yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The fact that we drafted a TE that only caught 7 passes in college already shocked me.

Its not as shocking/painful when you consider he could of been picked up as a free agent but they were shrewd enough to trade a future pick in order to draft him

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Its not as shocking/painful when you consider he could of been picked up as a free agent but they were shrewd enough to trade a future pick in order to draft him

but, but, but I heard [INSERT TEAM NAME HERE] was just about to draft him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That pick wound up being a wash, we made up for it via a previous trade.

At Texas, Swaim's role wasn't as a receiver because Texas does not throw to the tight ends. Not because he cannot run routes, beat people, and catch - he can. The dude is your next Witten, for some team if not this one.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
The fact that we drafted a TE that only caught 7 passes in college already shocked me.

Don't worry. We're due to grab one in 2 that the coaching staff won't have any fucking clue how to use

Reaction score

We needed all the draft picks we could get. Think about it, late in the draft, Jason is out of picks and sees that San Diego and Minnesota (Norv) are planning on fighting on the UFDA market over a 300lb WR with one arm that Judd and Jim are pushing because he went to a baptist college and plans on running for congress after the NFL. Jason could waste another future draft pick or would have been able to use our Geoff Swaim pick on him.

How stupid is it that Dallas is somehow ignoring that they drafted Swaim and protected him from the PS at the expense of losing defensive depth (Brinkley) that they desperately needed.

Reaction score
We needed all the draft picks we could get. Think about it, late in the draft, Jason is out of picks and sees that San Diego and Minnesota (Norv) are planning on fighting on the UFDA market over a 300lb WR with one arm that Judd and Jim are pushing because he went to a baptist college and plans on running for congress after the NFL. Jason could waste another future draft pick or would have been able to use our Geoff Swaim pick on him.

How stupid is it that Dallas is somehow ignoring that they drafted Swaim and protected him from the PS at the expense of losing defensive depth (Brinkley) that they desperately needed.

Am i crazy or does wentz also had a hitch in his delivery too?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

We traded a future pick to draft that guy, and they said they drafted him because he was a high end blocker.

Then he couldn't block anybody but showed he might have some potential as a #3/move type TE.

Basically, looks like a wasted pick.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We traded a future pick to draft that guy, and they said they drafted him because he was a high end blocker.

Then he couldn't block anybody but showed he might have some potential as a #3/move type TE.

Basically, looks like a wasted pick.

At the time, the pick struck me as the type of picks jerri has made in the past where he is seeing ghosts ready to pounce on his pet cat which caused him to overdraft the player.

The only solace I took from the trade and pick was that at least it's now happening with late round picks instead of top 3 picks

What sucks is they could have drafted that RB Rawls instead of trying to sign him as free agent but lost to Seattle

Last edited:

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score

At Texas, Swaim's role wasn't as a receiver because Texas does not throw to the tight ends. Not because he cannot run routes, beat people, and catch - he can. The dude is your next Witten, for some team if not this one.

the next witten? you are so full of crap your ears are leaking brown stuff

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Am i crazy or does wentz also had a hitch in his delivery too?

Personally I never saw a hitch in his delivery. Mechanically he looks extremely sound. No waisted movement, no big windup. A lot of guys his hight tend to throw sidearm which negates their hight. He doesn't waist any of his hight with his throwing motion.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It may not be a hitch exactly, but I see something there, too. I think it's that he drops the ball just a little bit before he lets it go. It's not all the time and it's not as bad as a Byron Leftwich windmill or anything, but something looks slightly off. I don't see it in all his highlights so maybe it's something he's worked on eliminating?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We should find out for sure next week if he has a hitch in his windup or not.

Top Bottom