bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Close. We lost a high pick and possibly Jenkins to boot, so unless Claiborne is twice the player Jenkins is (doubtful), you're merely running in quicksand.

My wisdom is scary.

its not accurate though, claiborne is a much better prospect than jenkins and proved himself among the best competition in the country everyweek. Plus he is a top level return guy and a high character self motivated player. Jenkins was like bennett as a guy you had to stay on.

now he may not work out any better than jenkins but right now he is a much better prospect and its crazy to think he is not.

:lol

theebs wrong as usual

I understand that and it makes sense, but claiborne is not a worry. he is going to be a player.

:lol :lol

I think superpunk makes a great point.

This wasn't a trade up for a good CB. We didn't trade up for Kirkpatrick or Gilmore.

We traded up for the clear cut best corner in this draft. Claiborn is a stud. A physical corner who excells in coverage.

Like sp says, having him allows us to change the entire way we play defense. It's going to free more people up.

I can't not like this trade.

try harder

Forget the squandered second rounder. It wouldn't have made sense even if we had the sixth pick all along. The G-men didn't need a "lockdown" corner to win another SB and neither do we. There were higher priorities.

:getjiggy

all the non-Cowboys write-up people love this move.

oh, well, case closed!

Fine. Claiborne's a Cowboy now and I hope he does well. If not, I won't come back here screaming "I told you so!" Well, maybe just a little. I just think our resources could have been better allocated.

I told you so!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Had the Cowboys trusted their own board, we would have came out like gangbusters.

Michael Brockers, Bobby Wagner, and we would quite possibly still have Mike Jenkins. Jenkins isn't the greatest but he's a competent NFL starter. I said at the time that this trade cost us three starters for 1 (Claiborne). Nailed it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It is weird that we supposedly had Mathieu off the board for his weed troubles but we welcome Brent and McClain and all these guys in now.

Reaction score
It sucks that this thread was bumped instead of the one in which I wisely predicted the future.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm not going to be hard on anyone for being wrong about Morris. The whole fucking planet was apparently wrong.

What I am pissed about is that I bought into the "best grade since Deion" bullshit. Take a list of the CBs who have come and gone since Deion, and you're telling me this guy had the best grade?

It's one thing to think a guy is going to be a top player in the NFL. It's another to proclaim he's basically a better prospect than a Hall of Fame DB who was actually "shut down" in play. Whoever fucked up that grade should have been fired. Had he been just another CB in a long list of possibly very good CBs according to Dallas, he's someone else's bust right now.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
don't forget that Jerry also said Mo was a better prospect that Patrick Peterson.

Not even close.

From that LSU secondary it's:
1. Patrick Peterson
2. Eric Reid
3. Honey Badger
4. Mo Claiborne

You could argue that Claiborne isn't any better than Tharold Simon from that secondary.

Reaction score
Cox went 11(we picked 14) and Cordy Glenn went 41(we picked 45) so Do you prefer jelly or syrup ?

Easily works on the charts but the point is I was right yet again.
Instead of claireiwishhewasneverborne and Terrence Williams and Escobar I woulda gotten us leveon bell honey badger, cox, burfict etc.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not going to be hard on anyone for being wrong about Morris. The whole fucking planet was apparently wrong.

What I am pissed about is that I bought into the "best grade since Deion" bullshit. Take a list of the CBs who have come and gone since Deion, and you're telling me this guy had the best grade?

It's one thing to think a guy is going to be a top player in the NFL. It's another to proclaim he's basically a better prospect than a Hall of Fame DB who was actually "shut down" in play. Whoever fucked up that grade should have been fired. Had he been just another CB in a long list of possibly very good CBs according to Dallas, he's someone else's bust right now.

Um...Jerry fire himself?

Nobody in the FO has been in the organization since 1991. Or whatever year Deion was taken in.

Top Bottom