can take it with a grain of salt. But I just don't think Jerry will sign JF anymore

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
But not smart enough to avoid being photographed in various stages of dress and Occupying Vagistan with three of his stadium pole dancers? You kidding?

What the fuck EVER possesses people to give Jerry any credit for having any common sense or any brain at all?

The hope that we have is that Stephen and Will McClay were able to convince him once that Johnny was bad business. They did it once and hopefully they'll be able to do it again. Listen to your scouts Jerry!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You think it is "smarter" for Jerry to allow himself to be photographed carousing with his pole dancers, risking his wife using that in a divorce to take half of everything he owns, than for the team to take a cheap flyer on a drunk 23 year old messed up kid quarterback he's been kicking himself for not drafting in the first place?

His wife will never divorce him. I'm convinced they have an "agreement". If she divorced him she would only get half. Now half is a shit ton of money and assets but she can stay married to him and get it all. Jerry can go out and get all strippers and Johnny Walker Black he wants and she can go, do, and spend whatever the hell she wants anytime she wants. By staying married they also keep their cash cow (the Cowboys) intact. By divorcing they would likely have to sell the Cowboys to split the asset. Obviously she would prefer for him to be discreet but it's Jerry. From time to time he's going to have to pay off some strippers to keep ALL the photos from coming out. All that matters to her is that her lifestyle doesn't change and she doesn't have to sleep with him.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It's all public opinion at this point
It doesn't matter if JF gets convicted or even charged with beating a woman anymore. The public has already found him guilty

Just like Hardy

The media shitstorm that would fall upon Jerry's head if he signs JF is not worth the trouble because he already signed Hardy. If he hadn't signed Hardy previously I doubt the latest reports on JF would slow him down in the least. But because he did sign Hardy who dealt with the same issues I don't think he would sign JF who has the same issues for fear of being labeled as a supporter of players beating their women.

Now is Jerry smart? Not in the least. Unless it has to do with Business. And signing a second player with charges of beating a woman would be bad for business and I don't think Jerry would do that at this point.

Not to mention the report stated the Cowboys top brass have moved on from JF. Now it's just a report and you can take it with a grain of salt. But I just don't think Jerry will sign JF anymore

I want to agree with you and I have a feeling that Stephen wants to agree with you but Jerry himself has said in the past that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Signing Johnny would lead Sportscenter. Then pretty much every day after that Sportscenter would have a clock counting down until the time Johnny would take over for Romo. All of the Jerry haters would be glued to Sportscenter and NFL Network (who Jerry has a stake in) waiting for the moment Johnny fucks up. Then the whole world will come crashing down on the Cowboys. BUT because everyone (haters and homers) is watching Jerry is making money hand over fist.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
His wife will never divorce him. I'm convinced they have an "agreement". If she divorced him she would only get half. Now half is a shit ton of money and assets but she can stay married to him and get it all. Jerry can go out and get all strippers and Johnny Walker Black he wants and she can go, do, and spend whatever the hell she wants anytime she wants. By staying married they also keep their cash cow (the Cowboys) intact. By divorcing they would likely have to sell the Cowboys to split the asset. Obviously she would prefer for him to be discreet but it's Jerry. From time to time he's going to have to pay off some strippers to keep ALL the photos from coming out. All that matters to her is that her lifestyle doesn't change and she doesn't have to sleep with him.

It's "Blue"....Johnny Walker Blue. Get with the program.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It's "Blue"....Johnny Walker Blue. Get with the program.

My bad hahaha. The IPA's were flowing when I wrote that theory about Jerry and his wife last night last night.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Plus, there is NO proof Manziel ever laid a finger on this chick. Had there been even the slightest red spot, anything at all they WOULD have arrested him. In fact I've seen it happen when there was no physical evidence at all. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Are we talking in legal terms here or whether or not we'd sign this kid because there's obviously a world of difference. He may be innocent or his GF may not press charges hoping they stay together and she can share in his millions (until they run out). But Jerry's isn't signing this kid. Domestic abuse is just too hot a topic for Jerry or the NFL and that kind of publicity is not welcomed, especially after signing Hardy who, by all accounts, has been domestic abuse free after signing with the team.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Let's say he actually didn't do it. It still doesn't look good on him because it shows that he associates with people and surrounds himself with people that would take advantage of him. He allowed himself to get in this position. It reminds me of something Parcells about that safety that got shot twice while playing for the Cowboys (can't remember his name)... "It's never you're fault, but you're always there."

Johnny is an accident waiting to happen. He's either going to do something to get thrown in jail, get himself killed, or end up killing someone else. With the life he leads he does not deserve to be in the NFL.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My bad hahaha. The IPA's were flowing when I wrote that theory about Jerry and his wife last night last night.

Yeah, I tied one on the other night as well. But I don't know what the preference is with IPA's. Strange taste and folks have gone beer snob crazy the last couple of years and the damn things are expensive as hell.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, I tied one on the other night as well. But I don't know what the preference is with IPA's. Strange taste and folks have gone beer snob crazy the last couple of years and the damn things are expensive as hell.

It really depends on where you go. They are a bit more pricey than the standard Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light though. And they are definitely an acquired taste. I like them because they're stronger. During the games though I'm strictly a Miller Lite guy.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I drink too much during games so the heavier beers are out. Although this year I didn't really get into any games after the first quarter of the season. I got very little joy watching scrub QB and an idiot HC. Boring.....

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I never cared for IPA's. To hoppy for my tastes. I like a darker richer beer like a stout or porter anyway. You can't beat an Oatmeal Stout with a steak, or any cut of beef for that matter.

Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout is my favorite, but Youngs Oatmeal stout is easier to find. Be assured that the youngs will be flowing on Sunday as it will pair perfectly with the brisket I'll be smoking. I just hope I'm able to stay awake for the actual game since I will be up all night smoking the brisket.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stouts and Porters I like but it depends on the occasion. If I'm going to power drink, it would just get too expensive. I don't know how young people do it; when I was younger you could put 20 bucks ont he bar, drink all night and get change back. I'm too much of a traditionalist and appreciate Genesee, Bud, Strohs (do they even make it any more), PBR, St. Paulie Girl to name a few over what younger folks drink today.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I never cared for IPA's. To hoppy for my tastes. I like a darker richer beer like a stout or porter anyway. You can't beat an Oatmeal Stout with a steak, or any cut of beef for that matter.

Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout is my favorite, but Youngs Oatmeal stout is easier to find. Be assured that the youngs will be flowing on Sunday as it will pair perfectly with the brisket I'll be smoking. I just hope I'm able to stay awake for the actual game since I will be up all night smoking the brisket.

Damn that sounds good. I'm definitely going to have to try that out. There is a beer store in North Dallas that I go to that has everything.

Top Bottom