Reaction score
Just like there's there's little/no value in drafting a guy in the 2nd who had a chance of never playing again. They could of had their TE of the future instead of the gimp. Fact is, Mixon is the exact type of player Jerry loves and can't resist drafting.

I would rather Dallas get a player like Chris Samuels who, like Percy Harvin, is actually a constant threat as a WR but can also have 5 snaps a game as a RB. Kind of what Dunbar is supposed to be without the injuries and the ineptitude. Ron Springs, Kevin Faulk and Marshall Faulk both were running backs in roster spots but were constant passing threats as well.

But to Dbairs point, Dallas has no RB that Elliot should come off the field for as a "better weapon" or mismatch. However, having a Samuels type on the field already as a WR just adds options and deceit without losing the threat of Elliott.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We're not touching Mixon after the Hardy drama of two years ago.

Besides, he will be taken by a team like Detroit who could care less about the media storm since they're an irrelevant team and they play in a war zone.

Jerry said he wasnt drafting Mixon to beat reporters kissing his ring on the team bus at Indy the other day. Which means he is probably the pick at 28.

Reaction score
Latest tweet"

Let your faith lead you through adversity ~praying hands~ #ClearEyeView

So we're relying on God to heal him now.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At least his nerve is starting to fire and he is regaining feeling in his foot again

So that's a start

Much better than ain't shit happening with the nerve or foot

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At least his nerve is starting to fire and he is regaining feeling in his foot again
Where's this been reported and verified? Last I heard he was going to have to play in the NFL, with a brace for "drop foot."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't remember the source. But I have seen it from more than one source now

It's still being reported that he will wear a brace this season

But the news that the nerve is firing now shows that it is and will continue to heal

As opposed to not knowing "if" it will ever regenerate

The next time I see the article I'll post one

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The old news was that the nerve was re firing

This is stating that not only is it re firing but that's it's regenerating (growing back) AND that he finally is regaining feeling in his foot

Those last two parts are the new news

And one report had JS confirming both

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is stating that not only is it re firing but that's it's regenerating (growing back) AND that he finally is regaining feeling in his foot

Those last two parts are the new news
More of the same shit, with Jerry's team doctor and the Gimp himself being the ONLY ones saying anything like this. Every other MD on the planet calls it bunk.

Wait, he's gonna wear a brace for his permanent "drop foot" condition, merely as a fashion statement. Right?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Where's this been reported and verified? Last I heard he was going to have to play in the NFL, with a brace for "drop foot."

Been a few news outlets reporting on it the last week-ten days or so.

It's nowhere near 100% firing/functiuoning, but there were reports saying he has feeling again which I guess is progress.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Personally I think if the nerve was firing and everything was good we would see Jerry up on his soapbox screaming to the world that he was right. Until I see that I won't believe that Jaylon is on the path to complete recovery.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dont buy the front office spin as they try and save face. Ex Patriot doctor scoffed at the idea the other day of him playing effectively, or lasting the season with a brace.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith stats for 2017:

296 tackles, 19 sacks, 9 ints, 12 forced fumbles, 5 defensive TD's

Book It!

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Who knows how much of that 'feeling' is wishful thinking, or outright lying on Jaylon's part.

I lost all feeling and control of my right hand due to an accident. Post surgery, it was about a year later, I could hold a cup of water. About six months after that I was able to write again. It can happen, but it can also take some time. Now I can throw a football etc. Back to full strength. Nerves can take time.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Isn't Washington CB Sidney Jones already the perfect Cowboy? First-round talent with serious lower body injury?
Matt Mosley: Ha I see what you did there. He is indeed a talented player. I think the Cowboys will be looking for an immediate starter with that first pick. And to your point about taking players with risks, we'll see where Jaylon Smith is this season. I just don't quite have the optimism about him that others do. The Cowboys medical folks have been very cautious in talking about him. Dr. Jones seems to think he'll be fine. He was a tremendous player at Notre Dame. He's the x-factor coming into this season. I'd be surprised if he's ready to go.

Top Bottom