cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So what if pick 28 gets here and the clear best player on the board is a RT or Guard. Do you take him or reach for a defensive player that's clearly a 2nd round pick?

if Cam Robinson or Ryan Ramczyk fall to 28, it probably means there was a serious run on defensive players, and they very well could be BPA. Or, if Garret Bolles is the BPA, and assuming you can't get a good offer to trade down, you take the tackle and you make Doug Free a June 1st cut.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
if Cam Robinson or Ryan Ramczyk fall to 28, it probably means there was a serious run on defensive players, and they very well could be BPA. Or, if Garret Bolles is the BPA, and assuming you can't get a good offer to trade down, you take the tackle and you make Doug Free a June 1st cut.

All those OTs will not be there. Seattle is desperate for O Line help, but lets say one or all are there. Lets also say whoever is there is the highest ranked player on the board. I am in full agreement they need to move on from Free, I still dont see them taking O Line there. I have read repeatedly that Chaz Green is the next RT for this team. Yep, the same guy who makes Claiborne look durable. Sure it is fool hardy but they have tried more idiotic stuff than that.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Cowboys met with Pitt OT Adam Bisnowaty at the Senior Bowl. He's Brugler's 6th ranked OT. Sounds like he could be a candidate for another Travis Frederick type trade down and take him later 1st, or early 2nd.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Bucky Brooks from NFL.com has Cowboys taking DE Solomon Thomas from Stanford in his first mock. Don't know much about him yet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bucky Brooks from NFL.com has Cowboys taking DE Solomon Thomas from Stanford in his first mock. Don't know much about him yet.

Good player, not sure he makes it to where we draft though.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I want a stud LB and a DE that can provide pressure in bursts. Who is the baddest mofo LB we have a chance to draft? Sean Lee is awesome, but he can't carry the defense. Lee is 30 years old.

Last edited:

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I want a stud LB and a DE that can provide pressure in bursts. Who is the baddest mofo LB we have a chance to draft? Sean Lee is awesome, but he can't carry the defense. Lee is 30 years old.

I agree. Linebacker we should address. Do you think I can make the argument that Marinelli heavy emphasis on Dline rotations could also be hindering us. Many of those guys are rhythm based guys; therefore heavy substitutions could also hinder that rhythm.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Zach Cunningham from Vanderbilt would be great. He's a tackling machine, and he's big and extremely athletic. And if by miracle Jaylon can get back on the field they would have an amazing trio at LB. they would also have solid depth with Hitchens and Wilson.

Reaction score
I agree. Linebacker we should address. Do you think I can make the argument that Marinelli heavy emphasis on Dline rotations could also be hindering us. Many of those guys are rhythm based guys; therefore heavy substitutions could also hinder that rhythm.

No it's not Marinelli's fault that the D-line is in need of such rotational players and turnover. Commentators this season said that the Dallas D-line is under talented but "Marinelli is an old school coach and would never complain. He will just work with what he has and not make excuses." When it was Sapp, Simeon Rice, McFarland and Spires, they were not taking them out all throughout the game. They had the talent playing the most reps. Also, the DBs for the Tampa 2 were punishing tackling machines so that's another difference. Dallas has hard working T-Crawford not even close to being Warren Sapp and aspiring Senator Byron Jones not being anywhere near John Lynch. Garrett's years in who is considered a potent defensive prospect seems to start and end with character, reliability, and effort which makes good offensive linemen and Boy Scouts but very ineffective and pathetic individual defensive players.

That said, Collins and Brown seem to have some talent and some grit. But I could see Jason try to draft Jordan Herdsman in the second round because he's a Canadian hardworking Lb with a lot of D-II tackles, but slow, undersized and easily blocked.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Marinelli has never had elite level talent to work with. I'd like to see him get it and see how his defense is meant to work.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Marinelli has never had elite level talent to work with. I'd like to see him get it and see how his defense is meant to work.

I would love for us to really find a Diamond in the Rough such as a undrafted free agent at Corner and/or Linebacker. Especially the Defensive back. Those guys come in hungry

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I got benched for a week at the 'zone for telling hostile to show us that picture of the plastic army men he knew. Totally worth it.

Is he posting at the zone again? What thread did you make your post?

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Fuck Marinelli.

He has been shit to close but no cigar everywhere he has been without elite talent.

He will never be a SB winning DC.

Reaction score
Fuck Marinelli.

He has been shit to close but no cigar everywhere he has been without elite talent.

He will never be a SB winning DC.

I don't know about that. If the game plan was to run the ball and keep Rodgers or anyone else off the field and the defense fresh. It could have worked. Marinelli worked a lot of magic but calling effective offensive plays and unstupid strategies were beyond his magic.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know about that. If the game plan was to run the ball and keep Rodgers or anyone else off the field and the defense fresh. It could have worked. Marinelli worked a lot of magic but calling effective offensive plays and unstupid strategies were beyond his magic.

Wasn't the defense fresh on those first 3 drives? Shit were they tired after 5 damn plays or something?

We scored 31 points. We had over 400 yards, a ton of first downs and more TOP than GB. We didn't lose the game because of the offense.

Top Bottom