Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Matt Cassel will be your starter on the other side of the bye.

I remember seeing Witten on the sideline talking to Cassel late in the game. There's no way to know for sure, but I think he was probably telling Cassel to get ready because he's up next game. It looked as if Witten was in desperation mode.

Or maybe Witten is gay for Cassel. Idk.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saw that too and I was thinking the same exact thing. Cassel will start the next game but I'm not so sure it will make any difference. This is just a bad team with a horrendous HC. I like the fact that he's being exposed without Romo. The scum bag should give most of his pay to Romo because the only one that's kept him employed.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'd be shocked if he didn't start.

At this point though, I'd say our best hope is for the Giants to watch too much of this tape the last couple weeks and overlook us. But the way they embarrassed themselves at the end of our first game works against that.

Anyone heard anything about JJP? Any chance he plays?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thanks Six. I did google it for a second and it seems like the best they're hoping for is that he comes back last quarter of the season or so, maybe a game or two before that. So we should be okay on that front in two weeks.

Dodger said:
Saw that too and I was thinking the same exact thing. Cassel will start the next game but I'm not so sure it will make any difference. This is just a bad team with a horrendous HC. I like the fact that he's being exposed without Romo. The scum bag should give most of his pay to Romo because the only one that's kept him employed.
Well said. Glad more people (not here) finally seem to be realizing this. The guy is an empty suit who adds nothing except an acceptable and media-friendly face for Jerry.

At the very least, you'd think in all notebooks he's filled in all those visits to famous coaches he'd have learned to take responsibility every once in a while, but nope. Never once has he said he hasn't had the team prepared. I think he's so arrogant he actually believes his great coaching is what made this team win last year and not his players, primarily his QB. Glad he's being exposed in front of more people now and I hope it continues, because Tony is the one who deserves credit.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just get a kick of Garrett's blank stare on gameday as the team falls apart around him and it's obvious that he's completely clueless how to even begin to solve the problem.

186047541_8.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just get a kick of Garrett's blank stare on gameday as the team falls apart around him and it's obvious that he's completely clueless how to even begin to solve the problem.
To me it was quite telling, when we stuffed Blount on that 3rd and one? Frikkin NICE job by the D, the cammer affixes on Garrett, and he is NOT clapping? WTF, is this dude schizophrenic?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
To be fair, it's not just Romo, it's Dez too, add in that we lost Murray in free agency and the new triplets are not playing. Now, I didn't think we'd be world beaters without them, but I also did not see that they were gonna give Weeden the reigns past that first game he lost. I think it was that we kept it close 2 games and his stat line showed he was doing well. But the fact that he played Weeden and never once waivered during the game made me shake my head. You have Cassel sitting on the side line, it's obvious We Done isn't gonna get it done, why not try out Cassel at least for the 2nd half to see if we need to go with Moore instead. We have got to try something, if they think we will make the play offs right now, they are mistaken. We should be 4-1 right now. Without Romo til week 11, we might as well keep losing and grab a QB in the first or 2nd and let them sit behind Romo til he's done or too broken.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We Done isn't gonna get it done, why not try out Cassel at least for the 2nd half to see if we need to go with Moore instead. We have got to try something, if they think we will make the play offs right now, they are mistaken. We should be 4-1 right now. Without Romo til week 11, we might as well keep losing and grab a QB in the first or 2nd and let them sit behind Romo til he's done or too broken.
Isn't it your job as head coach, to win the fucking game? And there was more than enough evidence at the half to safely and reasonable conclude Weedhead wasn't gonna win this game for you.

It's like Garrett doesn't seem to mind, losses.

Reaction score
To me, it's not so much that were losing.

It's how utterly inept we look.

Abandoning the run and blowing an 11 point lead to Atlanta is bad. Washington, with a crap QB, took Atlanta to OT in their house.

Our gameplan against the Saints was bad. And I think they're a 4 win team this year. We should've won that.

Our gameplan against the Patriots was terrible.

We suck at half time adjustments. Were easy to defend. I could go on.

And honestly Weeden isn't a get out of jail free card. Garrett wanted Weeden. Two years in a row. Garrett saw the same thing we did last night and stuck with him at the half. Said we just needed to "keep banging." Wtf?

Injuries are one thing. Coaches should still be able to put players in the position to succeed. Garrett doesn't.

We keep hearing about how Garrett built this incredible roster full of RKG's who all buy into him. But were totally dependent on two players?? Did we look like world beaters against the giants? Or against the eagles before romo went out?

Reaction score
To me, it's not so much that were losing.

It's how utterly inept we look.

Abandoning the run and blowing an 11 point lead to Atlanta is bad. Washington, with a crap QB, took Atlanta to OT in their house.

Our gameplan against the Saints was bad. And I think they're a 4 win team this year. We should've won that.

Our gameplan against the Patriots was terrible.

We suck at half time adjustments. Were easy to defend. I could go on.

