Reaction score
I don't think you wanna be in the news for being wishy-washy on domestic abuse, but other than that, sure, drama sells.

But when I stand back and look at it, I really do think it has been a rather crappy season.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Oh, you're definitely right. It's astonishing how badly the NFL conducts itself with the resources of a multi-billion dollar business. How can Goodell be such a buffoon? How can the league's director of officiating be seen cavorting with Stephen Jones and a bunch of young girls? It's so ridiculous.

I'm just saying they do that stuff because they're focused on money now, and basically money now only. They don't really care about the integrity of the league and so on. It's stupid not to care about that stuff, because without it they will eventually pay... But I don't think they do.

As much as I can't stand Mark Cuban, he's on the right track when it comes to the future of the league.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think the NFL loves the controversy. No such thing as bad press. It may not be good for Ray Rice, Goodell, Adrian Peterson, Suh, Brady, Belicheck... the individuals who have to deal with the press. But in general it's keeping the league in the news.

so true, teflon league, they benefit from seemingly everything

Its a crazy day and age where the best form of protest is not to yell and scream and attack but to simply ignore in mass and hope that the silence and lack of views/hits/tweets will cause the hoped for change.

I can't help but shake my head at the dumb fans that get all pissed off at sports writers for what they say or don't say about their team and then proceeded to tweet, comment and email their ire. They're playing right into their hands, they get hits from the lovers and the haters and therefore continue to write in the most provocative way in an attempt to inflame both sides vs simply trying to present a compelling story or truth.

Reaction score
Kraft's stern statement about the league owing the Patriots an apology is so asinine, given what their organization did in SpyGate. The Patriots lost their credibility/reputation quite some time ago. The franchise does not deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. An apology would be preposterous.

I'm just saying they do that stuff because they're focused on money now, and basically money now only. They don't really care about the integrity of the league and so on. It's stupid not to care about that stuff, because without it they will eventually pay... But I don't think they do.

As much as I can't stand Mark Cuban, he's on the right track when it comes to the future of the league.

Yes. I don't know if Cuban is correct about the NFL going in decline within 10 years, but I could certainly see it happening, especially if/when fantasy football becomes passe. I agree with Cuban 100% on the following:

It's the same thing I tell my businesses and would tell every business. You shouldn't try to get every last second of a person's attention or every last penny that you can squeeze from them.

There is a big difference between optimizing the relationship you have with your customers and maximizing short term revenue. Building customers for life is about building relationships and anticipating customer wants and needs.

Customers/Fans/Advertisers know when they are being pushed. They know when they are being squeezed. It always ends up costing the business in the end.

Reaction score
Not just tearing up... some of them couldn't even get a word out. Or at least it was edited to make it look that way.

Reaction score
Oh, you're definitely right. It's astonishing how badly the NFL conducts itself with the resources of a multi-billion dollar business. How can Goodell be such a buffoon? How can the league's director of officiating be seen cavorting with Stephen Jones and a bunch of young girls? It's so ridiculous.

Completely agree. I used to love watching almost any game on but now it has just gotten out of hand with all the shitty Thursday and Monday games. The drama is also ridiculous. When you have CNN covering new conferences over deflated footballs, something has gone terribly wrong with society.

How Goodell managed to keep afloat through that Rice scandal also shows the amount of corruption in the league. Hiring a shill to absolve him of guilt was a nice touch. They think fans are idiots but people have already been staying home because of ticket and concession prices. They are running the league like the WWE. If it comes out that the league was responsible for this ball inflation story the entire time, I don't think anyone would be surprised. That's how bad it has gotten.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
There's more talk of drama, owners and the commissioner, the criminals who play the game and an 'investigation' complete with 'persons of interest' :)lol), regarding deflated balls, than there is about the up-coming ultimate game. I guess the NFL has jumped the shark.

Reaction score
Worst part about this season, by far, were the overly dramatic "No more" commercials.

I didn't like those either. Didn't seem sincere at all ... just a group of actors overacting. Thought the commercials were annoying and stupid.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That Hillary Swank one makes me want to throw my remote through my flatscreen every time.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Worst part about this season, by far, were the overly dramatic "No more" commercials.

It kills me how public perception of spousal abuse going both ways has come so far, yet the NFL just makes it look like only men are capable of inflicting it.

It used to be great being a white male. Nowadays, not so much.

Top Bottom