Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
They should pay taxes at the pre-Bush rate. They can afford to. We are in a serious debt crisis, which Republicans LOVE to cry about, but when it comes time to talk about who is going to foot the bill, they have no idea what to do. Well they do, but it's idiotic. Let's bring in less money to pay for our escalating debt. Let's give the wealthiest people in the world (who are already keeping more of their money than ever and NOT reinvesting it in the private sector) even more money.

This is their plan. This is the idiocy you are supporting. No other way to say it.

but the liberal plan makes perfect sense?

how do you guys propose the jobs be created?

the thing about the liberal plan is, there isn't one. Nothing proactive about it. The only thing they have is , lets just take from those that have what we want.

wtf does that do to solve the problem? You want to penalize someone for doing well. There's something wrong with that mindset.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Letting the Bush-era tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 expire on schedule at the end of 2012 would bring the government nearly $1 trillion in revenue over the next 10 years, according to a new report from the Congressional Budget Office. That’s $823 billion in added revenue and $127 billion in interest to be exact, for a total $950 billion in ten-year deficit reduction.

Numerically, Republicans and Democrats are not as far apart as the exchanges would suggest. President Obama has proposed allowing tax cuts to lapse on incomes over $250,000, raising the top two income tax brackets, allowing capital gains tax rates for affluent families to rise slightly and letting dividend income be taxed as ordinary income, as it was before 2003. Of the $5 trillion in tax increases that will ensue over 10 years if nothing is done, Mr. Obama’s plan would stave off all but $849 billion.

That tax increase on the rich would amount to 0.38 percent of the economy, considerably smaller than the tax increase secured by President Bill Clinton in 1993, which equaled 0.63 percent of the economy, according to White House calculations.

It's easy to prove things when you are arguing with facts. Something to learn from VA so next time I don't have to ask you to prove something 20 times before you admit that you can't.

Reaction score
The deal is, Obama promised to cut the deficit in half and yet it has already doubled. He also projected the unemployment rate would be ~5.3% due to his stimulus and policies. It's never gone below 8%. Food stamp recipients have skyrocketed. Now he wants us to give him 4 more years and with taxes about to be raised and fees/taxes starting to kick in next year due to Obamacare?
He needs to be kicked to curb faster than you can say Jimmy Carter.

Reaction score
So raising the level to pre-Bush rates is going to stimulate the economy? Is this really what you are trying to say? Let's take a poor economy and then raise taxes on the job creators? Brilliant.

There are many non-partisan articles out there--along proof from other nations who tried--that show this republican ideology simply does not stimulate economic growth. They've been talking about this since Reagan's days, and the economy simply does work this way. Read the most recent Congressional Research Service's article if you care to learn more.

Now does that mean Obama's plan will work? Well, it will be more effective towards helping to balance the budget and will definitely create more public sector jobs, but there's no logic to explain why it would stimulate the economy or create private sector jobs either.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
but the liberal plan makes perfect sense?

how do you guys propose the jobs be created?

the thing about the liberal plan is, there isn't one. Nothing proactive about it. The only thing they have is , lets just take from those that have what we want.

wtf does that do to solve the problem? You want to penalize someone for doing well. There's something wrong with that mindset.
It creates an environment in America where people are more comfortable. In our current situation the dollar is shaky as fuck, our economic status in the world is suspect and we owe tons of money all over the place. Balancing the budget could do wonders for that confidence, as it did the last time it was balanced.

In reality, though, this may just be something we need to work through without the government. They can work on balancing the budget, we can work on figuring out what the next tech-boom is going to be and create jobs on our own with the confidence that we live in a country whose worldwide economic situation isn't so precarious.

Reaction score
It's easy to prove things when you are arguing with facts. Something to learn from VA so next time I don't have to ask you to prove something 20 times before you admit that you can't.

And this is going to help create jobs? Really?

Reaction score
It creates an environment in America where people are more comfortable. In our current situation the dollar is shaky as fuck, our economic status in the world is suspect and we owe tons of money all over the place. Balancing the budget could do wonders for that confidence, as it did the last time it was balanced.

In reality, though, this may just be something we need to work through without the government. They can work on balancing the budget, we can work on figuring out what the next tech-boom is going to be and create jobs on our own with the confidence that we live in a country whose worldwide economic situation isn't so precarious.

It makes people more comfortable? That's all you have?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
idk about you guys, but I'd rather vote for the failed president rather than the guy who is going to tax us, the middle class American, up the yazoo.

Reaction score
Middle class is currently taking it up the yazoo due to the failed president. It's just going to get worse once the tax cuts end and his Obamacare taxes kick in.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I've been wondering to myself, for the last several months, how this guy could possibly be re-elected. There's a record there for everyone to see. He's not proud of it. He's not on the stump pimping himself. He's running from it.

After the last 3 weeks, last night topping it off, I actually feel like there's a legit chance that Romney can win.

a lot of shit could happen between now and November 6th, but if the last 3 weeks trend out the next 30+ days, Obama is in deep shit.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I've been wondering to myself, for the last several months, how this guy could possibly be re-elected. There's a record there for everyone to see. He's not proud of it. He's not on the stump pimping himself. He's running from it.

After the last 3 weeks, last night topping it off, I actually feel like there's a legit chance that Romney can win.

a lot of shit could happen between now and November 6th, but if the last 3 weeks trend out the next 30+ days, Obama is in deep shit.

When you have to replace the shingles on Romney's roof, you'll know what I'm saying.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

You're living in dream land bro. If you look at the polls, Obama has a sizable lead that won't be rocked by Romney's night of lies. Don't let the ONE night he's had where he isn't completely hate-able fool you.

Minorities and women hate Romney. And they hate him more the more they see him. If they show up on election day it will be a blowout.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sheik were one of your crews at my apartment last night?

Blink twice if they say their motto is "If it never rains there are no leaks".

Reaction score

lol

You're kinda talking out of your ass. Romney had a horrible 3 week stretch. In order:

1) Romney returned a trip abroad where he managed to insult and piss off every nation that he visited
2) Clint Eastwood overshadowed his convention.
3) Ryan got caught up in a web of lies over his Herculean feats and accomplishments
4) The 47% video came out

ALL of those things overshadowed his message and campaign strategy. It got to the point where Super PACS were planning to call it a loss and start pouring money into congressional races to lock up those seats.

He came out last night desperate and had no choice but to swing away.

Obama's strategy is quite clear: let Romney ruin himself. It has worked so far.

Top Bottom