Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hey man, who are you and why are fuzzy numbnuts, hostile and their ilk so bent out shape because I passed along your assertion that Gregory was abou to be suspended?

You would think I called their mothers a whore or something, their reactions are borderline insane

"I'm just not that damn important."
Naw, I posted there for a few years (same name), and also called out Hostile on his BS and got perma-banned. This year I was posting under another name, and got perma-banned again. I didn't break a rule, EVER, but as soon as I brought up how Hostile acted..BOOM.
As far as their reactions, Hostile can't stand us, and it probably hurts him that I have a reliable source. I made a thread a week before the draft saying Ezekiel is going to be the pick. How did I know? My boy overheard Stephen Jones talking to his boss about it. Obviously I was correct.

I've never had a problem with Fuzzy, so I don't know what his deal is.

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
But, Jimmy is the one who recruited him. Have you seen the "Don't count me out" video?

Deion joined the Cowboys the year they won the SB in '95. Which was Switzer's 2nd year in Dallas. Jimmy was gone for well over a year by the time they got Deion. I haven't seen that video but I have a hard believing that Jimmy would be helping Jerry recruit anyone by the time he left.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I haven't seen that video but I have a hard believing that Jimmy would be helping Jerry recruit anyone by the time he left.
That happened near the end of Jimmy's last season, Deion's first free agency year. He went instead to the 49ers for one year, then to Dallas for that (at the time) ridiculous contract Stephen almost came to blows with Jerry, over.

Jimmy WAS recruiting Deion, but then Jimmy was gone the next year.

Reaction score
Jerry isn't a quality GM because he can't identify talent to save his life. And he has no vision for what he wants his franchise to be. Hence him being the GM for 27 years and we've gone through many head couches, countless coordinators, major philosophical offensive strategies (timing based, WCO, etc.) Multiple defensive philosophy shifts (4-3, 3-4, etc).

He will tell you things like Weeden is the best pure passer he's ever seen. Tell you losing quality players are easily replaced. Proclaim Claiborn the best cornerback in the draft since Deion Sanders, etc etc etc.

The guy is an idiot.

Where/why we are experience more success with regards to drafting is, he's doing a better job of listening to people. And eliminating the likes of Larry Lacewell as a trusted advisor, etc. But as for an actual GM himself, he's terrible. I laugh every they show him at the combine with a stop watch around his neck. The guy is a clown. A billionaire clown.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"I'm just not that damn important."
Naw, I posted there for a few years (same name), and also called out Hostile on his BS and got perma-banned. This year I was posting under another name, and got perma-banned again. I didn't break a rule, EVER, but as soon as I brought up how Hostile acted..BOOM.
As far as their reactions, Hostile can't stand us, and it probably hurts him that I have a reliable source. I made a thread a week before the draft saying Ezekiel is going to be the pick. How did I know? My boy overheard Stephen Jones talking to his boss about it. Obviously I was correct.

I've never had a problem with Fuzzy, so I don't know what his deal is.

I never dreamed I'd get caught up in their nonsense but apparently my post at CZ was the catalyst, damn strange

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Deion joined the Cowboys the year they won the SB in '95. Which was Switzer's 2nd year in Dallas. Jimmy was gone for well over a year by the time they got Deion. I haven't seen that video but I have a hard believing that Jimmy would be helping Jerry recruit anyone by the time he left.

So this video shows Jimmy saying about 10 words to Deion and these geniuses here feel that was "recruiting" and got Deion here...OMFG! LOL

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I actually do give Jerry credit for Deion. He fits everything a showman fantasy football GM like Jerry would go for: Flashy, bombastic, marketable, and of course a good player.

Problem is, Deion led to the disaster that's followed almost ever since when he got special treatment regarding practice, lifting, and basically everything else. Deion got to go around the coach straight to the GM, and that caused culture problems with the team.

Of course Jerry has been stupid enough to not stop the practice almost 20 years later. Except for the Parcells years, it's gone on straight through to today.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I actually do give Jerry credit for Deion. He fits everything a showman fantasy football GM like Jerry would go for: Flashy, bombastic, marketable, and of course a good player.

