Reaction score
The AFC South is wide open so I don't see Tennessee dumping anyone. The Dolphins should be willing to ship one of their DE's for a pick or two.

I think Williams would help us. If Marinelli can do stuff with JAGs like Jack Crawford and Ryan Davis, what can he get out of Williams? I think Wake would have a huge impact for us and on the playoff hunt.

I agree with the Wake part, just not sure Williams is worth giving up something significant for. Wouldn't complain if we got him but the outside pass rush is still the most glaring need to me.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I agree with the Wake part, just not sure Williams is worth giving up something significant for. Wouldn't complain if we got him but the outside pass rush is still the most glaring need to me.

Sounds like Williams isn't doing too hot in Miami

Mario Williams insisted Friday he was not angered by Vance Joseph’s extraordinarily blunt criticism of Williams’ uninspiring first five weeks in a Dolphins uniform.

“He’s got to play better, has got to play harder,”

Read more here: With just one sack in five games, Mario Williams has disappointed in 2016 | Miami Herald

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Joseph nailed it with the "he has to play harder" line. That's always been the knock on him. Doubt Marinelli would want that unless the price was extraordinarily cheap.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Poor Jamie Collins gets sent to the Browns for a third round pick. :lol

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Poor Jamie Collins gets sent to the Browns for a third round pick. :lol

I love that dude. I would make that trade. He can play all 3 LB spots and rush the passer as a DE.

He would be my #1 free agent target.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If there's any truth to the rumors that Joe Haden is available, I'd make that move now with Claiborne down.

I love the draft but this year might be the year to go all in. The NFC is weak IMO. Atlanta? Minnesota? Very beatable. Seattle is only real obstacle (outside of Jerry Jones).

As far as a safety to replace Church, my guess is they just roll with J.J. Wilcox. I haven't really looked at what safeties might be available in trades.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I love that dude. I would make that trade. He can play all 3 LB spots and rush the passer as a DE.

He would be my #1 free agent target.

Collins is a stud. Prob wanted to much money and shipped off before they got nothing for him. Should be the first pick in the 3rd

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hear we're getting Michael Huff

When the Mario Williams speculation started, the first thing I thought of was Hostile making a Zone appearance telling us all that his source was right and that the team always liked Mario but couldn't get him until now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Havent seen the inactive list for Bears tonight, but hoping they deactivate DE/pass rusher Willie Young, he isn't injured so if he is held out its because they are trading him somewhere tomorrow. Hopefully here.

Reaction score
Packers traded for Kniles Davis then released him after he went 5 carries for 5 yards.

I'd try and trade them one of our backs for a draft pick. Make it conditional... something like McFadden for a 6th which turns into a 5th if they beat us in the playoffs.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
NFL Scoreboard Stats Standings Teams Players Odds NFL Rumors: Joe Haden, Sheldon Richardson, Darren McFadden All On Trading Block by Sam Galanis on Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 1:48PM7,505 Share this: It looks as though there’ll be some solid talent on the trading block this NFL season. Plenty of teams are struggling going into Week 8, so it’s not surprising there are more trade rumors than usual ahead of Tuesday’s deadline. And among them are some key players on the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys. First on the list is cornerback Joe Haden, who the 0-7 Browns reportedly are looking to deal, NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reported Sunday. Haden played just five games last season because of concussion injuries, but he was a Pro Bowler in 2013 and 2014. The 27-year-old missed three games this season, too, but has two interceptions in four games. The Jets could trade Sheldon Richardson, per Rapoport, as they’ve seemed to be moving on from their 2013 first-round pick. Richardson can play linebacker, defensive end and defensive tackle, but he comes with some off-field issues. The 25-year-old was suspended four games in 2014 for violating the league’s substance abuse policy for marijuana and was suspended one game last season after being arrested for fleeing from cops at 143 mph. It sounds as though the name least likely to move, however, is Cowboys running back Darren McFadden. The ‘Boys can afford to move him thanks to breakout star Ezekiel Elliott, but Rapoport reported Dallas is looking for a big haul for McFadden, who still is on the non-football injury list after fracturing his elbow in the offseason.

Read more at: NFL Rumors: Joe Haden, Sheldon Richardson, Darren McFadden All On Trading Block | NFL | NESN.com

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
New England only got a a third for a stud defender. so we're gonna get a haul for an aging, recently injured RB?

Top Bottom