Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
And Bears LB DJ Williams also carted off today.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Broncos CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie carted off field with leg injury.

Reaction score
49ers cornerback Chris Culliver suffers left knee injury

Posted by Mike Wilkening on August 1, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT

49ers cornerback Chris Culliver suffered a left knee injury Thursday and had to be taken off the field via cart, multiple media outlets reported.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, the injury occurred during a punt drill.

Culliver was “in tears” after the injury, per Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle.

The 24-year-old Culliver is entering his third NFL season. He appeared in all 16 regular-season games in 2012, notching 47 tackles, defending 14 passes and hauling in two interceptions.

The 49ers have had a hard-luck offseason with injuries, with the loss of wide receiver Michael Crabtree (Achilles) the biggest setback to date. Also, star inside linebacker Patrick Willis recently suffered a broken hand.

Reaction score
Brian Baluga has a torn ACL

We’re still several days away from the first full weekend of preseason action, and yet another player is done for the duration.

Per a league source, Packers left tackle Bryan Bulaga has indeed suffered a torn ACL in his knee.

The injury happened during Saturday night’s intra-squad scrimmage. Bulaga didn’t miss a rep, but he complained about a problem with the knee after the practice.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel first reported that Bulaga has a knee injury, and that the team feared it could end his season.

A first-round pick in 2010, Bulaga was moved from right tackle to left tackle during the offseason as the Packers try to improve an offensive line that allowed 51 sacks of quarterback Aaron Rodgers in 2012.

Reaction score
Falcons tackle Mike Johnson hurts leg, leaves facility in ambulance

Posted by Josh Alper on August 6, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT

The Falcons cut Tyson Clabo this spring and left the right tackle job open for a competition between Mike Johnson and Lamar Holmes.

Holmes is currently listed second on the depth chart, but he may be moving up to the top spot after Johnson was injured in Tuesday’s practice. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Johnson suffered an injury to his left leg during 9-on-7 run drills in the team’s joint practice with the Bengals. The injury was serious enough to force Johnson to be carted off the field and he later left the team’s practice facility in an ambulance.

We’ll be on the lookout for updates as to Johnson’s condition, but nothing about that description sounds good. If his absence is a long one, the Falcons may need to dip into their cap space for some help on the line because they’re awfully thin at tackle after Holmes and left tackle Sam Baker.

Johnson, a third-round pick in 2010, played all 16 games and started once for Atlanta last season.

Reaction score
Just saw on ESPN that the Packers are relying on a 4th round rookie to man LT after an injury to their regular starter.

Arkin was a 4th round pick by the way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Chargers and Eagles both lost WR's for season with knee injuries today

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
evil_smile.gif

Reaction score
Eagles WR Arrelious Benn tears ACL

Wide receiver Arrelious Benn tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Benn is the third Eagles player to suffered a season-ending ACL injury this training camp. All three injuries -- wide receiver Jeremy Maclin and linebacker Jason Phillips went down first -- occurred on the same field at the Eagles practice facility.

------------

I want to say that he Eagles were expecting him to be a fairly significant contributor, but I'm not 100% on that. I definitely don't think he was just soem camp body.

Danario Alexander tears ACL, out for year

San Diego Chargers wide Receiver Danario Alexander suffered a torn right ACL during Tuesday’s practice.

Alexander caught 37 passes for 658 yards and seven touchdowns over the final nine games last year.

He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in 2014 after signing a $1.323 million tender in April.

-----------------

Hate to hear it because I picked this guy up in our DCU fantasy league late last year and he won me some games.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If is official..the Falcons lost starting RT Mike Johnson with a fractured ankle.

Reaction score
‏Saints lose Joe Morgan, Kenyon Coleman for season

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 7, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT

The Saints need to change their gris-gris or something.

According to Katherine Terrell of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, an already injury plagued team got more bad news Wednesday, as wide receiver Joe Morgan and defensive end Kenyon Coleman will be lost for the season.

Coleman has a pectoral tear, and Morgan has a torn meniscus and a partially torn ACL, and will undergo surgery today.

Coleman’s loss is tough for a front seven that wasn’t deep to begin with, as he was brought in to help stabilize things during the transition to coordinator Rob Ryan’s 3-4.

Morgan was working with the starters while Marques Colston was on PUP, and was being counted on as a third receiver this year.

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter
Bears announced CB Kelvin Hayden tore his hamstring and is out for the year. What's going on here?

Reaction score
I'm such a dick because I love the fact that so many conference rivals are sustaining injuries.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm such a dick because I love the fact that so many conference rivals are sustaining injuries.

Don't feel guilty. They're loving the fact that we lost all-pro Matt Johnson .. again.

Reaction score
Ouch...

@AdamSchefter 5m
RB Jamaal Charles has left the field on a motorized cart after an apparent injury, per reporters at Chiefs practice.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ouch...

@AdamSchefter 5m
RB Jamaal Charles has left the field on a motorized cart after an apparent injury, per reporters at Chiefs practice.

Hopefully he misses the first two regular season games, then he can come back and go off on the rest of the league all he wants. Especially Philly, Wash and NYG

Top Bottom