ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry has never shown an ability to build a team properly. There is no guarantee he would have gone after him had Jimmy not really wanted him.
You aren't saying signing a cornerback to the richest contract in history is building a team properly, are you? :eek:

Iamtdg

Reaction score
You aren't saying signing a cornerback to the richest contract in history is building a team properly, are you? :eek:

No... I'm not. Actually, your post confuses me. I'm saying he should have been signed, and because Jimmy's input wasn't there when the actual signing happened, the right player was signed to the wrong contract. But, the original point was that Jerry deserves full credit for him coming to the team, and I don't agree with that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Going into 2014, you know the year that proves he and Jason are legit, he was all depressed during his Fox interview Week One, saying that this is the first year in a long time that he is not expecting the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl. He was asked is this a rebuilding year? He said yes. Then we went 12-4.

It was the same interview where he pouted about not drafting Johnny Manziel (out of the league) over Zack Martin (All-Pro).

That interview was glorious!!

I don't recall him ever being that negative coming into a season. It struck me he was distancing himself from the decisions that were made he didn't like so he could come back at the end of the year and say I told you so but then he got his predictions rammed up his dumb ass with a great regular season and an all pro season by the rookie he wanted to pass on in order to grab Johnny "fucked up all the time" football.

Sure seems like the next season, he had to start throwing his weight around again in order to make what he thought was a key move he could later take credit for, so I bet he was leading the charge for Hardy. Thank gawd, someone (steven?) reigned him in by only offering a one year, prove it deal. You know damn well in years past jeri would have backed up the truck full of money and they'd be stuck with him and his BS for years

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Thing is, Jerry might have never even gone after him if he hadn't seen how much Jimmy wanted him. That was my point all along. Yet again, Jimmy recognized the talent, and after he left, Jerry pursued Deion further.

I think Jerry would have gone after Deion regardless of what Jimmy thought about Deion. He was the epitome of everything Jerry likes. Tons of flash and Sportscenter highlights.

The fact that Jimmy was already gone and the fact that Jerry damn near fought his own son over adding him is why I give Jerry credit for the Deion signing.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I think Jerry would have gone after Deion regardless of what Jimmy thought about Deion. He was the epitome of everything Jerry likes. Tons of flash and Sportscenter highlights.

The fact that Jimmy was already gone and the fact that Jerry damn near fought his own son over adding him is why I give Jerry credit for the Deion signing.

Fair enough. I don't agree.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Even if Jerry is given credit for Deion that still only brings his HOF GM moves to 5. Those are far outweighs by the bonehead moves he's made.

Reaction score
I also give Jerry full credit for the brilliant Joey Galloway signing. The brilliant Roy Williams trade. And the truly brilliant Mike Vanderjact free agent signing

Don't forget about the genius moves of the Special Teams Draft and the "Cold Weather Kicker". First ballot hall of fame type stuff for sure.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Don't forget about the genius moves of the Special Teams Draft and the "Cold Weather Kicker". First ballot hall of fame type stuff for sure.

And, the extra roster spot for Beuhler. Cause... well, I have no idea why.

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The fifth SB was all Jerry. With Kevin Smith out, no way we win that year.

To frame it any other way is just stupid.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The fifth SB was all Jerry. With Kevin Smith out, no way we win that year.

To frame it any other way is just stupid.

yeah, but one time there was a beef chalupa on the side of the road

but the guacamole was bad

Iamtdg

Reaction score
The fifth SB was all Jerry.

mtbu.gif

Top Bottom