LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
JasonLaCanfora USC T Tyron Smith set to begin his visits Mon in Dallas, then on to MINN, CLE, DET, TB, WASH and ATL. Full story upcoming on NFL.com

I think the Browns are doing due dilligence. He won't be there for the Bucs or Falcons. The Vikings could be interested because they are souring on McKinney. There is definite sincere interest on the Lions' part. I think Shanahan is trying to play mind games again. Shanahan has come out and stated that the Redskins will try to trade down and get extra picks, not long after, Jerry announced that two teams have inquired about trading up for the #9 pick. The Cowboys trading would be bad for the Redskins, and so Shanahan my be trying to put across that if the Cowboys plan on trading down, Smith may not be there for them at that pick.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No he doesn't. He said that Smith would be an LT. Bucky Brooks said that Smith would be an RT.

I actually know (knew) Bucky Brooks. He trained my son for football for a few years when I still lived in Manhattan Beach. He works for Velocity Sports Performance, who trains draft ready prospects. My personal opinion (and I have told him this to his face) is he is extra critical of the kids who go work out with Athletes Performance (LA and Phoenix) and extra "generous" with the kids who sign with Velocity. So I trust nothing he says.

Nice guy. Did a great job with my son. I just think he shouldn't be on NFL Network dissing or pimping kids when he makes money off getting some players ready for the draft.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I actually know (knew) Bucky Brooks. He trained my son for football for a few years when I still lived in Manhattan Beach. He works for Velocity Sports Performance, who trains draft ready prospects. My personal opinion (and I have told him this to his face) is he is extra critical of the kids who go work out with Athletes Performance (LA and Phoenix) and extra "generous" with the kids who sign with Velocity. So I trust nothing he says.

Nice guy. Did a great job with my son. I just think he shouldn't be on NFL Network dissing or pimping kids when he makes money off getting some players ready for the draft.

Wow. Had no idea. Talk about a conflict of interest. Aren't many players going with Michale Jophnson's sporting complex? At least the established ones. I hear that many are working out with Johnson during the lockout.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow. Had no idea. Talk about a conflict of interest. Aren't many players going with Michale Jophnson's sporting complex? At least the established ones. I hear that many are working out with Johnson during the lockout.

There are a few in LA (Velocity, API, and someone else?), API is the big one here in Phoenix, I think Michael Johnson is in Houston, and there's another big one in Atlanta. API seems to be the cream of the crop right now.

Top Bottom