I do too, but I think the idea originated with Jimmy. After jerri and barry lost in the championship game to the Niners and Kevin Smith went down in early 95, jerri was in absolute desperation mode to prove he can win without Jimmy

I'm not convinced they would have won super bowl XXX without Deion, especially if he had ended up back in SF.

What I took from that video is that Jimmy was clearly thinking about the future of the team, thus intent on staying so obviously it was jerri's drunken pout fest after this super bowl win that lead to Jimmys departure not that Jimmy was ready to leave and had already circled the date on his calendar. This claim always sounded like Jimmy trying to save face because he was humiliated by being fired by jerri

Iamtdg

Reaction score

Problem is, Deion led to the disaster that's followed almost ever since when he got special treatment regarding practice, lifting, and basically everything else. Deion got to go around the coach straight to the GM, and that caused culture problems with the team.

Of course Jerry has been stupid enough to not stop the practice almost 20 years later. Except for the Parcells years, it's gone on straight through to today.

Thing is, Jerry might have never even gone after him if he hadn't seen how much Jimmy wanted him. That was my point all along. Yet again, Jimmy recognized the talent, and after he left, Jerry pursued Deion further.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's not like seeing Deion's greatness required any scouting ability whatsoever. He was such a spectacular athlete, everyone knew he was maybe the best corner ever. Even a moron like Jerry.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I also give Jerry full credit for the brilliant Joey Galloway signing. The brilliant Roy Williams trade. And the truly brilliant Mike Vanderjact free agent signing

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's not like seeing Deion's greatness required any scouting ability whatsoever. He was such a spectacular athlete, everyone knew he was maybe the best corner ever. Even a moron like Jerry.

Jerry has never shown an ability to build a team properly. There is no guarantee he would have gone after him had Jimmy not really wanted him.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I also give Jerry full credit for the brilliant Joey Galloway signing. The brilliant Roy Williams trade. And the truly brilliant Mike Vanderjact free agent signing

Exactly my point. Jerry thinks he is smarter than the rest of the league, and has over and over again done things thinking he is outsmarting the NFL. Because of this unpredictability, there is no way to say for sure he would have gone after Deion had Jimmy not shown him the way.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let's not act like signing Deion was some schrewd move.

First off, he's Deion fucking Sanders. His nickname is literally Prime Time. He also signed him a year after the 49ers signed him and watched Deion help the 49ers beat us for the Super Bowl birth.

Second, he gave Deion the largest contract ever at the time.

Ohhh, Hall of Fame move.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Let's not act like signing Deion was some schrewd move.

First off, he's Deion fucking Sanders. His nickname is literally Prime Time. He also signed him a year after the 49ers signed him and watched Deion help the 49ers beat us for the Super Bowl birth.

Second, he gave Deion the largest contract ever at the time.

Ohhh, Hall of Fame move.

It was a good move. It most likely won us a SB the next year. The contract was atrocious. You can credit Jerry for all of that. Our HOF GM.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry has never shown an ability to build a team properly. There is no guarantee he would have gone after him had Jimmy not really wanted him.

Going into 2014, you know the year that proves he and Jason are legit, he was all depressed during his Fox interview Week One, saying that this is the first year in a long time that he is not expecting the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl. He was asked is this a rebuilding year? He said yes. Then we went 12-4.

It was the same interview where he pouted about not drafting Johnny Manziel (out of the league) over Zack Martin (All-Pro).

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It was a good move. It most likely won us a SB the next year. The contract was atrocious. You can credit Jerry for all of that. Our HOF GM.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good move. It was an obvious move.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Going into 2014, you know the year that proves he and Jason are legit, he was all depressed during his Fox interview Week One, saying that this is the first year in a long time that he is not expecting the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl. He was aksed is this a rebuilding year? He said yes. Then we went 12-4.

It was the same interview where he pouted about not drafting Johhny Manziel (out of the league) over Zack Martin (All-Pro).

He has no idea what he is doing. He doesn't know if he is in a good spot or not. He doesn't know when he is in a bad place, and even when it becomes obvious he is in a bad place, he has zero idea how to fix it. Which leads him to either mimicking what someone else has done, or bringing in help from past employees that didn't help him when they were employed here.

Top Bottom