Reaction score
Why leave the Eagles guessing!? Ha they'll prepare for Romo and when he doesn't play, they'll tee off on our crappy backup.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Kitna knows something about back injuries

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is dealing with a herniated disk in his back that most likely will keep him out of Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

While Cowboys' officials are not ruling him out of the game, any serious back injury leads to speculation of surgery, something Romo most likely will have and the possibility he won't play.

Newly-signed backup Jon Kitna had a herniated disk problem in 2011, his last season with the Cowboys.

"There are varying levels," Kitna said. "I don't know where his is at. There are varying levels. You can be completely incapacitated. Like mine was something that never went down into the legs. When it gets you, it gets you. There's not much you can do about it."

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Why Romo wasn't on injury report last week

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The NFL said it would look into the fact that Tony Romo was not on the injury report even though his back was bothering him leading into last week’s game against the Washington Redskins.

Coach Jason Garrett said he has yet to speak with anybody from the NFL offices, but offered up an explanation for Romo's absence from the injury report.

“He took every rep in practice,” Garrett said. “That’s what we based our injury reports on with all of our players. He practiced on Wednesday, practiced on Thursday, practiced on Friday and took every rep. I think everyone’s dealing with something this time of year. If you want to say, ‘How’s that elbow feeling?’ with every guy you’d have a pretty extensive injury report.”

In case you were wondering, Romo is on the injury report this week.

Reaction score
Quite possibly the first time those words have ever been typed.

Here is the fascinating part for me: Jimmy Johnson and Belichick are friends. Garrett has floated on Johnson's boat before to get advice on coaching. And I think in some way, Jason has Jerry convinced that he is building a Patriots type team - as the Patriots are the last modern team to win 3 championships in a span of 10 years. But Jason's RKG talent acquisition is really a Parcells/Jimmy Johnson formula which would seem to extend to Belichick except Belichick has some potent behaviorists on his staff who are not afraid of good talent with bad character. I am convinced that when Romo was passing in the second half of the Green Bay game that Garrett was envisioning the season of Brady and Moss where Belichick was running up the score claiming "You need to be aggressive in this league". Romo has tried to adopt a style of pocket presence like Brady, and I think that Garrett has delusions that if he tried to use some of Belichick's techniques, he will have Belichick's results. This Romo-injury mystery is a typical, if not transparent, Belichick leverage move. Belichick would put half of his roster on the injury report to try to get an advantage. The problem is that merely employing a mockery offense and mannequin defense that were successful for a time in the 80s and 90's (but rather anachronistic now), does not remediate the weaknesses of the team or exploit their strengths. Mimicking parts of Belichick does not help a team that doesn't need Belichick or Norv Turner; it doesn't need 90's Jimmy Johnson or Monte Kiffin; it needs a coach to find out what is going wrong before during and after the games and correct the flaws. The team should not be so misled that mere press conferences are examples of leadership. Jason's offense puts Romo at risk every week and wastes the running game strength and probability of winning by continuing to operate in such a fog of delusion. He has really done nothing but hurt this team over the past 3 years. But yet, here the team is, almost on the brink of winning the division despite another 4 games this year (similar to last year and the year prior) where the actions and/or inactions of the Cowboys head coach cost them games. Belichick, turner, johnson, et al would not allow that as coaches, but Jason seems to believe he is on par with their skill.

Top Bottom