Reaction score
I think the intent behind this thread has more to do with Sacamano trying to prove a point to cmd rather than Sacamano lamenting us not drafting Barron.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't even remember cmd tooting the Barron horn that much.

I said I liked him, just not enough to draft him in the Top 10. I said he was by far the best safety in 2012 but didn't see him as the kind of impact player who justified a top 10 pick. Tampa Bay disagreed and so far he looks more impactful than I envisioned.

Bob has a hard on for me lately.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fuck I thought the same thing. Thought Barron was a JAG safety who doesn't make plays in the passing game. He did week 1 in large part because Carolina couldn't block anyone. We'll see where it goes from here.

Reaction score
I was the one calling Barron Roy Williams.

Why doesn't anyone start a midswat call out thread?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Uh no,cmd. You said barron was only a 1st round safety because the crop this year was we

No. I said the talk of him being a top 10 prospect or elite safety came from him being by far the best of a weak safety class. I think I always felt he was a first rounder.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
cmd, did you hos your past Mark Barron posts??

Bob, I would never do that. I'd rather be dead wrong about a player and take crap about it then be a sniveling coward who goes back and deletes posts.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Bob, I would never do that. I'd rather be dead wrong about a player and take crap about it then be a sniveling coward who goes back and deletes posts.

Well I advanced searched it and there are no traces of Mark Barron references past this year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbair1967
I've seen Barron play more than I saw Roy Williams at OU.

The games I saw RW play he was pretty amazing and was clearly the dominant player on the field. And he played like that in the NFL for his first 2-3 years, then dropped off the face of the earth.

I think Barron is better suited for the game the way it is now than RW was, and I think Barron physically is more of the mold of what a SS/FS needs to be like than RW. I think ultimately he will have a far better NFL career than RW.

Me
Yeah, I don't see that. He's a strong safety only and can't dominate a game like Roy could. He will be a little better than Roy was in deep coverage. Solid, not spectacular.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We're pretty much done with free agency, so on to the draft, to get you started...

1(14)-- Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
2(45)-- Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
3(82)-- Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State
4(113)-- Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
5(144)-- Aaron Henry, FS, Wisconsin
6(175)-- DeVier Posey, WR, Ohio State
7(206)-- Kelcie McCray, SS, Arkansas State

Leonard Johnson in the 3rd? Are we even for my Janzen Jackson in the 4th ?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano
Mark Barron >>>>> Harrison Smith

Examples though, because I haven't seen him take "too many plays off".

And who is allowed to take plays off under Nick Saban?? I think you're trying too hard to pimp up Harrison Smith.

me
I was talking about Sensabaugh you fool.

I would take Barron over Harrison Smith. I just don't think Barron makes it to 45, Smith might. Big dummie.

Top Bottom