bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dude it was my plan I'm smarter than everyone here get over it. Barron is a scrub and there were no other safeties in the draft. And there were no decent safeties in FA. So we couldn't call 1-900-getasafetyparcells. Did what we had to do, got an elite player at a position of need. Jenkins can suck it.

Didn't Barron go off the board just one pick later? As for CB, Jerry created the need. There were higher priorities to be addressed, and other viable players available to address them.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Didn't Barron go off the board just one pick later?

Yes, the Bucs are retards.

As for CB, Jerry created the need. There were higher priorities to be addressed, and other viable players available to address them.

I don't even....

I guess if Cox is the man and we could have found a way to get him you have a point.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But we still would be in a bad place next year when Jenkins is leaving to "get paid" whatever he can get. We've cut that problem off at the pass, and given him no leverage in negotiations. Pretty shrewd imo.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
But we still would be in a bad place next year when Jenkins is leaving to "get paid" whatever he can get. We've cut that problem off at the pass, and given him no leverage in negotiations. Pretty shrewd imo.

Who said he had to leave? It's obvious the Cowboys made up their mind about his long-term future before the draft. Even if he returns healthy and completes a nice season, he's a goner. And since three starting corners cannot realistically coexist, give Jenkins credit for recognizing a shot across his bow when he sees one.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No one in their right mind thought that cornerback was still a pressing need after we signed Carr. It was all about replacing Newman, not Jenkins. That's why most draft projections had us going safety, dline or oline. As for Rosenhaus, I remember him approaching the team about a contract extension, but not the part about Jenkins being paid as much as Carr.

What makes more sense? Drafting one of the best CB prospects in a long time, who happens to be younger than Jenkins and less expensive or forking over an additional $50 million for Jenkins, when this guy cannot stay healthy? Carr was for replacing Newman, but Claiborne was for hedging agaisnt Jenkins.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What makes more sense? Drafting one of the best CB prospects in a long time, who happens to be younger than Jenkins and less expensive or forking over an additional $50 million for Jenkins, when this guy cannot stay healthy? Carr was for replacing Newman, but Claiborne was for hedging agaisnt Jenkins.

Please. Claiborne will be replacing Jenkins, if not this year then certainly next. Economics aside, even if Mike has a fantastic year, there's not enough room for the three of them.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who said he had to leave? It's obvious the Cowboys made up their mind about his long-term future before the draft. Even if he returns healthy and completes a nice season, he's a goner. And since three starting corners cannot realistically coexist, give Jenkins credit for recognizing a shot across his bow when he sees one.

rosenhaus, inconsistent, can't stay healthy....I mean I'm not Nostradamus but I can see where this is going. Which is why I wanted Kirkpatrick.

We took it to the next level.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Meh. WGAS?

I was looking forward to seeing Jenkins/Carr/Claiborne on the field at the same time, probably still will.

No team is going to trade anything close to what a healthy Mike Jenkins is worth. I say let him stay home until he's healthy. Send him one of those cans of air to get the sand out of his pussy, then let him come back when it matters.

Until then, he's injured and can stay home.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jenkins is thinking about his future. I dont really like what he's doing but you cant blame him. Dallas is probably only keeping him to get a compensation pick for him. Teams do shady shit all the time. people cry when players do it. He's doing the right thing for him.

How many countless times have teams been shady?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jenkins is thinking about his future. I dont really like what he's doing but you cant blame him. Dallas is probably only keeping him to get a compensation pick for him. Teams do shady shit all the time. people cry when players do it. He's doing the right thing for him.

How many countless times have teams been shady?

nobody here is complaining, this isnt the zone.

Its pretty understandable all around.

When its mandatory he will be there. pretty simple.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I cant see him playing for Dallas week one. Just eliminate distractions.

why not?

this is all nonsense right now. he is being told to say this stuff by his agent.

remember, he was penciled in to replace henry in 08 and couldnt beat him out or stay healthy in camp. Claiborne is already injured, if jenkins health is good in training camp i doubt he would be able to beat out jenkins early on either.

jenkins knows this and so does the team.

he is no where near good enough to hold out or demand anything. he has basically no value around the league. No one is going to trade anything for a guy with no contract, so he would have to find someone to trade a pick/player to Dallas and agree to a new contract to finalize the trade.....and since only handful of GM's are poor enough to do that with one of them being ours I really doubt it happens.

the fun part is going to be when claiborne struggles and jenkins plays well, thats when the real nonsense will start. Wait till that happens and watkins/jjt, mac engle get going on that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
nobody here is complaining, this isnt the zone.

Its pretty understandable all around.

When its mandatory he will be there. pretty simple.

This

Even if he was there, he wouldnt be practicing now anyway. Still recovering from shoulder surgery. So he's boycotting the chance to watch some practices in shorts and tennis shoes

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I cant see him playing for Dallas week one. Just eliminate distractions.

I cant see them trading him anytime soon, there's no motivation for us to do so. CB is a numbers position and we have numbers. Unless someone wows us with a really good offer (ie, 3rd rd pick or better) there's no reason to move him. We'll almost assuredly get a 3rd or 4th rd comp pick back if he leaves via free agency after next year.

Top Bottom