ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Davis would have had to go on the active roster.

Moore is just an odd choice for PS QB until you realize Linehan knows the player. Plus his noodle arm probably reminds Garrett of himself.

How are we even going to have enough snaps for two practice squad QBs anyway? How many other teams have done this? Seems weird. I bet we don't keep both of them too long.

Dodger12 said:
Yep.....it's the underdog syndrome. And if you ever watch the video of the Garretts on the Cowboy's web site, they talk about how Jason Garrett got a tryout with the team....because his father called Norv and asked him to work out his son. Nepotism from top to bottom.

Now I'm even more pissed than I was before.
I might try to sit through that if feel like slitting my wrists isn't enough.

I just wish someone would do a real investigative story on why Jerry fell so in love with Garrett's old man. He seems like a very weird dude to me and it's not like he was some super scout or coach. But there was something there that made Jerry put incredible faith in him. Maybe he was just an incredible ass kisser or something.

Reaction score
@DMN_George: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett says new QB Kellen Moore "knows how to win." Will be on practice squad with QB Jameill Showers.

God I hate Garrett.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just wish someone would do a real investigative story on why Jerry fell so in love with Garrett's old man. He seems like a very weird dude to me and it's not like he was some super scout or coach. But there was something there that made Jerry put incredible faith in him. Maybe he was just an incredible ass kisser or something.

The whole time I was watching it it made me nauseate. It was sickening. I agree with you....every time I look at the elder Garrett, I get the heebee jeebees. I don't know why and I don't understand the faith in the guy. You see him talk in absolutes about a player and he may have been completely wrong but Jerry keeps going back to the well. I guess when you have no football acumen as a talent evaluator or GM like Jerry, even guys like Garrett can seem like geniuses. And Jerry can excuse his (Garrett's) errors and shortcomings because Jerry can relate to both.

Reaction score
Wasn't older Garrett the guy who kept raving about some speedy WR on Hard Knocks and said if not with us he'd end up playing for someone? I remember the guy was really fast. We cut him and he never played a game in the nfl.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wasn't older Garrett the guy who kept raving about some speedy WR on Hard Knocks and said if not with us he'd end up playing for someone? I remember the guy was really fast. We cut him and he never played a game in the nfl.

Exactly, I was just going to mention that. He raved and raved about that Todd Lowber guy because he was a Jersey kid he'd helped train. "This is a magnificent athlete, you'd be crazy not to have him on your team!!!" Blah blah blah. And the guy couldn't play a lick. I thought it was so funny that they showed Old Man Garrett going on about him so long and at the end when they cut him, Phillips almost laughingly said, "Eh, yes, Todd was a good athlete, but he just wasn't a football player." And of course the guy never played for anyone.

And then there was that old 2002 Peter King predraft meeting room story Booze once posted when they were debating the corners. Garrett went on about how great Buchanon was: "If you watch the tape and don't think this guy is better than Jammer, you don't know football!!" And Zimmer says, "Uh, I think I know football." Of course Buchanon turned out to be pretty much a bust.

I mean, what did the old man ever do to make Jerry such a fan of his for literally decades? He was a spare old assistant coach and scout who bounced around and never did anything of note. There have been hundreds of guys like him over the last 30 years but for some reason Jerry thought he was some genius.

Dammit I'm getting like Dodger and getting pissed off just thinking about what a football dumbass Jerry is.

Last edited:

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Exactly, I was just going to mention that. He raved and raved about that Todd Lowber guy because he was a Jersey kid he'd helped train. "This is a magnificent athlete, you'd be crazy not to have him on your team!!!" Blah blah blah. And the guy couldn't play a lick. I thought it was so funny that they showed Old Man Garrett going on about him so long and at the end when they cut him, Phillips almost laughingly said, "Eh, yes, Todd was a good athlete, but he just wasn't a football player." And of course the guy never played for anyone.

And then there was that old 2002 Peter King predraft meeting room story Booze once posted when they were debating the corners. Garrett went on about how great Buchanon was: "If you watch the tape and don't think this guy is better than Jammer, you don't know football!!" And Zimmer says, "Uh, I think I know football." Of course Buchanon turned out to be pretty much a bust.

