ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Kaepernick benched, maybe we should trade for him... Then when Garrett's simplistic offense doesn't work, he can at least run for a few yards.

Plus we just got beat by a QB who can run... Perfect for Reactionary Jerry.

I'm not serious but with Jerrh anything is possible.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would definitely trade Leary. Escobar as well, but I wouldn't give him away. Witten will be THE TE until he leaves. There are decent TE prospects every year.

I'd trade the crap out of Barry Church but doubt anyone ranks him even close to what the Front Office thinks of him.

I would actually buy a jersey if we traded for Eric Berry. I'd also love to see the team trade for Eric Reid (49ers).

Was there something that had we not traded back, we would have drafted Reid?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We just released Randall

I'm wondering why they didn't try to shop him around and at least get a pick for him

Or maybe a box of chocolates

As opposed to just waiving him

Reaction score
We just released Randall

I'm wondering why they didn't try to shop him around and at least get a pick for him

He's got no trade value. At all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kaepernick benched, maybe we should trade for him... Then when Garrett's simplistic offense doesn't work, he can at least run for a few yards.

Plus we just got beat by a QB who can run... Perfect for Reactionary Jerry.

I'm not serious but with Jerrh anything is possible.

We should just play that run around guy Showers instead. Kaperpick is putrid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We just released Randall

Nobody was going to offer anything for Randle. He's got a ton of issues and is facing an almost certain suspension.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would gladly move on from Morris Claiborne (age 25, $5.175M cap # this year) & Brandon Carr (age 29, $12.7m cap # this year, $13.8M cap # next year) and then sign a couple of no-name free agent CB's like:

Casey Hayward 5-11/192 Green Bay (age 26, $1.05M cap # this year)
Brandon Boykin 5-10/185 Pittsburgh (age 25, $1.5M cap # this year)
Trumaine Johnson 6-2/208 St. Louis (age 25, $1.5M cap # this year)

Obviously as free agents, those 3 are going to get more $ next year, but their first year cap #'s are going to be significantly less than Claiborne's and Carr's.

Corey White is a free agent I would let walk as well. Scandrick is back next year, so him, Byron Jones, and 2 new CB's will improve the secondary. A free safety to replace Church would be a Christmas miracle.

I think Byron Jones is our FS next yr and beyond. Scandrick being back helps, though I wonder how effective he'll be another yr older and coming off ACL rebuild.

I doubt there's any chance Carr and Claiborne are here next yr. If Claiborne keeps playing like he has he'll get a quality offer to leave and go elsewhere. Carr is a surefire cap casualty.

Reaction score
Desperately need a very fast and freaky WR with a history of violence and proven NFL production. Was thinking this guy:

Tennessee Titans: Justin Hunter

Dooley coached him. He's on a stinky team and he's the fourth WR option and still has just five less catches than Terrance Williams. I have a feeling he would have made the right block for Dez on the bubble screen, jumped for any high point pass (78 inch wingspan) and can outrun anyone on the offense not named McFadden and Brice Butler.

Top Bottom