MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We just need to get better up front. The weapons on offense are more than anyone could ask for, imo. The pass blocking isn't the greatest but Romo can create and help them out of sticky situations. The run blocking needs to get better in a hurry.

We all have talked about how bad of a pass blocking unit this is... But it's gone 110 pass attempts without yielding a sack.

Maybe we need to upgrade them a little.

sbk92

Reaction score
We all have talked about how bad of a pass blocking unit this is... But it's gone 110 pass attempts without yielding a sack.

Maybe we need to upgrade them a little.

This has always been a better pass blocking line than run blocking.

Whenever we line up and just run the football without the trickery of draws and delays, we are laughably bad. We get dominated week in and week out.

It's to the point where now everybody's praising the line after averaging 3.7 yards a carry on Sunday.

~flush~ and start over.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This has always been a better pass blocking line than run blocking.

Whenever we line up and just run the football without the trickery of draws and delays, we are laughably bad. We get dominated week in and week out.

It's to the point where now everybody's praising the line after averaging 3.7 yards a carry on Sunday.

~flush~ and start over.

They can win with a 3.7 ypc average.

sbk92

Reaction score
You should watch some more games mate. ;)

Happened out in Oakland.

No it didn't.

The only way that's possible is if Moss is slowing down to make a catch or Newman has an angle.

Because there is no way in hell Newman would just run him down from behind in a foot race.

sbk92

Reaction score
They can win with a 3.7 ypc average.

They can win with a couple of turnovers a game too.

But both are bad. And both are something you have to overcome.

If you're praising your line after that performance, you probably have a giant sack of shat along the offensive line.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No it didn't.

The only way that's possible is if Moss is slowing down to make a catch or Newman has an angle.

Because there is no way in hell Newman would just run him down from behind in a foot race.

Yes he did.

"In the loss at Oakland (10/2), made the defensive play of the game, catching Randy Moss from behind at the Dallas seven-yard line to save a touchdown and force a Raiders field goal."

This comes from the extremeskins.com archives...

October-20th-2005, 04:20 AM
randy moss is slow as ****. in week 4 (vs. dallas) their cb terence newman owned him. randy turned his head while running full speed but newman caught him from behind. twas funny though how helpless randy looked when he turned his head and saw neman coming

sbk92

Reaction score
Yes he did.

"In the loss at Oakland (10/2), made the defensive play of the game, catching Randy Moss from behind at the Dallas seven-yard line to save a touchdown and force a Raiders field goal."

This comes from the extremeskins.com archives...

October-20th-2005, 04:20 AM
randy moss is slow as ****. in week 4 (vs. dallas) their cb terence newman owned him. randy turned his head while running full speed but newman caught him from behind. twas funny though how helpless randy looked when he turned his head and saw neman coming

I'd have to see the supposed play to see what happened.

Don't tell me Newman is as fast on a football field as Randy Moss.

sbk92

Reaction score
People are praising Barber now. What did he average, like 2 and half yards per carry or something?

Wow. Is that bar low anymore.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
They can win with a couple of turnovers a game too.

But both are bad. And both are something you have to overcome.

If you're praising your line after that performance, you probably have a giant sack of shat along the offensive line.

The NFL average is historically right around 4.0 ypc, so 3.7 isn't that far off. Plus this is a pretty wicked passing attack.

Wasn't it Parcells who said he didn't give a shat what the ypc average was? One of his SB winners only averaged like 3.6 ypc for the entire season.

Remove, Marion "I dance behind the LOS because I like to" Barber and you'll see an improved ypc average for the team.

sbk92

Reaction score
The NFL average is historically right around 4.0 ypc, so 3.7 isn't that far off. Plus this is a pretty wicked passing attack.

So it's below average?

Which would be.....bad?

And we're happy with it?

Way to prove me right.

BTW, .3 of a yard is pretty substantial in terms of per carry stats. That probably drops you 7 or 8 spots in the rankings.

Wasn't it Parcells who said he didn't give a shat what the ypc average was? One of his SB winners only averaged like 3.6 ypc for the entire season.

I agree with that. The all timer is saying run it regardless of the success. I think that's true because it helps the passing game and also protects the QB.

But now ask Parcells if 3.7 per carry is something you should be happy and content with. Ask him if that's something he'd try to improve.

Remove, Marion "I dance behind the LOS because I like to" Barber and you'll see an improved ypc average for the team.

True only because of Felix's big play potential. He'd go for 1, 2, 1, 3, then 60 and inflate the average based off of his own ability.

I think Barber dances mainly because his blockers suck and he has to.

I know if I ran behind this line I'd have no faith whatsoever in their ability to open up lanes for me.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Roy did well. I can praise the guy when he does right. However, I'm not ready to stand in line and drink the Kool-Aid on Roy just yet. I've seen it before: just when you think he's turned the corner, he reverts.

Roy just needs to keep doing what he has the last game. When either Witten and Austin are not doing so well, this is where and what he needs to do.

sbk92

Reaction score
Or when the coverages dictate it's Roy's day, run the routes correctly and catch the football.

Austin was fine on Sunday. They just decided to take him away and it left Roy and Dez the freedom to make plays.

With this offense, just look at the overall numbers at the end of the game rather than individual performances. Romo had no problem throwing the football, despite the fact his lead receiver caught 2 balls for 20 yards. That's a good sign.

Cythim

Reaction score
Newman didn't just catch Randy from behind, he started 10 yards back and smoked him.

[video=youtube;CATHO_2onWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CATHO_2onWM[/video]

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I was at that game. We had 4 shots from inside the 10 and couldn't win it at the end.

sbk92

Reaction score
It looked to me like Moss wasn't even running on that play.

He was dogging it in Oakland.

Top Bottom