ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bad thing about Wade Wilson, the scuttlebutt a couple weeks ago on the radio when they were talking about this was that Wilson is Romo's buddy. Like they're really tight. So I doubt he goes anywhere even if he does suck as a teacher.

It's almost like there's a pattern here.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bad thing about Wade Wilson, the scuttlebutt a couple weeks ago on the radio when they were talking about this was that Wilson is Romo's buddy. Like they're really tight. So I doubt he goes anywhere even if he does suck as a teacher.

It's almost like there's a pattern here.

So both Wilson and Garrett are tight with Romo. Got to give it to them both: suck up to Romo, and have job security.

Reaction score
Goff. The more I read about him the more I think he's the most NFL ready and most primed for success. Like his moxie. He loves the game and is a gym rat. Has mobility and can improvise like Romo. I think he's worthy of the #1 overall selection. Won't be there for us, unfortunately.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching? I totally forgot they were playing today.

You know his ginger status gives him a leg up on the rest of the QBs on our board.

First thing I notice -- dude has the whitest, palest legs I've ever seen. No wonder he went to ND State. The Texas sun could be a real problem.

He'd be put on IR after two practices with third degree sunburn lol

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok. So which QB do any of you prefer, and why?

I don't know that I have strong preference over 1 of them right now. I see a number of things to like about many of them.

Like Mid said, Goff might be the most ready to play soon (if he had to) although I think if Connor Cook got on the right team he might perform pretty well early too, because he's been so well coached in a pro style offense already.

I think ultimately (say 4-5 years from now) Lynch might be the best because of his size, arm talent and mobility. I also like Wentz a lot.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't know that I have strong preference over 1 of them right now. I see a number of things to like about many of them.

Like Mid said, Goff might be the most ready to play soon (if he had to) although I think if Connor Cook got on the right team he might perform pretty well early too, because he's been so well coached in a pro style offense already.

I think ultimately (say 4-5 years from now) Lynch might be the best because of his size, arm talent and mobility. I also like Wentz a lot.

cook is an example of someone well coached who does not seem to learn very well. Been so inconsistent in big games over the entirety of his career.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score

size, arm and mobilty don't mean squat compared to what is between the ears. Every time I see a prospect described that way I know whoever is talking misses the big picture.

Put it this way:

There is a distinct chance that Kellen Moore will have a better career then the physical specimen that was Jumungous Russel. Despite being incredibly inferior in EVERY MEASUREABLE WAY.

Reaction score
No QB will develop while Wade Wilson has a job with Dallas. What better teacher is there than history, especially recent history? When Jerry had to trick the fanbase into supporting a new stadium he hired Bill Parcells. Wade Wilson was here prior to that during the Campo dark age where shit QB after shit QB was the norm. Did Parcells keep Wilson? Nope. What happened then? Romo was acquired and we had a franchise QB in place for the next decade. Parcells leaves and Jerry brings Wilson back, and since then we have had no QBs worth a shit behind Romo. But magically, a guy like Weeden has two years under Wilson and sucks major balls. He gets cut, goes to Houston and does far better there in two weeks than he ever did here in two years. It is pretty fucking obvious what Wilson brings to the table as a QB coach. He's a bag of dicks that Jerry likes to eat. Reality (and I don't mean the douche bag that runs the zone), is speaking loud and clear about Wade Wilson.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
cook is an example of someone well coached who does not seem to learn very well. Been so inconsistent in big games over the entirety of his career.

Which ones? They got run over by a superior team in Alabama and he was playing with a significant shoulder injury anyway.

He played really good in big wins in bowl games vs really good teams like Baylor and Stanford. Beat Ohio State his first yr as a starter for Big 10 championship. Hasn't lost many games as a starter and takes good care of the football.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
size, arm and mobilty don't mean squat compared to what is between the ears. Every time I see a prospect described that way I know whoever is talking misses the big picture.

Put it this way:

There is a distinct chance that Kellen Moore will have a better career then the physical specimen that was Jumungous Russel. Despite being incredibly inferior in EVERY MEASUREABLE WAY.

So you think Lynch is Jemarcus Russell?

Is there any evidence at all that Lynch is stupid and would eat himself out of the league?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No QB will develop while Wade Wilson has a job with Dallas. What better teacher is there than history, especially recent history? When Jerry had to trick the fanbase into supporting a new stadium he hired Bill Parcells. Wade Wilson was here prior to that during the Campo dark age where shit QB after shit QB was the norm. Did Parcells keep Wilson? Nope. What happened then? Romo was acquired and we had a franchise QB in place for the next decade. Parcells leaves and Jerry brings Wilson back, and since then we have had no QBs worth a shit behind Romo. But magically, a guy like Weeden has two years under Wilson and sucks major balls. He gets cut, goes to Houston and does far better there in two weeks than he ever did here in two years. It is pretty fucking obvious what Wilson brings to the table as a QB coach. He's a bag of dicks that Jerry likes to eat. Reality (and I don't mean the douche bag that runs the zone), is speaking loud and clear about Wade Wilson.

That might be true, but when the only guy drafted during his stay is Stephen McGee, its not like he's had a shit ton to work with.

If we had drafted a number of guys over the years and none of them developed, I'd be more inclined to agree. But the QB's on this roster for years have been a who's who of manure.

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: Moore: Why can't Cowboys find a backup quarterback? Blame Jason Garrett as much as Jerry Jones | SportsDay

Money quote -

"I disagree with the assessment that we never do a good job at this,'' Garrett said. "I think we have done a good job at different times with the backup quarterback position.

"Jon Kitna was a good backup quarterback. He was very successful when he had a chance to play in his role.''

You have got to be fucking kidding me. No Garrett, you haven't ever done a good job with backup QBs. You did not develop Kitna at all. He was an aged decent QB who came in during a crash and burn season which you were very much a major part of the problem to win a few games that had no real meaning other than hurting our draft position.

And then this quote -

"The concern always with developing a young guy is if you draft the player too high and your starting quarterback continues to play like you want him to, you are typically developing that guy for another team.''

Does any other fanbase have to put up with this insanity? Other teams just stink, but we have clowns running our show with no end in sight. It's madness. Just shoot me. There is no god it seems.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
So you think Lynch is Jemarcus Russell?

Is there any evidence at all that Lynch is stupid and would eat himself out of the league?

he is not as dedicated as all reports Goff is. Simple as that. Take it any way you want.

Reaction score
Maybe he sux, I'm not really sure. When all you get is Brad Johnson, Jon Kitna, Matt Cassel, Weeden and mighty midget to work with, it leaves room for debate.

It isn't like we've drafted a half dozen guys and none of them panned out. One drafted guy at QB since he's been here.

They all have something in common except Kitna. They were all Norv or scheme related. Brad Johnson was Jason's carry over from the Bucs. Not about viability or talent, but how well do they know the scheme already. The Patriots pick up a player and make him learn their scheme. Jason wants players he doesn't have to coach, even if they are too old, worn out or have no real hope of helping the team in a pinch.

And Kitna, who was no directly related to the Coryell or Garrett tree, was the most successful.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
he is not as dedicated as all reports Goff is. Simple as that. Take it any way you want.

I'd like to see some of those reports...if out there I'm sure it will come out for all to see, but I haven't seen anyone who covers the draft talking about that yet, and the guy has been discussed as the either 1st or 2nd best QB prospect since the middle of the college season basically

Reaction score
Kitna was with the Bengals with Bob Bratkowski who ran the Dennis Erikson Coryell offense. It had the same theory but much more creative plays initially before becoming the same four plays over and over.

Top Bottom