Reaction score
If any of you are suggesting Jerry should be given the credit for the personel we have right now, i'd say you arn't in your right minds.. that is all.

Theebs, do you really think it was Jerry who suggested bringing in Fiametta, Robinson, Walker, etc?

Jerry said early on that whoever Jason wants he will do his best to bring in.. and Jason is the one who believes in churning the bottom of the roster. Put two and two together.. Jason is making these moves and bringing in these players. Jerry just cuts the checks.

Well.. he cuts the checks and makes silly bullshit comments like "I gave the go ahead and told Jason that he could let DeMarco break Emmitt's record."

What a fucking clown.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you not seeing the other comments Jerry made today on the radio or are you just choosing not to read it? Hmm..

Jerry says alot of things, alot of which the past few years havent turned out to be all that true

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We have a pretty well built team right now, and again who signed fiametta, Robinson and walker if Jerry is making all the decisions and is terrible?

Jerry just likes to talk and be on tv, he likes an audience.

People shouldn't care so much about anything he says

100% true here.

I honestly think Jerry has very little to do with the day to day operation of the team, and have felt that way since the day he hired Parcells.

He wants to be out there in the spotlight and seen by everyone, but behind the scenes I think Stephen is doing alot more than Jerry is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What credit does he deserve?

I guess he deserves some credit for finally waking up and canning Wade last yr, and then replacing him with Garrett

Although even that I'm not sure was 100% him.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jessie Holley is on the scout team today with Bruce Carter playing in his spot on kicking units....Whitt may have actually got something right here..

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jessie Holley is on the scout team today with Bruce Carter playing in his spot on kicking units....Whitt may have actually got something right here..

I'm not opposed to them releasing Holley if thats what they chose to do, but releasing Buehler or Choice makes more sense IMO.

I still think the only reason they arnt cutting Buehler is because they cant (he isnt healthy) and I bet he is refusing any type of injury settlement arrangement.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score

This befuddles me. Not because I care about Holley, and not because I believe for a second there was a fight between Garrett and Jones over this, but just because we don't have enough WRs on our roster to keep cutting them. I guess it *sort* of makes sense if Carter's going to take Holley's punt team snaps, but it seems like it's leaving the team awfully thin at a skill position to bring on a player you can't really play on your defense yet.

Reaction score
Any WR reps that Holley might have now are taken over by Robinson and Carter is now covering kicks in his spot...so his loss is not big at all. I really hope though that they finally cut Buehler and are able to bring in a return man like Figures...who they brought in for a workout.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This befuddles me. Not because I care about Holley, and not because I believe for a second there was a fight between Garrett and Jones over this, but just because we don't have enough WRs on our roster to keep cutting them. I guess it *sort* of makes sense if Carter's going to take Holley's punt team snaps, but it seems like it's leaving the team awfully thin at a skill position to bring on a player you can't really play on your defense yet.

not sure, we have three wr on the practice squad. No idea the reasoning for this but it is not something I am concerned with honestly. I imagine harris or holmes can be brought up in an emergency if need be to just fill out the roster.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Any WR reps that Holley might have now are taken over by Robinson and Carter is now covering kicks in his spot...so his loss is not big at all. I really hope though that they finally cut Buehler and are able to bring in a return man like Figures...who they brought in for a workout.

off topic dude but do you play the guitar? Just asking because I have recently started playing again and my vh obsession is overwhelming at the moment....curious if you play

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to them releasing Holley if thats what they chose to do, but releasing Buehler or Choice makes more sense IMO.

I still think the only reason they arnt cutting Buehler is because they cant (he isnt healthy) and I bet he is refusing any type of injury settlement arrangement.

Then they should put his ass on IR.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Then they should put his ass on IR.

Putting him on IR doesnt change the cap hit. We'd still be charged with his full salary and prorated signing bonus even if he goes to IR.

I suspect they've wanted to do an injury settlement with him, but he might be balking because he'll lose money if he does it. Also unlikely anyone would pick him up the rest of the year.

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A guy I trust tells me the Cowboys plan to release Dan Bailey, and allow Beuhler to resume kicking responsibilities full time.

Top Bottom