ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I ran into Smith at the Combine, and Dallas' 2016 second-round pick is in great spirits, excited about his rehab and ability to just practice, let alone get back into game action.
So he's just hanging out at the combine?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the cz jaylon thread going right now is probably the funniest thing i've read in a long time.

hey, snap a screenshot of jaylon smith jumping on a trampoline and send it to your daughter. does she think jaylon will be able to push off with 70% or more of his max strength with the new brace? now same scenario but ask her if it makes a difference if he's wearing full pads? now ask her what is the best food to eat to cure drop foot?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Umm.... No, pissant. It's instead, exactly what I said. We don't need a new thread, every time this fucking gimp takes a piss. This ain't rocket science, asshole.

I think the one gimp thread is the right call. Everybody and their brother are coming out with articles on a daily basis about his future. Today it was Albert Breer's turn. After a while it is enough already. It should be painfully obvious to most people where this headed. This way we can keep everything, particularly the denial to a minimum.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ya but theoneandonly...

too bad you didn't read the tweet from jaylon smith's cousin's chiropractor this morning.

he said he spoke to jaylon's nerve over the weekend and came away from the conversation feeling positive. #ClearEyeView #TrustTheProcess {happy and crying emoji face} {prayer hands} {prayer hands} {prayer hands}

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
“A hinged AFO (ankle foot orthosis) will allow you to have your foot flex up, but not have it slap down,” former New England Patriots team doctor, Dr. Thomas Gill, told MMQB.com. “So basically, you wear a brace so when you’re running or walking, your foot can have clearance when you swing your leg forward. But it’s not built for speed…You have to be a freakish athlete where you can afford to lose 20 or 25 percent of your speed, at least, and 45 percent of your power, and still be able to compete in the NFL.”

Dr. Gill went on to explain how the brace could lead to more injuries as Smith’s inability to point his toe could leave his foot in awkward positions during tackles, possibly making him more susceptible to injuries like high ankle sprains. Nearly twenty years ago, former Patriots running back Robert Edwards had the same drop foot issue according to Gill. When Edwards attempted to play with the ailment, he didn’t last a single season.

Reaction score
ya but theoneandonly...

too bad you didn't read the tweet from jaylon smith's cousin's chiropractor this morning.

he said he spoke to jaylon's nerve over the weekend and came away from the conversation feeling positive. #ClearEyeView #TrustTheProcess {happy and crying emoji face} {prayer hands} {prayer hands} {prayer hands}

You're my new favorite poster.

Sorry ThoughtExperiment...

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Again, WHAT FOR?

We dont need another lead RB, we have one.

Value. I'm not saying they should, I'm asking if you think Jerry would draft him. A top 15 talent sitting there in the 3rd.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You mean Mixon, right?

Jerry absolutely would draft him at some point. He'd love it. But 3rd might be a little high.

I actually can see Belichick taking him. I bet they go for a stud RB to start to try to take some heat off Brady.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Value. I'm not saying they should, I'm asking if you think Jerry would draft him. A top 15 talent sitting there in the 3rd.

He's a talented kid, but there's not much "value" there to add a guy that might get a half dozen carries a game in place of a player at another position that could upgrade the defense, WR, TE or even OL spots.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He's a talented kid, but there's not much "value" there to add a guy that might get a half dozen carries a game in place of a player at another position that could upgrade the defense, WR, TE or even OL spots.

Just like there's there's little/no value in drafting a guy in the 2nd who had a chance of never playing again. They could of had their TE of the future instead of the gimp. Fact is, Mixon is the exact type of player Jerry loves and can't resist drafting.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You mean Mixon, right?

Jerry absolutely would draft him at some point. He'd love it. But 3rd might be a little high.

I actually can see Belichick taking him. I bet they go for a stud RB to start to try to take some heat off Brady.

Yea Mixon. I've been seeing Mixon being projected as 4th or 5th round. So 3rd round sounds about right for Jerry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just like there's there's little/no value in drafting a guy in the 2nd who had a chance of never playing again. They could of had their TE of the future instead of the gimp. Fact is, Mixon is the exact type of player Jerry loves and can't resist drafting.

No argument from me that we shouldn't have drafted J Smith where we did, but those are two different situations entirely right now.

Mixon has enough talent to be a true lead back for somebody, but barring injury to Zeke he has ZERO chance of ever being that player here. It's be overkill at a position where its not all that hard to find capable players (and this appears to be a pretty stacked RB draft)

I didn't agree with drafting J Smith last yr, but at least in his case you could say that if he were healthy he was a legit top-5/10 player in the draft, in and area where are desperate for help (dynamic defensive front 7 player) We arnt desperate for backup RB help.

Reaction score
We're not touching Mixon after the Hardy drama of two years ago.

Besides, he will be taken by a team like Detroit who could care less about the media storm since they're an irrelevant team and they play in a war zone.

Top Bottom