And honestly Weeden isn't a get out of jail free card. Garrett wanted Weeden. Two years in a row. Garrett saw the same thing we did last night and stuck with him at the half. Said we just needed to "keep banging." Wtf?
U

Injuries are one thing. Coaches should still be able to put players in the position to succeed. Garrett doesn't.

We keep hearing about how Garrett built this incredible roster full of RKG's who all buy into him. But were totally dependent on two players?? Did we look like world beaters against the giants? Or against the eagles before romo went out?

To me it was quite telling, when we stuffed Blount on that 3rd and one? Frikkin NICE job by the D, the cammer affixes on Garrett, and he is NOT clapping? WTF, is this dude schizophrenic?

He doesn't care about the defense. He would gladly have six straight 3 and outs and just keep handing the ball to a rapidly fatiguing defense and just expect them to make stops. The defense and special teams are allowed deceptions, formation changes, elements of surprise, tricks and outliers; they improve when they are coached and the players respond. The offensive play book has not changed since Jason got here and the only change in the play calling is how much running plays that Jason will allow. Weeden was only brought in for one reason and that had nothing to do with his skill, winning ways or potential: he's was already trained by Norv. So Jason is stuck with his immutable playbook, a philosophy where he has limited the choices of plays (no tricks and limit the running), a terrible QB, WRs who were most likely hand-selected by Jason's father, and a complete lack of understanding of how to win a game.

So with Romo on the sideline and the defense improving, the Jason coaching era has officially started where the responsibility is completely on him and he wants no part of it.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He doesn't care about the defense. He would gladly have six straight 3 and outs and just keep handing the ball to a rapidly fatiguing defense and just expect them to make stops. The defense and special teams are allowed deceptions, formation changes, elements of surprise, tricks and outliers; they improve when they are coached and the players respond. The offensive play book has not changed since Jason got here and the only change in the play calling is how much running plays that Jason will allow.
Funny you say that, the radio guys were saying as the game started that Marinelli was going with an unusual 3-3-5 alignment for this game. Why, he wanted to have his thee best rushers plus Lee and McClain available to blitz in the A gaps to put pressure on Brady. It goes against his 4-3 grain, but he was trying to get his best players on the field while still having a nickel to defend the pass. And just about when Laufenberg was saying that, McClain got the sack on that first series.

I was thinking right then, go against your nature? Come up with something different to get your best players on the field? Would never happen on offense.

I mean, this is a guy so conservative and so set in his ways, he kicks a FG on 4th and 2 at the opponent's 10 when he's down 20-3 in the third quarter and his offense has barely gotten any first downs. I couldn't believe that. That showed the tiny little raisin-size balls he had right there.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's all about the script. There is absolutely no deviation from it.

From the coach speak on down.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I mean, this is a guy so conservative and so set in his ways, he kicks a FG on 4th and 2 at the opponent's 10 when he's down 20-3 in the third quarter and his offense has barely gotten any first downs. I couldn't believe that. That showed the tiny little raisin-size balls he had right there.

Also showed that he wasn't trying to win the game either.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Funny you say that, the radio guys were saying as the game started that Marinelli was going with an unusual 3-3-5 alignment for this game. Why, he wanted to have his thee best rushers plus Lee and McClain available to blitz in the A gaps to put pressure on Brady. It goes against his 4-3 grain, but he was trying to get his best players on the field while still having a nickel to defend the pass. And just about when Laufenberg was saying that, McClain got the sack on that first series.

I was thinking right then, go against your nature? Come up with something different to get your best players on the field? Would never happen on offense.

That pissed me off more than anything

4th and 2 at the 10 down by 17 against the SB champs who were averaging 39 points a game and you kick a FG? WTF Carrot Top? You have no business being a HC

we needed every TD we could get and he plays it safe and goes for the easy 3!

Worst case scenario the pats take over within 10 yards of the GL

With the way we were sacking Brady up to that point there was a chance to back them up further or even get a safety in the best case scenario

Carrot Top is the death of this team! Even with all of our injuries we could have won every single game with simple good coaching

Instead we are 2-3 when we should be 4-1

Reaction score
I love this new found Ginger hatred. Nice to have some more people aboard the obvious train that departed 6 years ago.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love this new found Ginger hatred. Nice to have some more people aboard the obvious train that departed 6 years ago.

New found? We've been on the train for quite a while. Welcome aboard.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That pissed me off more than anything

4th and 2 at the 10 down by 17 against the SB champs who were averaging 39 points a game and you kick a FG? WTF Carrot Top? You have no business being a HC

we needed every TD we could get and he plays it safe and goes for the easy 3!

Worst case scenario the pats take over within 10 yards of the GL

With the way we were sacking Brady up to that point there was a chance to back them up further or even get a safety in the best case scenario

Carrot Top is the death of this team! Even with all of our injuries we could have won every single game with simple good coaching

Instead we are 2-3 when we should be 4-1

The Steelers just won with (gasp!!!!) a back-up QB on a gutsy 4th down call at the goal line with 4 seconds left. They're 3 and 2 and still in the hunt when Ben comes back. I hate the Steelers. But I think I hate Garrett even more.

Top Bottom