Reaction score
Right. But you keep asserting I said, "our personnel sucks because we haven't had more guys leave."

I haven't said anything about guys actually leaving.
So your issue with my statement is that I gave you a better position?

How do you know when teams want your guys? I would say a number of ways... 1) They leave as free agents. 2) They are given offers by other teams. 3) They are taking interviews or phone calls, or are having conversations with other teams. And there's probably others. I turned your broad statement into a narrower statement, one which actually helped your position, because it takes out the other two ways of other teams showing interest that I just mentioned, and you take issue with that?

It's true that we have only lost three players from our roster at the end of last season to free agency. But that's not the only way you prove other teams want them. If that's the position you want to maintain, then you're going to have to deal with Dunbar and Hanna... which you wouldn't have to with my statement.

And notice, you are still just looking at the last 4 days. Those 4 compensatory picks we're getting in the draft don't mean anything to you.

I also haven't seen one fucking thing showing any or our players were MADE OFFERS by any other team. (Besides the ones actually signed away.)
Oh, now you want offers made too? I thought it was just pursuit. How do you know who got offers and who didn't? Just because you haven't seen it reported, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

The entire league knows that for the most part, our player personnel including our free agents, suck.
So Cleveland and Buffalo must have had the best personnel right?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So your issue with my statement is that I gave you a better position?
Actually wasn't a better position, and it was also not accurate. You like to change people's positions then argue against the replacement position.

I think we suck, Jerry and his lackeys think they're sitting on a pat hand, and reality is somewhere in the middle. Just like our .500 results the last 20 years - the middle.

And I'm not above some good ole hyperbole to express my disdain.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Saying our players suck is a scape goat for our resident red headed idiot. He is such a bad coach, it brings the players down. Heck, even Weeden managed to win with lust a few weeks in a new system once he got away from Garrett who has lived off of Romo from the beginning.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Saying our players suck is a scape goat for our resident red headed idiot. He is such a bad coach, it brings the players down. Heck, even Weeden managed to win with lust a few weeks in a new system once he got away from Garrett who has lived off of Romo from the beginning.
Logical. As I admitted, I'm guilty of hyperbole. But there's also little doubt that outside of a handful of bona fide stars our player personnel for the most part does suck. But I do concede this is more a product of parity in general than anything else. League is full of mediocre teams, by design.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFL network has been playing the Redzone replay for each week of last season. Today they are on week three. We played the Falcons that week.

It's sad, we get to go back and relive the pain of 2015 all over again each week until football starts again

One thing that is glaringly apparent is that our guys were not in shape. I noticed it last week and am seeing it again in week 3. There is NO excuse for your team to enter a game out of shape!!! That is 100% a failure on the part of the coaches! That should never have happened. Not once. But it happened every single game every single week all season long!

That is one of the main factors we couldn't close out games in the 4th quarter.

If we do nothing else this season we better at least show up in shape on game day

Whoever the strength and conditioning coach was for last year should be fired!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What did you see that made you conclude they were out of shape?

The strength and conditioning coach has like 6 Super Bowl rings and was here under Jimmy, went to work for Belichik in NE and came back a few years ago.

If what you're saying is true, I wonder what has changed because I know that being in excellent shape was a huge issue for Jimmys teams. Seems like he always said something like "being tired will make cowards of everyone"

If true, I'm guessing the reason is the limited number of contact practices and time allowed for practice and training in general.

There shouldn't be any limits on that this imo, god knows their getting paid enough and the careers aren't long enough to worry about the extra time it may require. Guarantee, most people making the kind of money the players are aren't putting in 40 hour weeks

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Was it the defense that looked gassed? It might of had something to do with the fact that the defense was in the field for what seemed like 90% of the game. The offense kept going 3 and out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was it the defense that looked gassed? It might of had something to do with the fact that the defense was in the field for what seemed like 90% of the game. The offense kept going 3 and out.

We weren't as good as last yr in TOP, but we finished 13th this yr at 31:07 per game. Also I don't know what the final number was but in December within one of our games they showed a stat that said we had more 5 minute+ drives than any team in football.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes it was the defense. Our Offense could never stay on the field long enough to get gassed

Yes the defense was on the field longer than they had hoped. But after having them get gassed at the end of the game in both weeks 1 and 2 their conditioning should have been addressed and corrected for the remainder of the season. Yet we continued to see it game after game every game all season long!

These pro athletes get paid well to do what they do with damn near every single player having signed a MULTI million dollar contract to play in this league

They get paid to be in the best shape possible for 20 plus games each season

There is ZERO excuses for anyone on this or any other NFL team to be "out of shape"

And I'm not talking 100 yard play and the guy is winded at the end of the play

I'm talking 2nd and 3rd down in both the 3rd and 4th quarter and more than one player is bent over with his hands on his hips

That shit don't fly in my book! EVER!

You get paid millions of dollars to put forth 60 minutes of extreme effort. That's the expectation, not the exception!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wonder what has changed
The collective bargaining agreement changed. Ya can't enforce offseason conditioning anymore like before. Whole league was out of shape, not just the Boys. But Dallas was MORE out of shape and pretty much stayed out of shape.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Probably goes back to the cotton candy training camp we ran which many of us talked about as it was happening, not in hindsight.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Probably goes back to the cotton candy training camp we ran which many of us talked about as it was happening, not in hindsight.
I complained all last season on here, about how out of shape we were. And then I came to realize it was the entire league, we were just staying out of shape as the season progressed while most teams got in better shape as the season progressed.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I get that you can't hit as much, but you should still be in great condition. I'm not aware of any rule that players can't be run like they used to be.

But you can't get in shape when you tell the coaches or Joneses that you feel a little twinge and immediately get sent to the trainer. Same thing happened during the week, I'm sure.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I get that you can't hit as much, but you should still be in great condition. I'm not aware of any rule that players can't be run like they used to be.
There's a whole list of cans and cants in the new CBA relating to offseason conditioning programs and training camp. Idea of it being, the players are adults and know what is "in shape" for them.
But you can't get in shape when you tell the coaches or Joneses that you feel a little twinge and immediately get sent to the trainer. Same thing happened during the week, I'm sure.
True too. This is why the rest of the league slowly got in shape, and we never did.

Top Bottom