theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
New England only got a a third for a stud defender. so we're gonna get a haul for an aging, recently inured RB?

They'd be lucky to get a used pair of tidy whiteys with a skid mark in it.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry went on the radio and basically stated that no, Dallas ain't doing shit.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
The Jets could trade Sheldon Richardson, per Rapoport, as they’ve seemed to be moving on from their 2013 first-round pick. Richardson can play linebacker, defensive end and defensive tackle, but he comes with some off-field issues. The 25-year-old was suspended four games in 2014 for violating the league’s substance abuse policy for marijuana and was suspended one game last season after being arrested for fleeing from cops at 143 mph

If only he was a person of interest in his grandparent's murder, he'd be here already.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pass rush has been, is and will be a need for the Cowboys, but teams don’t give away pass-rushers and they cost a lot to get. I wonder if the cost will be just too prohibitive. The New York Jets have called the Cowboys about Sheldon Richardson, but he is to make $8.069 million next season as part of his fifth-year option, and has some off-field issues. (He was suspended for one game this season)

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I love that dude. I would make that trade. He can play all 3 LB spots and rush the passer as a DE.

He would be my #1 free agent target.

Could have drafted him instead of Escobar I believe, or it might have been Lawrence.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL)
11/1/16, 1:04 PM
Jets contacted the Cowboys to see if they would be interested in trading for Sheldon Richardson. (via @toddarcher) pic.twitter.com/RN6HsNxaBS

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL)
11/1/16, 1:04 PM
Jets contacted the Cowboys to see if they would be interested in trading for Sheldon Richardson. (via @toddarcher) pic.twitter.com/RN6HsNxaBS

Apparently they turned it down because of his contract (and what it will cost to resign him) and due to the asking price for Sheldon. My guess is they wanted Romo and a 1st.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently they turned it down because of his contract (and what it will cost to resign him) and due to the asking price for Sheldon. My guess is they wanted Romo and a 1st.

He also has some of field issues which complicate his situation. Would have been a nice add on the field though for sure.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Have to admit I was bummed we didn't make a move. I didn't want us to go crazy and vastly overpay for anyone, but getting DL help could have been a real game changer for us, especially now that we're missing Claiborne and Church for 4-6 weeks (or more)

It also irritates me that we sat on some dead weight players here like McFadden, Dunbar and Escobar. Now if McFadden and Dunbar cant pass a physical they cant be traded (could be the reason they weren't moved) but if they can perform, efforts should have been made to move all of them even if it was for late round picks in 2017 or 2018.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Have to admit I was bummed we didn't make a move. I didn't want us to go crazy and vastly overpay for anyone, but getting DL help could have been a real game changer for us, especially now that we're missing Claiborne and Church for 4-6 weeks (or more)

It also irritates me that we sat on some dead weight players here like McFadden, Dunbar and Escobar. Now if McFadden and Dunbar cant pass a physical they cant be traded (could be the reason they weren't moved) but if they can perform, efforts should have been made to move all of them even if it was for late round picks in 2017 or 2018.

They sat on Hanna too.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
so the Chiefs don't want Mcfadden but are bringing Trent Richardson in for a look. makes sense.

Top Bottom