lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Fool's Gold. That's what Dak is right now. He's bright and shiny and has no past to mumble over and he's done so well with teams that are horribad that it's got you all just atwitter. He may be the next Brady, but I'm not holding my breath. I like the guy. He has a great story. Looks good on paper and in playing. But let's not get this twisted. Even if we keep him as starter, I'd not trade Romo this year, we have butt fumble as back up. Plus, no one in their right fucking mind would trade premium picks and or starter level players for Romo at this time of year. No one. Not even the Jets.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If Romo got trading to a team that could and would actually coach him, it'd probably be the best thing that ever happened to him (assuming they also had a decent defense) but not likely to happen for the reasons mentioned

Blue_Stars

Spectator
Reaction score
We should trade Romo for 5th round because he is too old and very expensive. We can save the moneys. We have Daks the best ever.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We should trade Romo for 5th round because he is too old and very expensive. We can save the moneys. We have Daks the best ever.
I can tell from your posts you're going places. Not college, but places.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That would not surprise me in the least.
texas-tech.jpg

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know the big thing is compensation for Romo but the salary cap relief in the future is just as important. We have a couple of players from our defensive unit that will be free agents. Many may be having great years due to knowing it's a contract year or simply may be hitting their stride. I don't know. But either way to improve our defense we are going to have to sign those cowboys defensive free agents and/or get other free agents to fill that void. That won't come cheap so getting rid of Romo's contract would help in that regard.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I seem to have changed my tune a little bit on Romo lately. I was for throwing him out with the bath water and keeping Dak in. But after looking back at his career and realizing that we would have been 4-12 for the last 8 years without him and listening to Talking Cowboys and the Cowboys Break I'm more inclined to give him one last shot. I don't necessarily feel like we as fans owe it to him like some where saying. But I do believe he deserves one last shot at it with this team. We drafted Zeke to help Romo. This is probably Romo's best chance at making a run with the team that we have now assembled. I say Put him in at Cleveland and see what he can do. If he's the old Romo then we go with him and give him a shot at taking this team to the Super Bowl one lasts time. Which will never happen by the way, not without a better defense. But the question needs to be answered. Can Romo still play at a high level with out getting hurt?

I don't believe he can do either. Not because of skill, but because his body can no longer handle the rigors of the NFL.

So we give him one last shot. But as soon as he's loosing games, making stupid mistakes and turning the ball over, or the most likely outcome of him getting injured one last time we put Dak in and never look back. At least we can do it in good conscience knowing full well that Romo is no longer the best person to lead this team.

Now with that said......

At that point I'm all for letting Romo go and getting anything we can for him to bolster our defense and build it for the future.

But where does that leave our back up QB situation? Pretty much just as bad as 2015. We would have butt tackle Sanchez and mini me Moore.

So if Dak goes down for an extended time it would be 2015 all over again.

But I am willing to take that chance to get more pieces to help build our defense to match our offense

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At that point I'm all for letting Romo go and getting anything we can for him to bolster our defense and build it for the future.
Then you better damn well not play him anymore. Because he's just gonna get busted up again, and trade value sinks more.
But I do believe he deserves one last shot at it with this team.
"Deserves" what? The 100 million we're giving him. He doesn't "deserve" to just walk right back into the job any more than Dak "deserves" to be benched.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When you eschew ALL purely emotional reasons for Romo to return especially the infantile "he deserves it" one, no reason remains to just replace Dak as the starter.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I say get value for Romo while we can. I'm not even focused on picks. I'm more so focused on getting him off the books. Maybe we can squeeze a defensive lineman out of the Jets.

Get him off the books so we can pay Leary next year and Collins in two years. Spend the rest on improving the defensive front line.

As well as resigning our free agents in the secondary

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
While all of us may hope Romo has "value" the fact is he has a mammoth cap charge and has mega injury questions.

Unless some team just goes full ******, I cant imagine we can get much (if anything) for Romo.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All we need is one single teams starting QB to go full Romo and break a bone. Then Romo has great value

Just like with Bradford replacing Bridgewater

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
While all of us may hope Romo has "value" the fact is he has a mammoth cap charge and has mega injury questions.

Unless some team just goes full ******, I cant imagine we cant get much (if anything) for Romo.

I agree. Just him coming off the books would be huge for us.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Romo can't come back from this showing. This guy Dak is pretty good. For the emotional side of things, we would be doing Tony a favor by trading him so he would haven't Prescott breathing. Down his back. Many Cowboys fans have been wanting another option at QB anyway so Prescott coupled with eager Dallas fans is even more pressure on Romo

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Unless some team just goes full ******, I cant imagine we can get much (if anything) for Romo.

Depends on the team and how close they feel they are to a Super Bowl. If the Jets feel they are only a QB away it might be worth it to them to mortgage their future for a shot at a title now. Would the Cards feel that Romo gives them a better shot than Palmer? What about Denver? Sure they have Lynch but how ready is he? Would they rather have Romo for a year or two and allow Lynch to continue to learn?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Depends on the team and how close they feel they are to a Super Bowl. If the Jets feel they are only a QB away it might be worth it to them to mortgage their future for a shot at a title now. Would the Cards feel that Romo gives them a better shot than Palmer? What about Denver? Sure they have Lynch but how ready is he? Would they rather have Romo for a year or two and allow Lynch to continue to learn?

I was thinking exactly the same thing

Not that it could happen this year but just imagine Romo getting traded to the Jets or Broncos and we end up meeting them in the SB

then beat his ass leaving him without a SB win on his career

Which is what he will have if he remains with Dallas (zero SB wins)

But if we trade him this season and don't make the SB I would love to see him join Ware and get a SB with him. As long as it's not vs the Cowboys

Top Bottom