Reaction score
WGAF if Romo played poorly? He's at least shown the ability to win multiple games against good teams. Ginger hasn't.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I absolutely did not. YOU said, "It's always someone else's fault." Not me. Nobody's ever said that here.Bullshit. It's about the same as if i said you always blame the players.

No one ALWAYS does or says, anything.

HERE is what I said:

"The problem is...

NOT Romo's three picks.

The PROBLEM IS.... Apparent total lack of scouting on Carolina's defensive tendencies.

We ran right into their buzzsaw, then acted all surprised. Because we WERE surprised.

THIS is the issue. NOT Tony's performance.

There is ZERO coaching going on here."

In this thread and in others though, I DID question Tony's condition and mindset based upon his near-dead look in pregame. He looked like he was either asleep, wanted to be asleep, or was drugged. Maybe too many pain killers? We don't know.

What I am NOT saying is he just went out there by himself and shit the bed. He had help from this miserable scouting and coaching. We had ZERO answers for this defense.

The problem was not Tony. The problem was he wasn't put in the best position to succeed against that opponent, and that falls on the coaching.

You're pretending Romo's gaffes weren't mostly due to bad or incorrect preparation - Romo said he was prepped? Study long, study wrong. You really think Ginger and his staff can game plan?

You have no answers other than the infantile, "Romo shit the bed."

Right, you are blaming the coaches for Romo's bad performance

Hence why I said "always someone else's fault"

So when he plays good or has an MVP season like last yr, is that because in those games/season the coaching was great?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Right, you are blaming the coaches for Romo's bad performance
You're not reading. Unsurprising.

So when he plays good or has an MVP season like last yr, is that because in those games/season the coaching was great?
As you have often said, that was IN SPITE of the bad coaching.

Thanksgiving day, the Boy couldn't overcome being fed to a buzzsaw. Maybe drugs? Painkillers? Who knows. But anyone with even the slightest critical eye for detail could see we were NOT at all prepared for this defense.

The players were not put in a position to succeed against that opponent. Of that there is no doubt.

The problem with this team ain't the quarterback play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The problem with this team ain't the quarterback play.

For some of this year it has been. Weeden was awful vs New England. Cassel was awful vs NYG. Romo was awful against Carolina. In those 3 games the QB play gave us virtually no chance to win. All three of them made poor throws and bad decisions in those games. All three of them missed wide open guys with what should have been pretty easy completions.

There's plenty of other stuff to blame too. Awful tackling. Awful defense at the worst times. Mediocre OL play.

But bad preparation was not what caused Romo, Cassel and Weeden to have bad games in the three named above.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dbair, you can say "he just had a bad game" and that's fair. I agree, he did have a bad game. But I contend it was mostly due to complete unpreparedness for this opponent. This is based on what I saw us trying to do with Tony in there, and then after as well. We weren't well prepared defensively either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're not reading. Unsurprising.

then you don't understand your own words, which I gues isn't all that surprising

The players were not put in a position to succeed against that opponent. Of that there is no doubt.

Carolina and New England are better than us, of that there is no doubt.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
For some of this year it has been.
My statement was blanket, for this team with Romo in and healthy. Not about backups.

BUT, why are our backups sucky? Because they suck - so then why are they our backups?

Bad coaching. Bad planning. Bad prep.
But bad preparation was not what caused Romo, Cassel and Weeden to have bad games in the three named above.
Bad prep was Romo's main problem Thanksgiving day. I won't address your deflections and Red Herrings the backup QBs represent.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Carolina and New England are better than us, of that there is no doubt.
Neither is much better if at all, player personnel wise.

Both however are far better coached and prepped.

Understand yet?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It is right, 100 percent.

Neither team is better than us, from a player personnel perspective. So you're left with coaching and prep, that makes them much better than we are.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But I keep trying, in trying to debate YOU. LOL

You REALLY believe NE and Carolina have better player personnel? Better enough that they wipe us out?

In the state we're in this yr? Yep

Both those teams are better stocked. How many of our defensive guys would start for either of them right now? Not very many. Carolina's defense is extremely talented.

We've got great OL talent, but unfortunately our two best players have been hurt and/or missed a lot of the season. When we played those teams both of them were far healthier than we were.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In the state we're in this yr? Yep

Both those teams are better stocked. How many of our defensive guys would start for either of them right now? Not very many. Carolina's defense is extremely talented.

We've got great OL talent, but unfortunately our two best players have been hurt and/or missed a lot of the season. When we played those teams both of them were far healthier than we were.
Both teams are loaded in different areas than we are. The nature of the NFL beast is parity which is proven to make the talent levels of the teams fairly even, with exceptions here and there of course.

That means it is coaching and prep making most of the difference - and s0n, that means conditioning too. Teams that require their players to be in shape just seem to do better even if they're not as talented as the opponent. Because it really doesn't matter how good or talented you are if you fucking run out of gas.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo himself said he felt like he was a step behind all last game. He didn't expand as to why. That's why he was splashing cold water on his face. To wake up/snap out of it

So something was obviously off with him that day especially evidenced by his poor performance and decision making throughout the game

Not debating anything here, just making a statement from what I heard

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo himself said he felt like he was a step behind all last game. He didn't expand as to why. That's why he was splashing cold water on his face. To wake up/snap out of it

So something was obviously off with him that day especially evidenced by his poor performance and decision making throughout the game

Not debating anything here, just making a statement from what I heard

Trying to take the team upon his back as usual, because of lack of coaching.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Carolina wasn't healthier than we were. Can't blame that one on injuries at all.

Nobody blamed it on injuries, but they are not as beat up as we were either.

For starters, their QB is 100%, ours wasnt (in a number of ways)

Top Bottom