JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
The greedy lazy old school GOP is going to back Rubio because he is a bitch that is easily controlled. Big money will back him for the same reason. He is far from dead. Cruz come across as unlikable. The Donald, not sure what to say about him, but I do think he can win. All ten of the guys putting in a new concrete floor in one of my warehouses claim they are going to vote for him. He is connecting with blue collar union types in a big way.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I have been reading some bad stuff on Rubio. There are some pictures floating around of Rubio and his gay lover. That will sink any chance that he had. I don't see the voters supporting a closet homosexual.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I have been reading some bad stuff on Rubio. There are some pictures floating around of Rubio and his gay lover. That will sink any chance that he had. I don't see the voters supporting a closet homosexual.

What if he was open about it? Any chance?

To be entirely honest, I'd vote for a gay Rubio before I would vote for Cruz. Cruz has to be the biggest scumbag in politics right now, and I barely even know anything about the guy. All I know is that he looks like someone you wouldn't let watch your children.

Guess it doesn't mean much because I'll be staying at home on election day. Waste of fucking time.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Trump might be set up to go on a serious roll now. I think if Rubio had killed it last night he could have made things interesting, but him struggling probably ends it for him. I like Cruz but he wont win either.

Trump is going to win New Hampshire and he's in good shape in both S Carolina and Nevada

I wonder who his VP choice would be.

Trump is a lost cause, David.

Dude supports Universal Healthcare.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Rubio getting all faggy during the debate the other night should confirm that. Never seen anyone lose their composure that bad.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I am sorry, but a homosexual should not be POTUS. Look at the damage that one Muslim black guy has done. A gay guy would do just as much damage, and he would be amazing while he does it. We would continue being a country that is in decline. Electing a gay would show just how low that we could go .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
To be entirely honest, I'd vote for a gay Rubio before I would vote for Cruz. Cruz has to be the biggest scumbag in politics right now,

Cruz did honor commitments he made to his constituents though. To me that's the #1 thing all these losers should do. If you tell them you are going to support or oppose certain issues while you are begging got their vote, you should go up there and honor your word. Whether you agree with his policies or not, he should get credit for that.

Guess it doesn't mean much because I'll be staying at home on election day. Waste of fucking time.

Everybody (who is somewhat intelligent) should vote Hoof.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Those (Executive Orders) get challenged in court too, and also can be stopped by Congress if they act quickly. Additionally, any of it that includes any spending or tax increases can't be enforced - ONLY Congress controls the purse strings.
Annnnnd.... It just happened. Obama's Exec order empowering the EPA to adopt stringent new rules for coal fired power plants? Trying to make good on his campaign promise to put them out of business, while bypassing Congress? Stopped.

Supreme Court freezes Obama plan to limit carbon emissions - The Washington Post

The Supreme Court on Tuesday blocked a key part of President Obama’s ambitious proposal to limit carbon emissions and reduce global warming while the plan is challenged.

The court granted a stay request from more than two dozen states, plus utilities and coal companies, that said the Environmental Protection Agency was overstepping its powers. The court’s decision does not address the merits of the challenge but indicates justices think the states have raised serious questions.
No POTUS can just order anything he wants, and have it come true. VERY few XO's ever come to fruition. They're for "legacy building" more than anything else.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cruz did honor commitments he made to his constituents though. To me that's the #1 thing all these losers should do. If you tell them you are going to support or oppose certain issues while you are begging got their vote, you should go up there and honor your word. Whether you agree with his policies or not, he should get credit for that.

Everybody (who is somewhat intelligent) should vote Hoof.

At face value, I agree.

Of course the reality is that nearly everybody who is not intelligent WILL BE voting and their numbers are so great that no amount of rational voters can do anything to change the outcomes.

Roughly 2/3rds of the country that votes is entirely sold on party affiliation alone. That is a fucking problem. Imagine being able to pick a guy who had solid ideas but didn't have to piggyback them with bullshit party rhetoric.

Reaction score
I got a bit irritated with this morning's national media coverage of Trump's victory in New Hampshire.

The media is going on and on about what Trump's win says about Republicans, America and how Trump has turned everything upside down. The over-interpretation (speculation) of what this small state's primary "means." Sensationalistic conclusions, breathlessly voiced.

Yeah, there may be something afoot, but at the same time, Trump's 34% really means that 66% of New Hampshire voters voted against Trump. As the congested field of candidates thins out, I gotta believe that an anti-Trump vote will coalesce around one of the survivors.

Reaction score
Yeah, there may be something afoot, but at the same time, Trump's 34% really means that 66% of New Hampshire voters voted against Trump. As the congested field of candidates thins out, I gotta believe that an anti-Trump vote will coalesce around one of the survivors.
I thought that too, but if the also rans keep hanging on, there may not be enough time to do that. It looks like Cruz and Rubio are in it for the long haul... If Bush, Carson, Fiorina, and Christie hang in, they'll continue to pull numbers that could go to Cruz and Rubio. If Cruz and Rubio keep splitting votes and don't have another candidate's supporters, then Trump may keep his lead.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

While some of the above is true, that's a lot of candidates in the pool for him to get 1/3 of the vote. That's huge. Its also huge that he more than doubled the next R candidate.

I really think the R party truly believed Trump was only in for "show" and personal attention, and that he'd go away quietly. Instead he's run a really smart campaign and is kicking the establishments ass. Now they have a problem because they cant consolidate down enough to run a single candidate against him (or at least get it down to Trump, Cruz, estab). The longer all these guys stay in, the more states Trump is going to win.

I think Christie just dropped out though as FYI

Reaction score
So crew, do you think Kasich can put something together in Nevada, South Carolina, and beyond?

Is he too moderate to be successful?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No, he has no money. He'll get no support here in the SE on Super Tuesday. Has no chance in places like Florida, Texas or Louisiana

Might be a legit VP candidate for someone though

Reaction score
So crew, do you think Kasich can put something together in Nevada, South Carolina, and beyond?

Is he too moderate to be successful?

I think he's a one hit wonder. I like a lot of what he's saying, but he won't be popular some of those other states. He's pretty much an outsider that the establishment and tea party kinda both hate. Likely because he makes a lot of sense.

Top Bottom