dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I cant read it because I'm not stupid enough to pay for Mike Fisher's super dooper insider stuff, but he has a headline talking about Cowboy blockbuster trade deadline news. Not sure if its speculation or what. Maybe one of you suckers that paid can tell us.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Niners TE Vernon Davis and 7th shipped to Broncos for pair of 6th rd picks. Per ESPN

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
105.3 The FAN ‏@1053thefan 35m35 minutes ago
Jones says #Cowboys "haven't ruled anything out" with #NFL trade deadline approaching.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The only thing that can help right now is renting a competent QB for 3 weeks.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
QB is doubtful with Romo so close to coming back

RB made sense a few weeks ago (Forte?) but my guess is they feel vindicated by McFadden right now

WR makes sense but not sure what we'd give up.

TE nope, we have 4 that the team likes.

OL only if a team is willing to give up a starting caliber RT to replace Free

DE doubtful. Hardy is a beast, Gregory and Lawrence have bright futures, and Mincey is serviceable.

DT should be a target but I don't think the team agrees

LB I guess? Brian Cushing is supposedly available and Navaro Bowman might want out of San Fran but they'd play SAM for us which is a 2-down position. Not really a glaring need.

DB is a huge need but who's going to give us a starting caliber S. If the Texans are willing to dump Cushing, would they be willing to deal Jonathan Joseph? Tramon Williams is having a solid year in Cleveland and is 32. They just signed him to a 3-year deal but his contract is easy to deal.

My guess is Fisher is fishing for $$$$.

Reaction score
Broncos stole Davis.

If Dallas is out of it, I'll seriously root for Peyton and Ware to win it this year.

Reaction score
Regarding Cowboys.... I predicted weeks ago that Jerry might pull a splashy trade in the Roy Williams mold to (a) renew enthusiasm for the season to dumb fans and (b) serve as a distraction

Hope we don't though.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Supposedly Browns shopping future Hall of Famer tackle Joe Thomas. Too much of a good thing I know but I'd at least want to know the asking price.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Try to be realistic here....

Who would you trade a 1st round pick for?

Player probably needs to come from a team out of it.

Miami, Cleveland, Baltimore, Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, San Diego, Chicago, Detroit, and San Francisco.

That list should include us but you know damn well Jerry thinks we are still going to the Super Bowl.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Try to be realistic here....

Who would you trade a 1st round pick for?

Player probably needs to come from a team out of it.

Miami, Cleveland, Baltimore, Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, San Diego, Chicago, Detroit, and San Francisco.

That list should include us but you know damn well Jerry thinks we are still going to the Super Bowl.

I think for me to give up a 1st it'd have to be for QB of the future, otherwise with our current situation I am not sure anybody on those rosters is worth the risk for us. If they hadn't signed T Crawford to that extension I'd think about a starting caliber DT.

In terms of us, they might consider shopping Leary or Escobar. Maybe Wilcox since it seems they are down on him. I wouldn't trade Escobar because I still think if he were given the opportunities to be THE guy at TE he'd produce similar to the way Bennett has since he left. I also don't know how much Witten has left in the tank.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would definitely trade Leary. Escobar as well, but I wouldn't give him away. Witten will be THE TE until he leaves. There are decent TE prospects every year.

I'd trade the crap out of Barry Church but doubt anyone ranks him even close to what the Front Office thinks of him.

I would actually buy a jersey if we traded for Eric Berry. I'd also love to see the team trade for Eric Reid (49ers).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would actually buy a jersey if we traded for Eric Berry. I'd also love to see the team trade for Eric Reid (49ers).

Would love either of those, also read Chargers were shopping Eric Weddle

Agree with you on Church, but he sux and I cant see anyone parting with anything of value for him. Although I'd be thrilled to land a 6th or 7th for him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Weddle or Reid would be great.

That would be funny if we got Reid, though, after Steve made the smug remark about how his draft spot was too rich for us.

But come on guys, we know it'll be more like OJ Santiago Part II. Or Roy Williams. :facepalm

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If we're talking tradable commodities currently on the team, I think the only tradable piece we currently have is like a Sean Lee if we're talking players that would command a high pick.

Everything across the offensive line worth trading is too valuable to part with. Most everything is shitty.

Almost forgot Morris Claiborn, he's come back to be not the worst player I've ever seen in coverage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Almost forgot Morris Claiborn, he's come back to be not the worst player I've ever seen in coverage.

He's one of the few guys that's played above expectations this yr. Granted what we all expected was pretty much nothing so the bar was really low, but he has not been horrible so far. This might be his best season so far.

Probably wont be here, but someone may give him a decent contract next yr as FA.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would gladly move on from Morris Claiborne (age 25, $5.175M cap # this year) & Brandon Carr (age 29, $12.7m cap # this year, $13.8M cap # next year) and then sign a couple of no-name free agent CB's like:

Casey Hayward 5-11/192 Green Bay (age 26, $1.05M cap # this year)
Brandon Boykin 5-10/185 Pittsburgh (age 25, $1.5M cap # this year)
Trumaine Johnson 6-2/208 St. Louis (age 25, $1.5M cap # this year)

Obviously as free agents, those 3 are going to get more $ next year, but their first year cap #'s are going to be significantly less than Claiborne's and Carr's.

Corey White is a free agent I would let walk as well. Scandrick is back next year, so him, Byron Jones, and 2 new CB's will improve the secondary. A free safety to replace Church would be a Christmas miracle.

Top Bottom