superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All we need is competency. I don't know why everyone is so opposed to Sensabaugh. I thought he was one of the best man coverage safeties we've had in a long time. I know he screwed that play up in Minnesota but we weren't winning that game anyhow.

Cythim

Reaction score
All we need is competency. I don't know why everyone is so opposed to Sensabaugh. I thought he was one of the best man coverage safeties we've had in a long time. I know he screwed that play up in Minnesota but we weren't winning that game anyhow.

Thats how we are in Dallas. One bad play on national TV and you are done. Nearly everyone wanted Choice gone after the Washington fumble. Roy took tons of heat for the New Orleans fumble. We hate that one bad play.

Reaction score
BryanBroaddus Bryan Broaddus
Just a thought, Elam can take time with Boys on deal + still not lose anytime mentally. He knows this defense better than anyone playing now

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sensabaugh gets lost on the field, fights with his teammates, and quits in games.

Lets get that man guaranteed dollars!

I do agree on that, I dont think he is a really good fit in the locker room. Throw in the fact that this is his second straight offseason where he was not around the team at all....then throw in that newman actually went after him which is way out of character for newman and it tells me that sensebaugh is an outsider in the locker room.

Reaction score
[video=youtube;wFv37lzkSyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFv37lzkSyw[/video]

And in the Giant game Romo went down in, when the Giants went from about 10 down to 14 up in a short span Sensabaugh flat out quit. Someone was trotting down the sideline and Sensabaugh came in and threw the weakest chicken wing attempt at feigning effort.

I know he sucks, time to give Elam or even Whitner a try.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
[video=youtube;wFv37lzkSyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFv37lzkSyw[/video]

And in the Giant game Romo went down in, when the Giants went from about 10 down to 14 up in a short span Sensabaugh flat out quit. Someone was trotting down the sideline and Sensabaugh came in and threw the weakest chicken wing attempt at feigning effort.

I know he sucks, time to give Elam or even Whitner a try.

I think he is a good player with alot of ability but like you I agree I think his attitude is terrible. and that 2nd straight offseason away from the guys is off putting to me.

I would only bring him back if he is a last resort for as low as possible.

Reaction score
I think he is a good player with alot of ability but like you I agree I think his attitude is terrible. and that 2nd straight offseason away from the guys is off putting to me.

I would only bring him back if he is a last resort for as low as possible.

Agreed. Hes a great athlete and has nice size for his position. But he totally reads like he either doesnt care about football, or is just lazy. Hes already 28, give him a fat guaranteed contract and youll regret it. Hes not a hungry player.

Elam is a scrapper, I feel good about him playing hard. And he already knows Ryan as well as anyone in the league. Sensabaugh hasnt glanced at this playbook.

Whitner has ability, he was top 10, a 1 year deal on him and you could get something out of him.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Whitner and John McCargo taken in the first in a whirlwind year for that epic Buffalo FO.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd like Elam, but I'd also really like one of the young guys to step up and take a spot.

Reaction score
Well safety wont be solved this year, but Goldson does go after the ball when tackling. Something our players were taught not to do.

If you watched the Elam video he does this a lot as well.

Ill roll w/ that. Goldson/Elam.

C

Cr122

Well safety wont be solved this year, but Goldson does go after the ball when tackling. Something our players were taught not to do.

If you watched the Elam video he does this a lot as well.

Ill roll w/ that. Goldson/Elam.

That's what I'm hoping for, or Pool and Elam.

C

Cr122

Matt Maiocco
CSNBayArea.com

SANTA CLARA -- Free-agent safety Dashon Goldson intimated the 49ers and the Dallas Cowboys are in the hunt to re-sign him, as he reacted on Twitter to the 49ers' contract agreement with safety Madieu Williams.
Goldson stated Monday after 4 p.m. that he had received questions posted to him by his Twitter followers.

". . . I'm not sure wht tht move by the 9ers was for, I guess to scare me....well it didn't work. Try again," Goldson wrote under his Twitter name @thehawk38.

"I'm definitely keepin an open mind," He wrote several minutes later. "Meanin I won't mind takin my talents else where to a place where I'm wanted . . . Whether thts san fran, dallas or whreva."

The 49ers agreed to terms with Williams, a seven-year veteran, on a one-year contract. Goldson, 26, his started every game at safety the past two seasons for the 49ers.

Goldson recorded 60 tackles and one interception last season. In 2009 he had 76 tackles and four INTs.

Reaction score

I didn't see him cover many people effectively all year. TE's.. he did ok. WR's.. forget about it. Not to mention he whiffed on more tackles than ive ever seen from a SS. He's awful.

Top Bottom