cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's a business..people dont realize these owners are businessmen first (not directed at you CMD)..business first..sometimes football next. Some owners don't give two shits about the actual team

Good NFL owners are competitive and care about winning. They made their fortunes elsewhere. I don't mind the wanting to make money, that's fine, just stop making it a priority over winning actual games.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Jones said he reserves the right to bring in a veteran center at a later date

Which for all intents and purposes means it's not happening. No veteran, no, not guessing, can digest a playbook and put into practice in a few weeks.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The problem is that even if all the guys were healthy, we still have huge question marks on the offensive line. The same problems we had last year and did very little to improve it. PLease don't bring up Bernadeau and Livings. They were part time players if that for there respected teams

What?

Now livings is a part time player?

Livings will be fine.

The problem is center and backup center

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What's worse is the attitude they have towards the center position. Now I'm not saying address it with a 1st round pick, or reach for DeCastro in the 1st round period, and have him switch over. But at least don't think you can just move a guy over there with only a working knowledge of the position at the drop of a hat. I especially don't like it that they're taking a very, very raw player in David Arkin and moving him to C, taking away valuable OG reps from him.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What's worse is the attitude they have towards the center position. Now I'm not saying address it with a 1st round pick, or reach for DeCastro in the 1st round period, and have him switch over. But at least don't think you can just move a guy over there with only a working knowledge of the position at the drop of a hat. I especially don't like it that they're taking a very, very raw player in David Arkin and moving him to C, taking away valuable OG reps from him.

May be your best post ever. Except maybe the DeCastro bashing.

Reaction score
Good NFL owners are competitive and care about winning. They made their fortunes elsewhere. I don't mind the wanting to make money, that's fine, just stop making it a priority over winning actual games.
I think, strictly as owners, making money and winning go hand in hand for the Joneses. They definitely care about winning, they just don't know how to build a team to do it.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Norm said yesterday he got the sense arkin was going to get cut because they dont want to waste time with a player if they feel he cant improve.

Seems hard to cut him if Nagy and kowalski are out. Can't see them cutting kowalski. They know he can play center.

He is what's messed this all up IMO. I think he would have outplayed costa and in the end put arkin out of here.

Now we are going to end up most likely with costa at center and dockery at right guard with mcquistan making the team as a game day swing tackle guard.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Norm said yesterday he got the sense arkin was going to get cut because they dont want to waste time with a player if they feel he cant improve.

So much then for Garrett's, "oh, we knew what we were getting into with David Arkin".

If we go to Dockery as a starter, we are beyond doomed. That guy sucks.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think, strictly as owners, making money and winning go hand in hand for the Joneses. They definitely care about winning, they just don't know how to build a team to do it.

Jerry Jones wants to win because of Jerry. He isn't willing to sacrifice his ego to make it happen so in truth, he doesn't want it as bad as he would like fans to believe.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
what-me-worry-715605.jpg

Jerry Jones not worried over Morris Claiborne

Jerry Jones not worried about Austin's hamstring

Stephen Jones: We're not worried about Jay Ratliff

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he’s not worried about how the carries are split between RBs Tashard Choice and DeMarco Murray

Two road games to open again not worrying Jerry Jones

Cowboys not worried about cap penalties

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So much then for Garrett's, "oh, we knew what we were getting into with David Arkin".

If we go to Dockery as a starter, we are beyond doomed. That guy sucks.

I agree with that.

It's kind of sorry after three years of line problems the answer is to keep bringing back below average players who were not part of the offseason.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score

No. You're not getting it. They are the owners of a football team because they are business men. Not because they are football men. Business comes first, ALWAYS.

Some can do both. But never at the expense of the business.
Some don't care about the team

Reaction score
I gotta agree with that. Even Dan Snyder was supposedly a huge skins fan prior to buying that team and he's basically ran it into the ground at this point, and alienated/pissed off almost every fan in the process.

The business trumps all else. Hell, we finished 8-8 last season (measly by all standards) and mexicans all over Cali are still stumbling over one another just to see training camp. I'm pretty sure that's all Jerry could care about.

Reaction score
The business trumps all else. Hell, we finished 8-8 last season (measly by all standards) and mexicans all over Cali are still stumbling over one another just to see training camp. I'm pretty sure that's all Jerry could care about.

Mexicans are usually poor and viewing training camp is free so i doubt he is making much money with them. I would blame the rich white people. They are the ones buys those beat up Texas Stadium seats for hundreds of dollars and buying $100 pizza.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah training camp is not a huge cash cow. It's free to get in and parking money (I'm guessing) goes to the city. Then there are like two local vendors selling food to 9000 people inside the camp. Maybe Jerry gets some money off their 2 dollar hot dogs but I doubt it's much.

Top Bottom