I mean, what did the old man ever do to make Jerry such a fan of his for literally decades? He was a spare old assistant coach and scout who bounced around and never did anything of note. There have been hundreds of guys like him over the last 30 years but for some reason Jerry thought he was some genius.

Dammit I'm getting like Dodger and getting pissed off just thinking about what a football dumbass Jerry is.

Watch this.

I dare you.

The Jim Garrett Story | Dallas Cowboys

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
You hoes going through menopause or what.. Why the hell you getting all worked up over a PS QB?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Davis was cut and signed with Cleavland. We could have had him on the cheap and I thought the guy showed enough to be a dependable back-up at least. Our efforts to outsmart other NFL teams and land that diamond in rough continue.

Moore, Davis. No difference

The future at QB is coming early in next years draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How are we even going to have enough snaps for two practice squad QBs anyway? How many other teams have done this? Seems weird. I bet we don't keep both of them too long.

Garrett said today that Showers was going to be tried at a number of positions. I mentioned in one of my posts last week I thought they might move him from QB.

I bet next yr in camp he is moved permanently to WR or DB.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Garrett said today that Showers was going to be tried at a number of positions. I mentioned in one of my posts last week I thought they might move him from QB.

I bet next yr in camp he is moved permanently to WR or DB.

:blowhard

Are you guessing amigo?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly, I was just going to mention that. He raved and raved about that Todd Lowber guy because he was a Jersey kid he'd helped train.

If you could bare to watch a bit more of that abortion video, you see Garrett sound off in no uncertain terms about an unknown player. It was in some meeting when he was much younger. I thought to myself, "what an arrogant man and I wonder how many times he was wrong." That was the demeanor of a guy who knows he's entrenched at Valley Ranch and could do no wrong. I bet all these guys hated the world when BP came to town and they were probably minimized, if not outright fired (see Lacewell, Larry).

Funny story in the Part II Romo / QC video where Broaddus walks into the cafeteria during camp and sees Lacewell sitting at the table drinking coffee and Lacewell said something to the effect, "he did it......(referring to BP)." Broaddus asked what he did and Lacewell says "he (BP) just cut our starting QB." It must have been shocking for those dolts back then to work under BP and if I'm not mistaken, Broaddus was fired, along with Lacewell. And it must have killed Garrett Sr. to not have the boss' ear. Accountability gentlemen.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You hoes going through menopause or what.. Why the hell you getting all worked up over a PS QB?

Lol, no shit, some of you guys aren't happy unless you're unhappy

This is the best Ive felt about the team and organization in years and I would think the reasons are obvious. Nothings perfect, its a competitive league and a few injuries can sink the season but there have been so many good changes in the way the team is being run, I am actually enjoying the team again and having a glimmer of hope.

Whereas when jerri was running the team with his wildcatting ways, they had no shot.

We've got a few tickets in play to this years lottery folks, try to enjoy it

Reaction score
Lol, no shit, some of you guys aren't happy unless you're unhappy

This is the best Ive felt about the team and organization in years and I would think the reasons are obvious. Nothings perfect, its a competitive league and a few injuries can sink the season but there have been so many good changes in the way the team is being run, I am actually enjoying the team again and having a glimmer of hope.

Whereas when jerri was running the team with his wildcatting ways, they had no shot.

We've got a few tickets in play to this years lottery folks, try to enjoy it

I'm enjoying the obvious upgrade to the defense. But losing the offense's best player, the NFLs offensive player of the year, the architect of the running game and the author and playcaller of the organization of the O-line, and then the best punt returner/special teams tough guy/4thWR...WITHOUT EFFECTIVELY OR EQUALLY REPLACING ANY OF THE ABOVE, gives a very logical reason to think that things are not going to be as successful on Offense as they were last year.

It's really not negative, it's just simple math.

O-3 (+ {}) =¥.

The offense minus 3 (Murray, Callahan, and Harris) plus a bunch of questionmarks equals uncertainty.

Duh.

Top Bottom