Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
is.... NOT Romo's three picks.

The PROBLEM IS.... Apparent total lack of scouting on Carolina's defensive tendencies.

We ran right into their buzzsaw, then acted all surprised. Because we WERE surprised.

THIS is the issue. NOT Tony's performance.

There is ZERO coaching going on here.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Agreed
The rest of the season is going to be a repeat of the last 7 losses.

We have just enough talent to keep the games close but lack the coaching to pull out a single win without a pro bowl QB

WITH Romo in the game we stood a chance at overcoming the coaching short comings

Without him.....
Well we know that story

If Garret is going to handcuff Cassel like he did before we will have the same results as before

Not that I think Cassel could save the season. But with the coaching not putting him in the best position to win he doesn't stand a chance

With a second injury to Romo it looks like JJ will have no choice but to start looking for his replacement

But the question is will he?

It would not surprise me one bit of Romo retires after this season

Reaction score
Romo made a number of bad throws. No denying that. He clearly wasn't seeing the whole field. Whether that can be attributed to rust, still, I don't know.

That said, I think our biggest mistake from the coaching staff - offensively, was again remaining so predictable.

Seems everyone just believed Romo would be 100% ready and playing at his elite status, so let him carry us to victory instead of realizing he's rusty, likely still injured, and needed to be at the very least eased into the game. Run a lot. Play action passes. Run some more. Etc. Taking shots at Dez on slants, Beasley in space right off the line, etc. Rely on YAC instead of bombs to Witten down the seam.

Last edited:

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hopefully South Carolina helps us out and hires our special teams coach away (field a punt on the 2 yard line? WTF is that?)

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No need to do any scouting. If the players would just EXECUTE! Then things would take care of themselves.

We lost because there was no BAM!

There was no FINISH!

No BALL! BALL! BALL!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry said that he believes Romo has 4-5 years left in him. So that would put him at 39-40 yo

Great, that means he won't look for his replacement for at least 6 years

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry said that he believes Romo has 4-5 years left in him. So that would put him at 39-40 yo

Great, that means he won't look for his replacement for at least 6 years

And those 4-5 years will be wasted because Garrett will still be the HC.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is no way Romo makes it another 4-5 years

The problem is that JJ actually believes he has his security blanket for the next 4-5 years so we won't act accordingly and find our next franchise QB

If Romo retires at the end of the season his accelerated cap hit would be $32 mil

So that ain't happening
Then $18 if he retires after next year and $9 the following year. So he would have to play for at least three more years just to keep us from being crippled by his salary like we were when Troy retired. In 2001 he left us with $9 mil in dead money that really hurt us.

I see Romo's departure crippling this team in the same way when he leaves

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jerry is still living in the dream world that he was responsible for Dallas winning those 3 Super Bowls in the 90's and he thinks he can do it again...

Funny how we haven't even sniffed a Super Bowl since Jimmy has left

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
is.... NOT Romo's three picks.

The PROBLEM IS.... Apparent total lack of scouting on Carolina's defensive tendencies.

We ran right into their buzzsaw, then acted all surprised. Because we WERE surprised.

There is ZERO coaching going on here.

While true to some extent, you cant fault all the coaches everytime a player fucks up.

All three of Romo's picks were terrible decisions and bad throws.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And those 4-5 years will be wasted because Garrett will still be the HC.

1) Romo probably isnt going to be the starter for 4-5 yrs

2) Garrett definitely wont be the HC for all of them regardless. I still thik he'll get canned if we flop miserably down the stretch this yr.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All three of Romo's picks were terrible decisions and bad throws.
From a guy who looked like he was awoken suddenly from a nap, during pregame. And obviously from a guy who was NOT prepared properly for what he was going to face that day. THAT IS on the coaching. THAT IS on the scouting. What's the JOB of the coach and his staff, if not to put their players in the best position mentally and physically, to be successful?
you cant fault all the coaches everytime a player fucks up.
And.... Nobody does that.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo was definitely off and made some really bad decisions.

This is what happens when you are by yourself out there each week. The man needs a coach.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I have to agree with the dbair on this one. On that 1st INT, it looked like the routes called for the WRs required some patience from Romo: as it appears Beasley was left open on the right, but Romo jumped the gun and threw it to Witten who was being carried right into triple coverage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From a guy who looked like he was awoken suddenly from a nap, during pregame. And obviously from a guy who was NOT prepared properly for what he was going to face that day. THAT IS on the coaching. THAT IS on the scouting. What's the JOB of the coach and his staff, if not to put their players in the best position mentally and physically, to be successful?And.... Nobody does that.

Romo claimed he was ultra prepared and had even started working on them weeks before the game itself.

He played bad, period. So did a lot of others.

Reaction score
Romo claimed he was ultra prepared and had even started working on them weeks before the game itself.

He played bad, period. So did a lot of others.

Or he played the only things he was given.

Go watch the Kuechly interception down the deep middle. The defense lines up causing Romo to adjust at the line. Kuechly goes crazy pointing around as if he had seen this play on tape and knew what was coming. At the snap (and much like the comments that Collinsworth has made over the years of Garrett), Kuechly abandoned the entire middle of the field and ran directly back to the spot where Witten's timing based pattern would occur and caught the ball exactly where the ball was supposed to be.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You absolutely said that. You blamed the coaching for bad decisions and poor throws by the QB.

You and others like you always want to blame any bad play or bad game on coaching. Romo played bad. Most games he plays good. Last Thursday was not one of those unfortunately.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You absolutely said that.
I absolutely did not. YOU said, "It's always someone else's fault." Not me. Nobody's ever said that here.
You and others like you always want to blame any bad play or bad game on coaching.
Bullshit. It's about the same as if i said you always blame the players.

No one ALWAYS does or says, anything.

HERE is what I said:

"The problem is...

NOT Romo's three picks.

There is ZERO coaching going on here."

In this thread and in others though, I DID question Tony's condition and mindset based upon his near-dead look in pregame. He looked like he was either asleep, wanted to be asleep, or was drugged. Maybe too many pain killers? We don't know.

What I am NOT saying is he just went out there by himself and shit the bed. He had help from this miserable scouting and coaching. We had ZERO answers for this defense.

The problem was not Tony. The problem was he wasn't put in the best position to succeed against that opponent, and that falls on the coaching.

You're pretending Romo's gaffes weren't mostly due to bad or incorrect preparation - Romo said he was prepped? Study long, study wrong. You really think Ginger and his staff can game plan?

You have no answers other than the infantile, "Romo shit the bed."

Top Bottom