superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Business maybe, but not individual wealth.

Youd have to show me something concrete in order for me to believe that.

His comment has absolutely nothing to do with what he was responding to, which is that rich people have a bigger piece of the pie than they've ever had. He's citing some bullshit that says average household wealth has declined. (Which is probably true, altho I doubt it's really 40%...but I'd have to see what they are factoring as "household wealth")

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yes. But they are not going to employ people for no reason. So it's cyclical. We have to increase demand.

Give more money to the poor and middle class to spend via things like tax breaks. Tax the rich to make up the difference. There are millions of ideas that are good. Tax breaks for the wealthy and deregulation are not one of those good ideas.

I agree. They won't employ if there's nothing to gain.

We can't just keep giving poor people money, though. What happens is, they spend the free money, then they're right back to being poor again.

Guess who they just gave that money to. . . The rich people that gave it to them in the first place.

Vicious cycle that would be never ending. Won't fix anything, IMO.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
btw, I don't think anything can be done by the government that will trump corporate greed. What on Earth is going to induce corporations to bring their manufacturing plants back to a country where they have to pay their workers at least 10 times as much as they're paying their overseas employees?

Basically the tax breaks for the rich are rewarding them for being rich. Nothing more to it than that.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree. They won't employ if there's nothing to gain.

We can't just keep giving poor people money, though. What happens is, they spend the free money, then they're right back to being poor again.

Guess who they just gave that money to. . . The rich people that gave it to them in the first place.

Vicious cycle that would be never ending. Won't fix anything, IMO.

Yeah but that's exactly how our economy works. It's the only way our economy works right now because it's entirely consumption-based. So giving them more money to spend is a good thing, or at the very least it is a better option for stimulating our economy than giving it to the rich - for the simple reason that there are more poor people than rich people, and they will spend more of it on more goods.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
And Sheik, to draw further on this;

You, and everyone else, are NEVER going to say "Hey, I'm raking in cash and meeting demand with six guys. Instead of keeping that extra money for myself, why don't I hire a new guy for no reason so that more people have jobs?"

That's what you and the Republican party wants us to believe that rich people are sitting around magnanimously hiring people with all this extra money from their tax breaks, loopholes and incentives. They've had this money since Bush lowered their tax rate to below what the poor/middle class pays. Where are the jobs? Why hasn't it trickled down?

Because it's absolute bullshit. Demand has to be increased first. The best way to do that is by giving the largest class of people (poor and middle) more money to spend. Tax the rich at the same rate they were taxed when Reagan was in office. Pass those tax savings onto the poor/middle class. Remove loopholes that permit huge American corporations to avoid paying taxes to our country. Jobs will have to be created because demand has increased because the majority of Americans suddenly have more money.

Sp, the reason I'm meeting demand with 6 people, is because there is no demand.

Believe me, I would love to give people their jobs back, but not if it's more headache for basically the same money.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't think corporations are going to change when Americans still buy their shit. We grumble and complain about them but that's as far as it goes.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I really learned alot from reading this thread.

There is no demand for products in America and superpunk really is a jew. He thinks making money is all about hoarding it for himself.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sp, the reason I'm meeting demand with 6 people, is because there is no demand.

Believe me, I would love to give people their jobs back, but not if it's more headache for basically the same money.

So we are in complete agreement then?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol "my business makes alot of money, but I'm not going to expand my business or invest using some of my earnings or do anything at all to make more money, I'm just going to sit on it."

Business 101.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol "my business makes alot of money, but I'm not going to expand my business or invest using some of my earnings or do anything at all to make more money, I'm just going to sit on it."

It's a strange concept.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Up until how to create demand. Yeah, we're like Siamese twins.

But it's cool, at least we aren't flaming each other with insults.

Good shit.

ok so we disagree there. But I think your position above (there is no reason to hire someone without demand) flies in the face of the Republican mantra which is to perpetuate the myth that if we simply give the "job-creators" more money that suddenly there will be more jobs. Which is actually the exact opposite of what happens.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's a strange concept.

Some people were made to make a lot of money while others like superpunk are made to check the irrigation for Irving Cowboy's massive plumbing.

Probably should have aimed for that A in biology, punk, as opposed to settling for a B-.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Jobs are an investment, IMO.

I would invest in people if I saw a possible return down the road. That's my opinion.

Another thing is, hiring those guys back, if everyone started doing that, would increase demand. But, "we're" not doing that until taxes are relaxed.

Don't expect me to stimulate the economy AND take care of the poor.

^
That's what I think a lot of BIG business has said. Basically "Fuck me? No. Fuck you." type of attitude. And rightfully so, IMO.

Top Bottom