JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Sad. This little bitch is so greedy she decided to force her teachers to falsify state tests to ensure she received huge bonuses. This piece of trash does not care about the children. She is just a typical dumb greedy civil servant that should spend at least 10-20 years in jail. She lied to everyone including the children she was supposed to help educate. She stole from the hard working tax payers and set the kids up for failure.

The bigger problem is not her, but the failed system mandated by the government and greedy unions that allows scum like this to make it to that level. Nothing will happen. She will get a slap on the wrist and move onto another district in another liberal utopia and steal again. The unions will not change. Until the unions are broken this crap will go on and on. Competition for the broken education system is the only real solution. School vouchers are the way to go. Produce or no funds for you. A simple concept that works. I know there will be bunch of folks that will make excuses for the failed government mandated education system, but those that are full of excuses for failure are a big part of the problem. They are the enablers of failure and will continue to endorse failure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/06/education/06atlanta.html?_r=0

6teachers-1-popup.jpg

ATLANTA — A state investigation released Tuesday showed rampant, systematic cheating on test scores in this city’s long-troubled public schools, ending two years of increasing skepticism over remarkable improvements touted by school leaders. The results of the investigation, made public by Gov. Nathan Deal, showed that the cheating occurred at 44 schools and involved at least 178 teachers and principals, almost half of whom have confessed, the governor said.

A culture of fear, intimidation and retaliation existed in the district, which led to a conspiracy of silence, he said in a prepared statement. “There will be consequences,” Mr. Deal said.

The cheating, he said, showed a complete failure of leadership that hurt thousands of children who might have been promoted to the next grade without meeting basic academic standards.

At the center of the cheating scandal is former Superintendent Beverly L. Hall, who was named the 2009 National Superintendent of the Year and has been considered one of the nation’s best at running large, urban districts.

Dr. Hall, who announced in November that she would be leaving the job at the end of June, left Tuesday for a Hawaiian vacation.

Atlanta Teacher Helped Students Cheat Because They Were “Dumb as Hell”

http://www.thenewamerican.com/cultu...udents-cheat-because-they-were-“dumb-as-hell”

An Atlanta math teacher allegedly offered students the answers to a test because she thought they were “dumb as hell,” the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported August 29. Shayla Smith, a former fifth-grade teacher at Dobbs Elementary School, was responsible for overseeing students while they were taking state-sponsored tests, and all tests monitored by Smith were reportedly blotched with questionable erasure marks, amounting to a “practically impossible frequency of changes from wrong to right [answers],” according to the Atlanta paper.

Around that time Schajuan Jones, who taught fourth-grade from across the hall, overheard Smith discussing the test with another teacher. “The words were, ‘I had to give your kids, or your students, the answers because they’re dumb as hell,’” Jones said of the dialogue between Smith and the other teacher.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Superintendents aren't in teachers unions typically. Also most people who are in public education don't do those things. To intimate otherwise is intellectually dishonest and shows you have an axe to grind.

Reaction score
When the rest of the world has to educate and count all of their students instead of just their top students then we can talk. Countries around the world send their poor students off to vo-tech schools or boot them. Where as all of our kids have to be taught the same things. I don't think that there is anything wrong with educating everyone the same but let's compare apples to apples.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Superintendents aren't in teachers unions typically. Also most people who are in public education don't do those things. To intimate otherwise is intellectually dishonest and shows you have an axe to grind.

ya dont say...

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score

What are you talking about? All the POS "teachers" that helped her rig tests and lie to the children for money are in the union. She came up in the union. You are the one being intellectually dishonest.

Why are you so hot to trot to defend unions and their failures? Tenure is a damn joke/scam and needs to be abolished. There is no accountability for failure. Just hang on long enough even if you fail and you are guaranteed a job and pension. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Reaction score
What are you talking about? All the POS "teachers" that helped her rig tests and lie to the children for money are in the union. She came up in the union. You are the one being intellectually dishonest.
You intimated that all teachers are like that and if you read what you posted they (the teachers) were pressured. Not an excuse for their complicity but a reason. They all should be fired over this. But most teachers aren't dishonest and a vast majority of them are there for the right reasons. You don't know because you have an agenda. You make presumptions on things you clearly don't know a lot about because you essentially just parrot rhetoric non stop!
Why are you so hot to trot to defend unions and their failures? Tenure is a damn joke/scam and needs to be abolished. There is no accountability for failure. Just hang on long enough even if you fail and you are guaranteed a job and pension. It is absolutely ridiculous.
There should be reform in the tenure of teachers not abolished. School systems need to change, school boards can't be made up of uneducated townsfolk. School districts should be county wide across the country to limit administration staff. No child left behind and things like that don't work and are flawed.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
The teachers were pressured...oh the poor little teachers.....Too weak minded to think for themselves. People that pathetic have no business educating children. They all need to go to jail. I wish the leftists would stop making excuses for their corrupt ways.

Tenure is a scam created by corrupt unions. Regarding no child left behind....Teachers hate accountability. Bush increased educational spending more than all the democrat presidents combined. It is time for the teachers to do their fucking job.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You intimated that all teachers are like that and if you read what you posted they (the teachers) were pressured. Not an excuse for their complicity but a reason. They all should be fired over this. But most teachers aren't dishonest and a vast majority of them are there for the right reasons. You don't know because you have an agenda. You make presumptions on things you clearly don't know a lot about because you essentially just parrot rhetoric non stop!

