yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How many times have you heard Staubach and Aikman talk about how when your QB is the guy he has to be THE guy? You can't have them looking over their shoulder, you can't have the whole team second-guessing every decision they make, wondering if they'd be better off with the young guy.

gotcha, its a reasonable point when describing a scenario similar to Staubach shuttling in and out with Morton or When Aikman and Walsh (both young) were competing for the job but Romo is 34 years old and he just got a huge vote of confidence with his last contract. He should understand that at his age the Cowboys need to start thinking about life without him, especially adding in his recent injuries/surguries.

I would prefer management to echo publicly that no job is safe and then privately be like Jimmy Johnson was with Emmitt Smith when he told Emmitt he had to get on to him because if the rest of the team saw that Jimmy won't let up on his star players then the rest of the team has no chance (my best recollection)

I think pressure is good, you get to find out who cracks and it prepares players for the pressure of big games. Be cunning and use the press to send a message to the team.

I think success is built upon hundreds of tiny edges (physical, mental, psychological, salary cap, etc) and I don't think the Cowboys work hard enough to gain every edge possible and in todays parity driven league, I believe fighting for every edge makes the difference between winning and losing.....at least that's the view from my couch.

Reaction score
He doesn't seem so arrogant when he is walking off the field after one of his late game interceptions. Usually he hangs his head and looks for a WR to blame it on.
As often as not, there is a WR to blame.

Top Bottom