Reaction score
Seahawks blocking TE tears his achilles

This time, it was Seahawks tight end Anthony McCoy, according to Mike Garafolo of USA Today. McCoy underwent surgery Thursday to repair the damage, and is expected to miss at least six months.

McCoy started seven games last year (seeing most of his work in two-tight end sets along with Zach Miller), catching 18 passes.

The injury will push rookie Luke Wilson, a fifth-round pick from Rice, into a bigger role.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
NFC west powerhouses had hardly any Injuries last year.

Now they are starting to get them. That's usually how this goes.

Throw in teams with young qb's in the second year. That is two strikes against the hawks.

Reaction score
The New Orleans Saints have suffered a significant loss during Organized Team Activities.

Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that outside linebacker Victor Butler tore his ACL during Tuesday’s OTA session.

Butler had to be helped off the field after a collision with running back Mark Ingram in what was supposed to be a non-contact practice. Saints coach Sean Payton said afterward that he thought the team dodged a bullet and that Butler was not badly hurt, but apparently an MRI showed otherwise.

A 2009 fourth-round pick of the Cowboys, Butler has played his entire NFL career in Dallas but signed with the Saints this year. He was already familiar with the defense run by new Saints coordinator Rob Ryan and was expected to be a starter. Now he is expected to spend the season on injured reserve.

Reaction score
Receiver Jeremy Maclin’s contract year could be getting off to a not-so-good start.

Via multiple reports, Maclin suffered an injury during Eagles practice that has left him on the ground and, as Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com puts it, “writhing in pain.” Maclin was carted off the field.

Per Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the situation “[d]oes not look good.”

While Maclin was down, both coach Chip Kelly and G.M. Howie Roseman walked over to check on Maclin. He left practice with a towel over his head, after trying to put weight on his left leg.

Maclin, a first-round pick in 2009, recently said he expects to be more involved this year. Much of that depends on the severity of his injury.

@JimmyKempski38m
Jeremy Maclin being carted off. He's holding a towel over his head.

@JimmyKempski35m
Missed the play where Maclin got hurt, but the buzz is that he made a catch, seemed fine, started walking back to the huddle, and went down.

Reaction score
@RapSheet: Upon first examination, #Eagles fear a torn ACL and MCL for WR Jeremy Maclin, I’m told.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Everyone's going down. I guess we're lucky we've only lost Crawford, even though I'm very disappointed.

Happens every year. I was wondering who it would be this year.

Reaction score
@RapSheet: Upon first examination, #Eagles fear a torn ACL and MCL for WR Jeremy Maclin, I’m told.

Per Florio: "UPDATE 5:38 p.m. ET: Despite earlier reports that Maclin also may have torn the MCL, a league source tells PFT that Maclin’s MCL and PCL are not damaged."

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter8m
Ravens TE Dennis Pitta is expected to be out for the year with a dislocated hip, per ESPN source.

Top Bottom