There should be reform in the tenure of teachers not abolished. School systems need to change, school boards can't be made up of uneducated townsfolk. School districts should be county wide across the country to limit administration staff. No child left behind and things like that don't work and are flawed.
Finland/Norway are doing some good shit. At some point kids stop learning and start memorizing and become disengaged, I think studies have shown it happens mostly at the end of elementary school. We set up school factories back in the industrial age and haven't changed our thinking on it since. A bigger focus on critical thinking should be rule #1.

I think getting rid of standardized testing and standard curriculums would be amazing. Some people just aren't cut out for academia, as this forum demonstrates daily.

Reaction score
The teachers were pressured...oh the poor little teachers.....Too weak minded to think for themselves. People that pathetic have no business educating children. They all need to go to jail. I wish the leftists would stop making excuses for their corrupt ways.

Tenure is a scam created by corrupt unions. Regarding no child left behind....Teachers hate accountability. Bush increased educational spending more than all the democrat presidents combined. It is time for the teachers to do their fucking job.
I said they should all be fired and they likely will be.
You have no idea what you are talking about quit while you are ahead. You talk in generalizations because your political affiliation teaches you that is what you are supposed to think. You are the worst kind of person to discuss things like this because you don't have an open mind and you aren't interested in healthy intellectual discourse. You are just interested in pushing you ideological talking points.

The bigger issue is parents IMO. I see to many that don't care about their children's education, don't make their kids take responsibility and don't hold their children accountable. Again my opinion

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Clayton County (Just south of town here in Atlanta) also had all sorts of issues and their accreditation was yanked.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I said they should all be fired and they likely will be.
You have no idea what you are talking about quit while you are ahead. You talk in generalizations because your political affiliation teaches you that is what you are supposed to think. You are the worst kind of person to discuss things like this because you don't have an open mind and you aren't interested in healthy intellectual discourse. You are just interested in pushing you ideological talking points.

The bigger issue is parents IMO. I see to many that don't care about their children's education, don't make their kids take responsibility and don't hold their children accountable. Again my opinion

Sorry I wasted your time. If you want to believe I will not discuss specifics or have an open mind on certain issues that is fine. I always find it odd when people criticize me for making a judgement and then judge me.

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. Lets start over. I have been dealing with certain people on this site for a long time on multiple sites and come on a little strong at times. I am truly interested in your views on education because you seem to have a vested interest in the topic. A day I do not learn something new is a lost day to me. Lets see where we can come together and then hash out our differences.

I'll start. I agree 100% with your assessment regarding the parental role. Out of wedlock births and broken homes have had a devastating effect on our country in many ways.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Finland/Norway are doing some good shit. At some point kids stop learning and start memorizing and become disengaged, I think studies have shown it happens mostly at the end of elementary school. We set up school factories back in the industrial age and haven't changed our thinking on it since. A bigger focus on critical thinking should be rule #1.

I think getting rid of standardized testing and standard curriculums would be
amazing. Some people just aren't cut out for academia, as this forum
demonstrates daily.

You are really impressed with yourself. You are not that damn smart. What is your IQ? Double digits?

Reaction score
Sorry I wasted your time. If you want to believe I will not discuss specifics or have an open mind on certain issues that is fine. I always find it odd when people criticize me for making a judgement and then judge me.
I have direct knowledge of your posting history to make an assumption/judgment about your opinion. You make sweeping judgments of an entire profession. There is a big difference.

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. Lets start over. I have been dealing with certain people on this site for a long time on multiple sites and come on a little strong at times. I am truly interested in your views on education because you seem to have a vested interest in the topic. A day I do not learn something new is a lost day to me. Lets see where we can come together and then hash out our differences.
Just ask

I'll start. I agree 100% with your assessment regarding the parental role. Out of wedlock births and broken homes have had a devastating effect on our country in many ways.
Bad parenting has had a devastating effect on our country. Not teaching our children to take responsibility has taken a toll on our country. Single parents have been raising children for centuries, it isn't a new thing. It may be more prevalent now, but if a parent actually parents then the child would be better off.

Reaction score
a lot of corruption going on there too...guess I need to be more specific in the future for you

No I said all teachers aren't like that. You tried to indicate the where by posting a story about other corrupt teachers. The And post was my way of letting you know that didn't refute my original statement.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I am confused about your ardent defense. Not all teachers are bad, but the wide spread failure of public education is plain for everyone to see. NYC, KC, Atlanta, Detroit, and many other major metropolitan cites have failed in their primary task of educating the children. Throwing more money at the problem has failed. Corruption is rampant in most systems where there is next to zero accountability. The people that have failed the children must be removed. The school boards in these corrupt areas need to disbanded and new ideas need to be tried. I do not understand defending failure.

Some single parents do a fine job, but the statistics say the majority do not. Look at literacy rates of minorities and NY and then look at out of wedlock birth rates. They are pretty damn close. In this challenging economic time the vast majority of households need at least two incomes to keep their head above water. For single parents it is even more challenging to provide the care and time necessary to raise a child.

Top Bottom